Elephant's Eye, Hwange
US$107
US$98
Average 3/5
The N1 Hotel Harare(Harare)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$168
Great 4.5/5
US$100
Good 3.5/5
All reviewseco lodgeoutdoor showergame drivesswimming pooljenman safaristented chaletsout door showerspa treatmentslarge bathon stiltssalt lickwatering holenight staylodge managerhot water bottles in the bedherd of elephantswood fire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is wonderful, quite secluded, and only a few chalets so feels like a very remote individual experience. The services and food were excellent. We had dinner outside and the elephants came so close to where we were sitting but remained so peaceful all around us, it was an incredible thing for us to be there in that moment. We did two game drives, and our guide was also very knowledgeable about the area wildlife and history. The staff here are also really friendly - no complaints!

Room Tip: We saw no difference between the rooms, I think they upgraded some furnishings as things looked quite new
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jeanette

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us at Elephant's Eye, Hwange and you felt well looked after.

I am thrilled you got to experience the elephants around camp. These gentle giants have become particularly fond of the pool to quench there thirst thereby offering much entertainment, awe and thrill to those watching. I am glad you enjoyed the game drives and our guide was able to share the knowledge and experience of the African bush.

Thank you for the recognition of the staff at the lodge. I couldn't agree more with you about the food! I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team.

We hope to welcome you back to Elephant's Eye in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our stay at Elephant's Eye was amazing! It was a very 5-star resort and the service was fantastic.
From the moment we arrived for our stay, we were treated incredibly well by the staff. The lodge itself was beautiful and did a great job of balancing the feeling of being in the wilderness with 5-star luxury.

The rooms themselves were gorgeous and had everything you could ever need, including a gorgeous bathtub looking out on the watering hole, where we watched as elephants walked by.

The staff were very knowledgeable (particulary the GM who sat down with us each evening at the campfire and talked to us about his experiences as a guide) and friendly. We were attended to on all levels, and they even surprised us with a bottle of champagne & bubble bath w petals in our room for our Honeymoon! They also surprised us with a romantic dinner overlooking the camp one night. Blessed & the staff went above-and-beyond for us, and even treated us to an evening game drive where we were able to track Wild African Painted Dogs and watched as they fed on an antelope. It was an amazing experience.

The food itself was delicious, and some of the best we had ever had. The Chef was amazing and came out to speak with us for every dinner, which was very nice.

We would HIGHLY recommend Elephant's Eye for both the resort itself, as well as the game drives.

We loved our time and will definitely be back :)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Jennifer

Thank for sharing your review. I am so pleased that you had a happy and enjoyable stay with us at Elephant's Eye and furthermore chose us as the place to celebrate your honeymoon.

I am glad you enjoyed the lodge, the chalets and its surroundings. We wanted to create a space where guests could come and fully immerse themselves in the African bush while enjoying real comfort and splendour. It is wonderful to know you felted welcomed so well looked after by the staff. We are so fortunate to have such a wonderful and passionate group of people managing and running the lodge. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Milton and his team.

I am thrilled you had the unique opportunity of seeing a pack of African Wild Dog with a recent kill. These remarkable animals are a privilege to witness with so much to be learnt about their social culture and mentality. It is also wonderful you had the opportunity to experience the elephants around the lodge. To be able to watch them in such close proximity is a very humbling experience and one we are always excited to share with guests.

Please do come visit us again!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I was fortunate enough to visit this amazing country again and stay at the best Lodge in the area. There have been some changes. All great. The water pan in front of the rooms have expanded a LOT and as a result you have animals visiting the pan all day and night. The large - and I mean 100 plus herd of elephants that joined us at dinner was just out of this world. There is a new General Manger - thanks Milton for your warm welcome and individual attention. Looks like service will continue to wow. The Lodge is on it's own concession, when we heard there were Wild Dogs close by we were able to jump in the vehicle even though it was late (you only allowed to drive around in the park during certain hours). During all my travels I a have never seen anything like it. A pack of 7 dogs who had just killed an Mpala. Feasting on their dinner. What a privilege to be on a private concession where you can come and go as you like. I cannot image it can get any better, but each time it has been better. Hope to be wowed again as I will definately return.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Sue M

Thank you for sharing your review. I am blown away! It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and go to experience the incredibly rare sighting of a pack of African Wild Dog.

I am also thrilled the elephants visited the lodge during your stay. To be able to witness these majestic giants in such close proximity is a unique aspect of the lodge, one I am glad we could share with you. We are excited to have Milton a part of the team and lovely to receive such a warm appraisal. His knowledge, experience, and charismatic personality are sure to bring a new dimension to the lodge. I will be sure to pass on your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the lodge in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I only stayed at Elephant's Eye for a night but that was enough to see what a great property it is. The rooms are beautiful and the staff is friendly and professional. The few meals I had there were excellent.

Milton is such a wonderful lodge manager who knows how to make his guests feel at home. Despite his busy schedule, he always makes time to sit with guests, hear their views and share his experiences in the industry.

Well done Milton and team!

Room Tip: Rooms further from reception have more privacy. From the first room's balcony you can be seen from the pool side and gardens.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Hi Lungilendl

Thank you for your review and I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed the chalets and lodge. We wanted to create a place that offered guests uninterrupted panoramic views of the waterhole and the surrounding African bush while being almost completely blended into the natural environment. I am thrilled you enjoyed the meals prepared by Chef Moffat and his team, and the lodge staff were welcoming and accommodating. Thank you for your mention of Milton.I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team.

Please do come visit us again, hopefully for longer time, so we can share more of this incredible place with you.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Elephant's eye , a little paradise in Hwange, I and my wife we had a great time ever at this little paradise. Upon arrival received a warm welcome by the staff and the lodge manger, served with ice cold fresh welcome drink , which was magical since it was a hot day.

We were ushered to our room by the staff and I was overwhelmed, what a room, was sparkling clean with a king sized bed, it was so specious. I and my wife we felt like a real king and a queen.

Food was just great, mouth watering, menu was presented by the Chef of the house every time we had a meal, this made us feel at home away from home.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Mhofu

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to know your wife and you felt right at home.

I am pleased you enjoyed the chalets. Each aspect of the chalets was designed to ensure our guests were provided with the best comfort to allow for you to ease into true relaxation while enjoying the beautiful views overlooking the waterhole.

I appreciate your mention of our staff. It is always wonderful to hear back from guests that they were made to feel tuely welcomed and attended to throughout their stay. I am glad you enjoyed the meals prepared by Chef Moffat and his team. After a long day out on a game drive, there is nothing better than to endulge in a delicious meal. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team.

Please do come visit us again at Elephant's Eye, Hwange.