All reviews eco lodge outdoor shower swimming pool game drives jenman safaris tented chalets lodge manager on stilts fantastic lodge salt lick watering hole fantastic stay welcome drink wood fire his team close to nature herd of elephants
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Lovely staff, beautiful meals, outstanding accommodation. Can't recommend this place highly enough. The elephants drinking out of the swimming pool each night was amazing, as was showering in the outdoor shower while watching them around the watering hole.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Hi 48lyndac

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay at Elephant’s Eye.

I am so glad to hear that the staff, the food and the accommodation were to your liking. I am especially happy that you enjoyed the elephants drinking from the pool and the ‘game viewing’ from the outside shower. It is truly one of the things that make Elephant’s Eye such a magical place.

I hope you will visit us again in the near future. Please feel free to stay in contact via our social media pages.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

This is the most unique place I have ever been. It is like being in a movie. The staff are wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable, the food is very good, the accommodations are very comfortable but the elephants, oh, the elephants are truly amazing. The outdoor shower has the best view ever. I cannot imagine anyone not loving this place.

Hi 70jer

Wow – thank you for such a stellar review. I am so happy to know that you had a wonderful time!

Thank you for recognizing the efforts of the staff. We are truly blessed to have such a passionate team operating the lodge.

It is wonderful that you got to see the elephants. Their visits to the lodge have increased dramatically during the course of this year much to the delight of both the staff and guests. This has definitely become one of the highlights of staying at the lodge.

Once again, thank you for the kind words. We hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

Elephant's Eye was an excellent experience. They have very nice and friendly people working there. Their lodging is luxurious and comfortable. The location is ideal for visiting the wildlife in and around Hwang Park.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Hi Jeffery

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time!

I am so glad to hear that the chalets and lodge were to your liking, that the staff were accommodating, and that you had great game viewing.

I hope you will visit us again in the future. Please feel free to stay in contact via our social media pages.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

We spent three nights in this wonderful camp located just outside Hwange National Park. The 'chalet' on stilts was spacious and lived up to its luxurious description. There was a huge bath and an outside shower visible only to the elephants etc at the waterhole. Elephants Eye definitely deserves its name - literally hundreds of elephants visit the waterhole and camp. Many of the elephants also use the swimming pool to drink from. It's very special sitting at the boma watching them. Blessed, the manager, and all his staff provide an excellent service. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, paticularly Martin and Shepherd, two of the guides. We spent one full day in the national park, which can only be described as epic! Blessed, Martin and Shepherd will understand! A special thank you to the girls who arranged a lovely hot bubble bath for us. Peter and Judith

Sent from my iPad

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garland2015
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Hi Garland2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay at Elephant’s Eye, Hwange. I am happy to know that you had such a wonderful time and that the team took such great care of you.

I am glad that the chalet was too your liking and that you got to see the elephants who frequent the lodge at sunset. Seeing that many elephants in such close proximity is, in my opinion, one of the things that make Elephant's Eye such a special place.

Thank you for recognizing the efforts of your guides, Martin and Shepard. I am so happy to hear that your game drives in Hwange National Park can only be described as ‘epic’!

I hope you will visit us again in the near future. Please feel free to stay in contact on our social media pages.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

It was an exceptional lodge in the perfect setting with wonderful staff and management. The accommodation was outstanding and being vegetarian they went out of their way to provide sensational meals. I loved how they are also putting educational programs into place for the local public school. I just loved every minute of my 2 night stay and just wish it could have been longer. Everything was of the highest standard and I would return in a heartbeat.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Hi Jeanette

Thank for sharing your review regarding your recent stay at Elephant’s Eye, Hwange. I am so thrilled that you had a wonderful time.

I am so happy to know that the staff, the rooms and that the food was to your liking.

Thank for recognizing our ongoing efforts to support Dingani Primary School. The entire team is exceptionally passionate about all we have done, and are planning to do for them.

We hope you will visit us again in the near future. Please feel free to stay in touch on our social media pages.