Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bush camp painted dogs a wonderful stay walking safari camp staff the river mana pools bush kitchen guide henry excellent guide tented accommodation clouds bucket eland zambezi afternoon sebastien
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2019

I have just returned from two weeks in Zimbabwe (volunteer work and holiday) that included three days at Zambezi Expeditions. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It was a real tented camp experience but the accommodation was excellent, the food was great. I found the staff very friendly, welcoming; they all called me by my name and seemed interested in what I was doing and what I needed. My two guides, TK and Henry, were excellent. I don't know how they were able to find the animals; they helped me get great pictures. We went canoeing one afternoon among the hippos and didn't tip or hit any hippos. I came home with some great pictures. I have been on many different African safaris, but I got four pictures I had never seen before: pangolin, nyala, owl and malachite kingfisher. Many thanks for a wonderful holiday.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bob H
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

Thank you Bob for this lovely feedback. isn't it such a thrill to be on the mighty Zambezi, surrounded by wildlife. Thank you for leaving another lovely review, our team are thrilled.

Reviewed 5 July 2019

To re-iterate what other reviewers have said before, this is a fantastic simple camp on the banks of the Zambezi run by a truly wonderful team.
The tents are not luxurious but are clean and very comfortable, looking out over the Zambezi River to the hills of Zambia beyond. Outside en-suite facilities include perfectly acceptable bucket showers and heated water in the mornings or when you want it. To lie in bed listening to the sound of hippos and other camp visitors at night is the archetypal African experience and this is the place to do it (Africa as it used to be).
Without doubt it is the staff, however, who turn this camp from good to brilliant. It was like staying with friends for 3 nights and we wish we could have stayed longer. Every single person in camp was a delight and a credit to African Bush Camps. Henry, we even forgive you for not finding us Painted Dogs! Thanks for trying so hard though, and for showing us lions on a kill on foot from 40m! Look forward to reading your book on Mana Poops ;-)

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Amazing, thank you for such a lovely review, what a magnificent sighting of the lion kill on foot. We truly aim to provide old-world Africa and I believe that is what you experienced.

I will be sure to share such fabulous feedback with our entire team and hope you will come back to keep up the search for the thrilling painted dogs. All the best until then.

Reviewed 24 June 2019

My wife and I did a 9 day safari in Zimbabwe: Mana Pools (3), Bumi Hills (2), and Hwange (3), and Zambezi Expeditions left my wife crying when we left because of the personal touch the staff gives everyday. This camp is amazing on every level. Cloud was an amazing guide that took us canoeing on the Zambezi and Henry took us walking up to lions, hippos, elephants, and african wild dogs. Sabastian, Jorge, and Michelle were so nice and went way above and beyond for our stay, but every staff member did. The animals we saw in Mana Pools were by far the best and most abundant, but the guides are so good at what they do that you see more than you can ask for when you arrive. Cloud the last 10 minutes of a 4 hour game drive spotted out in the distance vultures circling and he got there the quickest way possible and we ended up seeing 5 lions. The staff set up an unbelievable candlelit dinner for us on our last night, and we will remember it forever. The bed was very comfortable, and the hot bucket shower is great and unique. I highly recommend staying at this camp in Mana Pools, it is amazing!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Hi Taylor this is such a phenomenal review of the most deserving team, thank you for your kind acknowledgement of each member of the team.

Your sightings sound incredible and I must agree with you Mana Pools is such a magnificent location, I am thrilled that you had such a fabulous stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you both back in the near future, in the meantime, I will be sure to share this wonderful feedback with our entire team.

Reviewed 18 June 2019

This was my 5th and last camp on my trip, my first tented mobile camp, refreshing, wonderful and natural, the tent was very comfortable. One afternoon when walking to my tent, I found a single mother elephant with her young 2-4 year old 20 feet a way from the far side of the tent. Wanted a pic but she was stomping her right foot at me, so went into the tent and came out only able to get a pic of them leaving. Very pleased with my river canoe ride and felt very safe with Cloud at the helm. Walks with my guide Henry to see hippos and elephants will not be forgotten -- and watching the dogs close up at rest and play after a kill. What a moment in time.

This is my second trip to Africa, five camps each time since it is a long flight from the Northwest Coast of USA, and find the personnel in the camps are always concerned that you have a good time and are safe as well as the guides.

Room tip: It appeared that all tents had a view of the river.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2019

Thank you for this lovely feedback and what a special experience witnessing the mother and baby elephant they are such magnificent creatures.

The canoe trip is also such a unique experience, I am thrilled that you took the opportunity. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our staff they are so wonderful. I do hope you will return on your next trip to Africa until then stay well.

Reviewed 16 June 2019

This is an authentic, value for money, semi-permanent mobile tented camp located in a stunningly beautiful Zambezi riverfront location. It offers excellent game drives but is most well regarded for its walking safaris and water safaris on a canoe on the Zambezi river.

The tents are basic but comfortable with flush toilets and bucket showers and each is strategically positioned along the riverfront so you will see elephants and hippos along the riverfront right from your room, along with some spectacular sunsets.

The food is home style cooking and the service is warm and personal and the quality of the safaris and guides is world class. This mobile camp is highly recommended if you are looking an active and authentic immersive safari experience while on a budget. The Luxe Voyager

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you again, it is so wonderful that you were able to experience the full circuit with us. Each camp and team are so unique and I believe your trip will be a testament to that.

All the best and once again thank you.