Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews game drives watering hole copper bath plunge pool african bush coffee delivered indoor and outdoor showers guide david early morning wonderful experience south africa our night stay every evening dining area victoria falls painted dogs albert
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2019

Africa explorers of all ages should experience this African Bush Camp at least once. Somalisa Acacia lies close to Somalisa Camp offers family tents and takes children below 12 years of age. We had the utmost pleasure of enjoying 4 nights at Somalisa Camp. Tents offer all the comfort you want while sleeping almost amongst the elephants – in fact some of them venture through the camp beating the tents' roof with their trunk in order to get hold of tree fruits lying there. Every morning and evening a most experienced guide takes you on the game drive unforgettable memories guaranteed. The whole team is fabulous! Enjoy most interesting conversations with them and other guests (there will not be more than 14 in total!) on wonderful evenings at the campfire. Wines and food are excellent. Big shout out to our outstanding host **Sidney** from Sandra, Ben and Wulf.

Room tip: all tents are equally fine - you'll have best views at wildlife and encounters with in all of them.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank olafkracht
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia - African Bush Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2019

Hi Sandra, Ben and Wulf thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. It is fabulous to read and share your experience with you.

I will certainly share such wonderful feedback with our entire team, they will be thrilled to receive it. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future until then stay well.

Reviewed 16 July 2019

This was my third trip to Africa having previously been to Namibia and South Africa, Zimbabwe stole my heart as did Somalisa!!!!!!

I had done extensive research on location, country and of course the lodges and Somalisa was 100% more than I had hoped for! As we landed on the dirt airstrip we were welcomed to Zimbabwe by a huge heard of Ellies, Ostrich and Zebra before we could even hit the tree line! As we rounded a hill we heard singing and was welcomed by the Somalisa Staff who had come out to greet us with cold towels, a welcome drink, smiling faces and beautiful voices!!! Nicely done....I'm already hooked!!!!

The tents (if you can call them that) were beyond beautiful, pictures truly doesn't do them justice! In the early morning we heard a "Knock Knock" greeting at the door with our coffee and tea! What a beautiful way to wake up in Africa by sitting outside on your deck in the pre dawn with the sounds of Africa all around you! Most afternoons Ellies would visit the waterhole, drink from the pool and then wonder between the tents to eat pods off the Acacia trees. We watched an Ellie as we were having lunch walk between the tents and step over the walkway right by the dining area so he could get to the trees!!!

I loved walking down the stairs at the boma to a roaring fire with blankets in the chair and more coffee and tea. The area was set up so beautifully and a light breakfast would start out the day. The chef would come out, spread the coals around, place a metal grate over a corner and toast bread, best bread ever!!!! Could be just me loving the moment but bread never tasted better!!!!

The meals were all wonderful and we would often have a choice for our evening meals! They make a little newslettter every day called The Somalisa Sun and tell you about the days events, the weather, the evening menu and some tid bits about an animal! Talk about surprise dining and just extra special touches.......my lips are sealed!!!!! Blew me away!!!!!

Somalisa has a great policy that the ranger you start with is the one you stay with for your whole trip and I think we got the best one ever!!!! Clement was a joy to spend three days with and we left feeling like we'd made a lifelong friend!!! We learned so much about the land, the trees, the smallest animals to the huge Ellies, he was a wealth of knowledge!!!! He truly listened to things we would say and find routes on the game drive to just make us beyond happy! We asked for a special location for sundowners and he knew just the spot. As we headed for the location he drove us through this beautiful valley and through a teak forest before we arrived. Once there we sat perched high in a tree on a beautiful deck with G and T's, snacks and wonderful company!

I could use a million different words to try to make you understand just how special Somalisa, it's staff and it's location are, but in truth they are just hollow words. Nothing will give you the true feeling until you go!

We have been traveling for 28 years and this was literally the best trip of our lives! My heart changes every time I come home from Africa, it humbles me, grounds me and helps me to see life in a different way. I'm melancholy for what I feel when I am on African soil! Thank you Somalisa and all it's staff for being a huge part of that. We will forever have a special place in our hearts for Zimbabwe and Somalisa!

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rrrrrrrrr2014
Gemma H, Public Relations Manager at Somalisa Camp and Somalisa Acacia - African Bush Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

This review is so beautiful, I can't thank you enough for expressing all the feels that Zimbabwe and her people create. We will continue to stand tall as ambassadors of this beautiful country and are thrilled that we will remain a part of your heart.

I have shared this lovely feedback with our team and they will be thrilled to receive it! We do hope to welcome you back in the near future until then stay well.

Reviewed 8 July 2019

Surpassed our expectations. This is the second Africa Bush Camp lodge at which we stayed. We had a world class guide, Calvet Nkomo, who expertly and safely took us through the bush to track a lion pride and observed leopard and two cubs for three days. Calvet's vast knowledge showed us lots of game, the rudiments of tracking, the sad story of "Cecil" the male lion and the great progress made since his death. The camp has excellent food managed by Phinde who unceasingly met every need that we had. You cannot do better than this. Food was good and they met the needs of a member of the group with serious food allergies.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Wow! Amazing to read, thank you for such kind acknowledgement. Calvet is such a brilliant guide and all-round quality human. You should read our Cecil blog on our website, part 2 will be released in the coming days.

We will continue to work to surpass our guest expectations and hope that you will return in the not too distant future. Until then stay well.

Reviewed 7 July 2019

When it comes to Safari Camps,Somalisa has it all!! The wildlife is spectacular, the food fantastic, the guides are experienced and very knowledgeable. It doesn't get much better in the bush that this!! Our guide Dixon was great. The host Ronald was always on top of it. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. We saw lions with cubs that melted our hearts, the elephants are everywhere. Lots of young ones too. Giraffes, zebras, buffalo, all kinds of antelope. This was the fourth African Bush Camp on this trip and they have won me over!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

We have a favourite:) Thank you again Karen for such lovely feedback. What brilliant sightings you had and to spot the cubs... aren't they too cute?

Please do visit us again in the near future. All the best from the African Bush Camps team.

Reviewed 6 July 2019

Absolutely epic. Somalisa Acacia is an incredible place that rivals the best hotels around the world but surpasses every one on quality of service and experience. You will be in one of the most remote settings you can imagine yet want for nothing. The camp manager Phindy was amazing and made sure our stay was flawless on top of just being a friendly and enjoyable person to talk to. Could not have had a better time.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Evan, this is amazing to read! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, our team will be thrilled to receive it.

We will continue to stay epic and we hope you will join us once more. Until then stay well.