Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bush camp painted dogs a wonderful stay walking safari camp staff the river mana pools bush kitchen guide henry excellent guide tented accommodation clouds bucket eland zambezi afternoon sebastien
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2019

This was my 5th and last camp on my trip, my first tented mobile camp, refreshing, wonderful and natural, the tent was very comfortable. One afternoon when walking to my tent, I found a single mother elephant with her young 2-4 year old 20 feet a way from the far side of the tent. Wanted a pic but she was stomping her right foot at me, so went into the tent and came out only able to get a pic of them leaving. Very pleased with my river canoe ride and felt very safe with Cloud at the helm. Walks with my guide Henry to see hippos and elephants will not be forgotten -- and watching the dogs close up at rest and play after a kill. What a moment in time.

This is my second trip to Africa, five camps each time since it is a long flight from the Northwest Coast of USA, and find the personnel in the camps are always concerned that you have a good time and are safe as well as the guides.

Room tip: It appeared that all tents had a view of the river.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2019

Thank you for this lovely feedback and what a special experience witnessing the mother and baby elephant they are such magnificent creatures.

The canoe trip is also such a unique experience, I am thrilled that you took the opportunity. Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our staff they are so wonderful. I do hope you will return on your next trip to Africa until then stay well.

Reviewed 16 June 2019

This is an authentic, value for money, semi-permanent mobile tented camp located in a stunningly beautiful Zambezi riverfront location. It offers excellent game drives but is most well regarded for its walking safaris and water safaris on a canoe on the Zambezi river.

The tents are basic but comfortable with flush toilets and bucket showers and each is strategically positioned along the riverfront so you will see elephants and hippos along the riverfront right from your room, along with some spectacular sunsets.

The food is home style cooking and the service is warm and personal and the quality of the safaris and guides is world class. This mobile camp is highly recommended if you are looking an active and authentic immersive safari experience while on a budget. The Luxe Voyager

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you again, it is so wonderful that you were able to experience the full circuit with us. Each camp and team are so unique and I believe your trip will be a testament to that.

All the best and once again thank you.

Reviewed 11 June 2019

My husband I stayed 3 nights with friends and fellow photographers. The staff were absolutely outstanding, they treated us like VIPs. You were looked after and made feel very safe. You were escorted to you tent each night with a guide. The food and accommodation were 5 star. We can’t wait to stay again.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for this lovely feedback, we can't wait to welcome you back again. I will be sure to share this wonderful feedback with our team.

Until we meet again, keep well.

Reviewed 10 May 2019

we went to stay at Zambezi Expedition this month and really loved it. Cloud our guide was superb and as good as they get. The setting of the camp on the river is priceless. Game viewing was excellent, with a pack of 18 wild dogs to top it all.

Steffi- Gondwana Tours & Safaris, Botswana

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Zambezi Expeditions, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2019

Thank you for this lovely review and for taking the time to write it. Cloud really is a wonderful asset to our team and he will be thrilled to hear this lovely feedback.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future until then keep well.

Reviewed 7 May 2019

I had a terrific time at Zambezi Expeditions Camp. The staff was extremely friendly and polite. The game viewing, especially the dogs, is amazing. I canoed on the river with hippos and then went fishing. The guide I had, Cloud, was extremely knowledgeable about the area and the culture. Fantastic time.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for this wonderful review. Isn't it so invigorating canoeing long side the hippo?

I will be sure to pass on this wonderful feedback to our team on the ground.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future until then keep well.