Elephant's Eye, Hwange
US$107
US$98
The N1 Hotel Harare(Harare)(Great Value!)
US$69
Bronte Hotel(Harare)
US$179
US$168
US$100
All reviewseco lodgeoutdoor showergame drivesswimming pooljenman safaristented chaletsout door showerspa treatmentslarge bathon stiltssalt lickwatering holenight staylodge managerhot water bottles in the bedherd of elephantswood fire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Elephant eye is tucked away on a private conservancy located adjacent to the world famous Hwange National Park, access to the Park would be through Main camp approximately 20 minutes drive away through game rich terrain. I believe there is a new gate opening specifically for those camps located outside of the park which will make access even easier. The camp overlooks a waterhole that must teem with wildlife during the dry season, we visited during the rains and a residential herd of impala was always in view. The rooms are spectacular, a great mix of modern and old, set a reasonable distance apart, each room is on elevated stilts and overlooks the water hole. The beds were very comfortable, ablutions first class, especially the outdoor shower! We only had dinner and breakfast but both meals were excellent and of a very high standard. The only very minor complaint was that the safari vehicle was not a traditional 6 or even 9 seater but could sit 12, tough for both the guide and clients in the back. The guide was very knowledgeable about the area. The camp has a great social impact program and has an outstanding Green track record. We would rate this the finest camp in the Main Camp area, they just need to sort out the safari vehicle.

Room Tip: For those a little afraid of the bush, try and book a room closer to the main lodge.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Stephen

Thank you for sharing your review. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time with us at Elephant's Eye, Hwange.

I am glad you enjoyed the accommodation and layout of the lodge. We wanted to ensure our guests were provided with an exclusive African experience, allowing them to truly enjoy the diverse sights and sounds around them. I am pleased you enjoyed the outdoor shower! It has become a favourite amongst our guests. Thank you for the recognition of Chef Moffat and his team, they certainly do an excellent job in serving delicious meals! I will be sure to pass your compliments on.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the safari vehicle and will be reviewed by the team. I am pleased our guide was able to share his knowledge and experience of African bush and wildlife with you.

Please do come visit us again, so we can share more of Hwange and its beautiful surroundings with you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely time at the lodge recently and, although the Bush was very green and most of the big game was hiding, our guide Shepard did a brilliant job showing and telling us about some of the hidden safari gems!
On our early morning walking Safari we tracked a herd of zebra to get up close which was brilliant. We also watched an elephant walk straight past us without knowing we were there, drank from the pan and carried on. Something we couldn’t have done from the vehicle.

Chef Moffat and his team did an amazing job on our menu during our stay and I am already missing his homemade biscuits!

Despite the little game sightings we had, our stay was not without excitement and on our last day we had a snake in camp which the camp manager Milton and his lodge team calmly relocated back to the bush far away from the lodge without hurting it or anyone else.
Well done team :)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Erica

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us at Elephant's Eye. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful time with us.

I am glad Shephard was able to share the experience of a walking safari with you. There is no better way to really experience the African wildlife and bush. The excitement among the group when the elephant came past you must have been electric! I couldn't agree more about Chef Moffat and his team. Each meal is created with passion, which is shown in the presentation and delicious taste. Thank you for your recognition Shepard, Chef Moffatt and the rest of the staff. We are fortunate to have such an enthusiastic and welcoming team! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to them.

We hope to welcome you back to Elephant's Eye in the near future, so we can enjoy a cup of tea & Chef Moffat's biscuit after a morning game drive.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is wonderful, quite secluded, and only a few chalets so feels like a very remote individual experience. The services and food were excellent. We had dinner outside and the elephants came so close to where we were sitting but remained so peaceful all around us, it was an incredible thing for us to be there in that moment. We did two game drives, and our guide was also very knowledgeable about the area wildlife and history. The staff here are also really friendly - no complaints!

Room Tip: We saw no difference between the rooms, I think they upgraded some furnishings as things looked quite new
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jeanette

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us at Elephant's Eye, Hwange and you felt well looked after.

I am thrilled you got to experience the elephants around camp. These gentle giants have become particularly fond of the pool to quench there thirst thereby offering much entertainment, awe and thrill to those watching. I am glad you enjoyed the game drives and our guide was able to share the knowledge and experience of the African bush.

Thank you for the recognition of the staff at the lodge. I couldn't agree more with you about the food! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team.

We hope to welcome you back to Elephant's Eye in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our stay at Elephant's Eye was amazing! It was a very 5-star resort and the service was fantastic.
From the moment we arrived for our stay, we were treated incredibly well by the staff. The lodge itself was beautiful and did a great job of balancing the feeling of being in the wilderness with 5-star luxury.

The rooms themselves were gorgeous and had everything you could ever need, including a gorgeous bathtub looking out on the watering hole, where we watched as elephants walked by.

The staff were very knowledgeable (particulary the GM who sat down with us each evening at the campfire and talked to us about his experiences as a guide) and friendly. We were attended to on all levels, and they even surprised us with a bottle of champagne & bubble bath w petals in our room for our Honeymoon! They also surprised us with a romantic dinner overlooking the camp one night. Blessed & the staff went above-and-beyond for us, and even treated us to an evening game drive where we were able to track Wild African Painted Dogs and watched as they fed on an antelope. It was an amazing experience.

The food itself was delicious, and some of the best we had ever had. The Chef was amazing and came out to speak with us for every dinner, which was very nice.

We would HIGHLY recommend Elephant's Eye for both the resort itself, as well as the game drives.

We loved our time and will definitely be back :)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Jennifer

Thank for sharing your review. I am so pleased that you had a happy and enjoyable stay with us at Elephant's Eye and furthermore chose us as the place to celebrate your honeymoon.

I am glad you enjoyed the lodge, the chalets and its surroundings. We wanted to create a space where guests could come and fully immerse themselves in the African bush while enjoying real comfort and splendour. It is wonderful to know you felted welcomed so well looked after by the staff. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful and passionate group of people managing and running the lodge. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Milton and his team.

I am thrilled you had the unique opportunity of seeing a pack of African Wild Dog with a recent kill. These remarkable animals are a privilege to witness with so much to be learnt about their social culture and mentality. It is also wonderful you had the opportunity to experience the elephants around the lodge. To be able to watch them in such close proximity is a very humbling experience and one we are always excited to share with guests.

Please do come visit us again!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I was fortunate enough to visit this amazing country again and stay at the best Lodge in the area. There have been some changes. All great. The water pan in front of the rooms have expanded a LOT and as a result you have animals visiting the pan all day and night. The large - and I mean 100 plus herd of elephants that joined us at dinner was just out of this world. There is a new General Manger - thanks Milton for your warm welcome and individual attention. Looks like service will continue to wow. The Lodge is on it's own concession, when we heard there were Wild Dogs close by we were able to jump in the vehicle even though it was late (you only allowed to drive around in the park during certain hours). During all my travels I a have never seen anything like it. A pack of 7 dogs who had just killed an Mpala. Feasting on their dinner. What a privilege to be on a private concession where you can come and go as you like. I cannot image it can get any better, but each time it has been better. Hope to be wowed again as I will definately return.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Sue M

Thank you for sharing your review. I am blown away! It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and go to experience the incredibly rare sighting of a pack of African Wild Dog.

I am also thrilled the elephants visited the lodge during your stay. To be able to witness these majestic giants in such close proximity is a unique aspect of the lodge, one I am glad we could share with you. We are excited to have Milton a part of the team and lovely to receive such a warm appraisal. His knowledge, experience, and charismatic personality are sure to bring a new dimension to the lodge. I will be sure to pass on your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the lodge in the near future.