“nothing exceptional, just a nice place to eat”

Seventh Street Cafe
Ranked #23 of 135 Restaurants in Garden City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

nothing exceptional, just a good place to eat, service was a bit slow, prices a bit high, food was okay, (though the veal was chewy and not tasteful)

Reviewed 20 January 2018

I was concerned about going into Garden City since I'm not familiar with the area at all, but was pleasantly surprised at how lovely the 7th Street area is, plus the fact that there is parking right behind Seventh Street Café. We were there for my now daughter-in-law's bridal shower. We had an area in the front of the restaurant which gave the feeling of a private room. Staff were very attentive, the appetizers, salads, and main course were very well done. Portion sizes were plentiful but not excessive. No one in our party of about 25 was disappointed.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We decided to do an early dinner on New Year's Eve and get home before the roads got crowded. Our reservation was for 5 pm. When we arrived our table was waiting. We thought the restaurant would be empty but it was just right. Most of the tables were filled but not overly crowded. The waiters were great and gave us special attention. Our table was located near the front window and we had a lovely view of Garden City walking by. The dinner menu is quite large with lots of excellent choices. We both settled for salads and veal dishes. I had a garden salad and my boyfriend had the caesar salad. My veal dish came with linguine. It was fixed excellent, not to spicy or rich. The meat was nice and tender. My boyfriend opted for mashed potato and vegetable and said it was also good. We were full so ordered coffee, no dessert. Such a shame as I know the Seventh Street Cafe has some yummy choices. But alas maybe next time. We were lucky to get parking right behind the restaurant so didn't have far to walk afterwards. The Garden City restrictions end after 6 pm and so no need to worry on that count. Would we spend New Year's Eve at the Cafe again? Absolutely, not a doubt. Hope to visit there again before next year though. It's one of my favorite local eating places.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The Seventh Street Café is one of the best restaurants in Garden City, maybe even Long Island. Upon entering you start experiencing a warm and cozy feeling. The tables are far enough apart that you can enjoy the company of your dining companions. The place settings are elegant and attractive. The service is good. I've never felt rushed there. The menu offers a wide range of appetizers, salads, entrees, deserts etc. The cuisine is mostly Northern Italian with some Southern added for variety and flavor. We recently ate here for Friday evening dinner. We started with a drink while chatting and looking at the menu. The waiter gave us plenty of time to decide and was more than willing to answer our questions, if we had any. I ordered the penne alla vodka which was rich and extremely well prepared. To start I had a garden salad with a light and tasty dressing. The meal was filling so I opted for coffee only but the deserts looked scrumptious and I wish there had been room for something. This is one restaurant you don't want to miss.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

It was a lazy day. Just the two of us and I decided to go local and try this restaurant. Passed by a trillion times. Saturday night parked right in front although I there is sufficient parking in the lot behind. My honey simply wanted a salad for dinner. Nice selection of salads. Nice menu offering appetizers and varied entrees. I had a Cesar salad and spaghetti and meatballs. Cappuccino for the my sweetheart and coffee for myself. We strolled down the street window shopping.

No complaints. The service was very good. The waiter was pleasant and helpful and our table was near others but not a problem at all. So much for going native! Good spot for an Italian meal. We usually dine at another restaurant around the corner. Enjoy.

1  Thank Mitchell F