All reviews game drives watering hole copper bath plunge pool african bush coffee delivered water hole indoor and outdoor showers guide david safari experience three nights magical place amazing experience roan antelope early morning his knowledge once in a lifetime
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2019

Wow. I knew I wanted to go to Somalisa Camp after seeing pictures of people lounging very close to them at a watering hole. Even though I knew beforehand that this was a possibility, I didn't grasp how incredibly powerful this experience would be. To watch wave after wave of families of elephants, cresting the hill and waiting their turn to come to drink seemed like a very well choreographed disney movie! But it happened day after day and never got old. To watch a baby elephant try to drink out of it's mother's mouth right in front of me was jaw droppingly beautiful. And then to watch the fun as they squished through the mud, flinging it everywhere and covering their bodies before then flinging sand on top was mesmerizing. I would go here again in a heartbeat just for that experience, but Somalisa has so much more! Sydney the manager was wonderful... attentive to all our needs and very helpful. Our guide Bee was amazing. He seemed to find any animal we were interested in and gave me an appreciation of birds that I never had before. We saw wild dogs, lion cubs, buffalo, and leopards...amazing!
The whole staff was great...it really felt like family there. We also met great people in our jeep and around the communal dining table. We miss Megan and Michael and Alice and Gary...what great jeep companions. It was our first camp in Africa and made a wonderful lasting impression. I'd love to come back some day! Well done Somalisa!

Date of stay: August 2019
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia - African Bush Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2019

This is fabulous to read, I feel like I am right there with you enjoying the Ellie antics! They are so beautiful to watch. What a wonderful first-time experience, thank you for sharing it with us!

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future, thanks again for taking the time to leave this lovely review. All the best until then.

Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

Don’t hesitate. Pack your bags, get your camera ready and be prepared for an experience you will never forget. Firstly, the staff were all excellent, our guide Calvert knowledgeable and patient with us ‘first timers’ and everyone else above and beyond. Made it fun for us. Party of four and celebrated our wedding anniversary (41 years) in style. Many thanks to all.

Date of stay: September 2019

41 years, congratulations how wonderful to hear. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am thrilled you had a lovely stay and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back as second timers in the near future.

Until then, stay well.

Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Our expectations were high, coming to Somalia Camp, and they were exceeded in high fashion! Our guide, Albert, has great knowledge of all the animals, birds, and native vegetation, and provided great insights to all. The camp manager, Sydney, treated us like long-standing friends from the moment we arrived. We felt a special bond with all the staff. We had a logistical mixup which Sydney and Albert sorted straight away. The team is truly focused on the guests’ experiences, and they are wonderful. We give the accommodations, food, and service our highest marks!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff_Los_Altos_CA

Thank you for this kind acknowledgement of our wonderful team, it is fabulous to read. I am glad Sydney and Albert were able to sort out the mix-up, as you put it the guest experience is truly our focus.

We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 August 2019

Somalisa Camp gave us the most wonderful experience of Hwange National Park. Besides a truly wonderful lodge and great guides and hospitality, nature gave us all we hoped for. We saw lots of elephants, giraffes, buffalo's, zebra's and even a leopard and two times a cheetah in the short period of time we stayed there.

Date of stay: June 2019
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia - African Bush Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2019

Wow, what fabulous sightings. great to hear you had such a wonderful trip. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and share your experience.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

All the best.

Reviewed 14 August 2019

Everything about Somalisa exceeded our expectations! Accommodation is gorgeous and comfortable. We had tent 3 with view of waterhole. Our guide, Clement, so friendly, sincere, knowledgeable and just wonderful. The food is delicious and plentiful. You will not go hungry here! Highly recommend Somalisa!

Date of stay: August 2019
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia - African Bush Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Five plus! We will take it. Thank you for taking the time to share this lovely review it is a delight to read. I will be sure to share it with our entire team.

All the best until we meet again.