“My Hometown Place for Breakfast....”

Irene's Eldred Diner
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Eldred
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I can't believe I haven't put a review for Irene's Eldred Diner. I live in the area and was a little frustrated with a review 2 years ago when a poster gave it 3 stars and said it was good and enjoyed it. Why not a better rating. Be fair. Trip Advisor can be very tricky, star ratings can be off. But on my end very good diner for a great breakfast and lunch. Food is tasty and excellent. And I have to give a thumbs up to the service always top notch.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I really like Irene's Eldred Diner even though I only eat their 2 times a year when visiting local friends. We usually have around 10 people when we go there for Saturday brunch. They always find a way to accommodate our large group and never get flustered by our very large orders.

You would think that with such a large group mistakes would be made with the order, I have to say never once did they get our order wrong.

They know how to properly cook eggs and I've never received a burned omelette. They make their own kielbasa at Irene's and I never pass it up. All my friends like their home-fries very well done so when Irene see's us enter she has the cook start burning the potatoes. Coffee is really good and the cup is always kept filled.

If you find yourself in Eldred, NY stop into Irene's Diner and have breakfast. They'll be happy to serve it no matter what time you get there.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

We eat there at least once when we are in town ( at least once a month) and are never disappointed! Great coffee and lots of choices on the breakfast menu. Always a smile waiting for the customers!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Redbarn1998
Reviewed 12 July 2015

You know when your hungry and you see a diner and you say hey lets try it.
Well this one was great....the parking lot was full and that's a good sign. The food was good home style, the prices were reasonable and the service was quick. Glad we tried it friendly place . specials were good.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 16 September 2014

Found this place while driving around looking for a place to eat during a trip to the Poconos with my daughter, her 2 daughters and 2 of their friends. Good place for breakfast - fairly large portions, good food, something on the menu that everyone liked (not that easy with 4 pre-teens!), reasonable prices. What more could you ask for from a place you know nothing about?

Date of visit: August 2014