Elephant's Eye, Hwange
US$107
US$73
Agoda.com
The N1 Hotel Harare(Harare)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$92
US$100
US$115
US$108
All reviewseco lodgeoutdoor showergame drivesswimming pooljenman safaristented chaletsout door showerspa treatmentslarge bathon stiltssalt lickwatering holenight staylodge managerhot water bottles in the bedherd of elephantswood fire
Reviewed 21 September 2016

We spent 3 nights in Elephants Eye in late August 2016 and I cannot speak highly enough of the experience, the accommodation or the staff.

On arrival and after a 2.5 hour transfer from Victoria Falls airport, we were warmly welcomed (with a mocktail!) by the staff, including Shepherd who was to become our guide for the two safari days we had.

The "tents" were incredible and extremely well equipped and spacious. Our tent (#1) had a huge four poster bed, 2 sitting areas inside and outside on the large veranda, tea and coffee making facilities, a fireplace (we were surprised about this too but it did get very cold in the evenings and early mornings), a large bathroom with two sinks and a bathtub. Also, the whole front of the tent in the bedroom and bathroom opened up completely to overlook the private reserve and two watering holes out the front of the camp. It was a "tent" (on stilts) but not as we know it!

Breakfast was beautifully presented and very filling with a large range of options. Dinner was fantastic and the chef (Norma) came out each evening to tell us what we would be having for starter, main course and dessert. She was wonderfully sweet and a a superb cook! The food was fantastic.

Our two days on Safari were out of this world. Hwange National Park was a short 20 minute drive away. Shepherd looked after us fantastically well and was a terrific guide and well educated, telling us tonnes about the animals and the park itself. We saw a pride of Lions (both days), a cheetah, giraffes, loads of herds of elephants, zebra, wilderbeast, buffalo, kudu, vultures, warthogs, hippo's, waterbuck, sable, etc etc! We were out for two full days from around 6:30 am until 4:30 pm - sounds like a long day but it honestly flew by and lunch and drinks were laid on by Elephants Eye within one of the many small campsites fenced off within Hwange.

The park was really quiet - we were there on a Sunday and a Monday and both days, particularly the Monday we hardly saw any other vehicles.

The staff were all unbelievably friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We were celebrating an anniversary and they went out of their way to look after us, even surprising us by taking us out to their private platform about 5 km from the campsite for our last sunset. This was a lovely surprise and we honestly felt like we were in the middle of nowhere.

I cannot speak highly enough of Zimbabwe (we were there for 5 days in total). The people generally were so friendly and great hosts and value for money far exceeded other safari options in Tanzania and Kenya. We would go back in a heartbeat.

We would absolutely recommend Elephants Eye - our three days there were truly memorable.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Hi Jpw222

Thank for your sharing such a detailed and positive review regarding your recent stay at Elephant’s Eye. I am thrilled that we could make your anniversary such a special experience. I hope you made many memories that you will cherish for years to come.

Thank for recognizing the efforts of the staff, in particular Shepard and Norma. We are blessed to have such a passionate team operating the lodge. I will definitely share your review with them.

I am so glad that you loved the rooms. A lot of effort has been put into making them as functional and glamorous as possible. It is always appreciated when guests acknowledge the little things that have been done to improve the quality of their overall stay.

I am especially happy that you had such wonderful animal sightings in Hwange National Park.

I hope you will visit us again in the near future. Please feel free to stay in touch on our social media pages.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

A truely wonderful visit. Wished we could have stayed longer.A new facility with excellent accommodation and service . Staff were welcoming and very helpful .Food quality was great given the isolation of the establishment .

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Hi 902geoffg

Thank you for the fantastic review. I am so pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable.

I am glad that the facilities and accommodation were to your liking and that the staff were welcoming and helpful hosts.

I hope you will visit us again in the near future, hopefully this time, for a longer stay.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

A truly wonderful relaxing place to visit. Animals a plenty, a great experience. Great swimming pool and lovely food. Loved the Fabric Book and story, you should have pieces for sale there, I would have bought some.

Hi H6130FEsaraa

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

I am so happy to know that you loved the amenities, the food, and that you had such wonderful animal sightings!

Thanks for the compliment regarding the fabric book. We will most definitely look into stocking this at the lodge shop.

I hope you will visit our little slice of paradise again in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Beautiful lodge with excellent wildlife viewing at the waterholes and the nearby Hwange National Park. It is a hidden gem, tucked away, peaceful and with very attractive accommodation, all with views of the waterholes. The staff are unfailingly attentive and it seemed that they felt it a pleasure to be of help.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JenmanSafaris, Owner at Elephant's Eye, Hwange, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Hi Sheila

Thank you for taking time to share the experience of your recent stay at Elephant’s Eye. I hope you made many life-lasting memories that you cherish for years to come.

I am especially happy that you enjoyed the rooms and that you had such amazing wildlife sightings.

Thank you for recognizing the efforts of the staff –we are truly lucky to have such a passionate team operating the lodge. I will definitely pass on your compliments.

I hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Much better than expectet and food as well as service is an absolutely amazing experience.
We stayed there for three days and saw every night the elephants and zebras came quite close to the lodge. One of the evenings drinking elephants water from the swimmingpool.

Hi FrankhZ8338WU

Thank for such a fantastic review. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at Elephant’s Eye.

I am glad that the food and service was to your liking. We have an amazing team operating the lodge whose passion for what they do seems to know no bounds.

It is great that you had such wonderful elephant sightings. It is, in my opinion, one of the things that make Elephant’s Eye such a special place.

I hope you will visit us again in the future.