Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bush camp painted dogs a wonderful stay walking safari camp staff the river mana pools bush kitchen guide henry excellent guide tented accommodation clouds bucket eland zambezi afternoon sebastien
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2019

Zambezi Expeditions gave us the most wonderful experience of Mana Pools! Besides a beautiful stay, great guides and hospitality - the incredible nature gave us all we hoped for. We saw lots of elephants, zebra's, buffalo's, hippo's, crocodiles and a leopard. And the pools itself were truly magic.

Date of stay: June 2019
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2019

This is fabulous to read. Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely feedback. I am thrilled you had such wonderful sighting in the beautiful surroundings that is Mana. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Until then stay well.

Reviewed 5 August 2019

While in Mana Pool National Park, Zimbabwe, we had the honor of staying in 2 of their camps. The first was the Expeditions camp. My experience there was wonderful. Our tents were close to the animal trails going to the river and daily we saw animals walk past our tents to go for their watering area. Hippos, elephants, lions, kudo, baboons would pass by. The dining tent was a favorite place to enjoy the parade of animals. Our game drives were informative and we saw many animals and birds up close. We could go on walking safaris with 1-2 armed guides depending on how many people who were going to walk. We were always safe. The guides took very good care of us. Every vehicle safari would be stopped for tea/coffee and delicious treats midway along the trip. It was amazing. In May, bring something warm because evenings can be cool. You must not ever approach any of the animals. Since breakfast and dinner were usually when it was dark out, we had to wait for the guides us to bring us to the meal tent for safety. They took our safety to be their most important mission above all else. I highly recommend the staff here. I found that I felt they were like family when I left and I truly miss the laughter and fun we had. There is nothing like a bucket shower. A great experience. All the food was fantastic.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Karen P
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2019

"Top Notch" thank you for this lovely praise. I think so often people forget exactly how wild it is in Africa and our guides are incredibly professional in this manner. I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience with our team and I do hope you will return for another shower under the stars.

All the best from your friends at African Bush camps

Reviewed 15 July 2019

I have just returned from two weeks in Zimbabwe (volunteer work and holiday) that included three days at Zambezi Expeditions. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It was a real tented camp experience but the accommodation was excellent, the food was great. I found the staff very friendly, welcoming; they all called me by my name and seemed interested in what I was doing and what I needed. My two guides, TK and Henry, were excellent. I don't know how they were able to find the animals; they helped me get great pictures. We went canoeing one afternoon among the hippos and didn't tip or hit any hippos. I came home with some great pictures. I have been on many different African safaris, but I got four pictures I had never seen before: pangolin, nyala, owl and malachite kingfisher. Many thanks for a wonderful holiday.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bob H
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

Thank you Bob for this lovely feedback. isn't it such a thrill to be on the mighty Zambezi, surrounded by wildlife. Thank you for leaving another lovely review, our team are thrilled.

Reviewed 5 July 2019

To re-iterate what other reviewers have said before, this is a fantastic simple camp on the banks of the Zambezi run by a truly wonderful team.
The tents are not luxurious but are clean and very comfortable, looking out over the Zambezi River to the hills of Zambia beyond. Outside en-suite facilities include perfectly acceptable bucket showers and heated water in the mornings or when you want it. To lie in bed listening to the sound of hippos and other camp visitors at night is the archetypal African experience and this is the place to do it (Africa as it used to be).
Without doubt it is the staff, however, who turn this camp from good to brilliant. It was like staying with friends for 3 nights and we wish we could have stayed longer. Every single person in camp was a delight and a credit to African Bush Camps. Henry, we even forgive you for not finding us Painted Dogs! Thanks for trying so hard though, and for showing us lions on a kill on foot from 40m! Look forward to reading your book on Mana Poops ;-)

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Amazing, thank you for such a lovely review, what a magnificent sighting of the lion kill on foot. We truly aim to provide old-world Africa and I believe that is what you experienced.

I will be sure to share such fabulous feedback with our entire team and hope you will come back to keep up the search for the thrilling painted dogs. All the best until then.

Reviewed 24 June 2019

My wife and I did a 9 day safari in Zimbabwe: Mana Pools (3), Bumi Hills (2), and Hwange (3), and Zambezi Expeditions left my wife crying when we left because of the personal touch the staff gives everyday. This camp is amazing on every level. Cloud was an amazing guide that took us canoeing on the Zambezi and Henry took us walking up to lions, hippos, elephants, and african wild dogs. Sabastian, Jorge, and Michelle were so nice and went way above and beyond for our stay, but every staff member did. The animals we saw in Mana Pools were by far the best and most abundant, but the guides are so good at what they do that you see more than you can ask for when you arrive. Cloud the last 10 minutes of a 4 hour game drive spotted out in the distance vultures circling and he got there the quickest way possible and we ended up seeing 5 lions. The staff set up an unbelievable candlelit dinner for us on our last night, and we will remember it forever. The bed was very comfortable, and the hot bucket shower is great and unique. I highly recommend staying at this camp in Mana Pools, it is amazing!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Hi Taylor this is such a phenomenal review of the most deserving team, thank you for your kind acknowledgement of each member of the team.

Your sightings sound incredible and I must agree with you Mana Pools is such a magnificent location, I am thrilled that you had such a fabulous stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you both back in the near future, in the meantime, I will be sure to share this wonderful feedback with our entire team.