“Amazing!”

The Eldred Preserve
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Eldred
Cuisines: American
Description: The Eldred Preserve is a wholly unique hospitality offering that weaves together the very best of three Sullivan County legacy brands – The Eldred Preserve, The Bradstan Country Hotel, and The Old Homestead Restaurant. Eldred Preserve Weddings + Events offers flexible indoor and outdoor spaces that are ideal for a variety of events, from theater to formal dinner service, with a dance floor and performance stage available. The Bradstan Boutique Hotel offers 28 luxury accommodations that are resplendently decorated, and carefully furnished to an incredibly high standard. Contemporary comforts and facilities co-exist seamlessly with the natural beauty. The Old Homestead Restaurant + Lounge is a modern steakhouse offering upscale farm-to-table fare. The restaurant features several unique experiential spaces, including a mezzanine-level bar + wine-tasting room, a private dining room, a sunroom dining area, and outdoor terraces that are ideal for dining al fresco.
Reviewed 4 July 2021

Spending July 4th Weekend at the New Bradstan Inn at The Eldridge Preserve. It is fabulous. Magnificent Hotel, Fresh Country Air, Boating on the Lake and Chocolate Cream Pie at the “New” Old Homestead Restaurant. Run, do not walk. Eddie and Scott are amazing Hosts, Ervin and the entire staff are all wonderful

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed 25 June 2021

This is an amazing property - the architecture, the rooms, the decor: all fantastic. And the food was out of this world. I look forward to returning often. The only thing that would make this resort better would be a golf course. ; )

1  Thank williamsV578JJ
Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

I must start by saying that I was a frequent guest for many years at the old preserve. The area is beautiful, peaceful and full of wildlife. I was somewhat devastated when the old buildings were demolished but I had something to look forward to
Now the new. The Eldred Preserve is incredible. The designer paid great attention to detail. The property is gorgeous, landscaping, while still in progress is beautiful. The paths and lined with pavers and are well lit. The are a few outdoor fire pits (not running at this time), some outdoor stuff is still work in progress, but there was no inconvenience. Pool will not be open until August, but I was aware of these things when I booked. After breakfast we took a hike around Sunrise lake, it’s a wide flat trail that is very easy to navigate with the exception of two small Brooks that are easily crossed. We bought a small cooler on the hike and stopped for refreshments and snacks. About 2 hours total taking out time.
Room darkening shades, very comfortable bed and a beautiful room with a great working shower.  My wife and I, had a drink with Eric at the bar before we went downstairs for a really great meal. We ordered off the farm to table menu. I had an outstanding shaved beet salad and a breaded veal chop, top shelf. My wife had a New York steak and loved it. Top shelf all the way. Pastries are baked on premises for the French continental breakfast, which was more than adequate. The employees were very friendly helpful and informative. We can’t wait to return. Thank You all!

1  Thank keywestsunsetrocks
Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

One of the most beautiful areas in the lower Catskills. Our group of 12 went for dinner in the late afternoon and was extremely pleasantly surprised by the scenic beauty, interior dinning arrangements and mostly with the outside dinning facilities. Beautiful wooded vistas with water views. The service was impeccable, the staff excellent and the food, provided by the former Old Homestead SteaKhouse with the chef from the former John’s Harvest Inn was, to say the least, perfect. If you are in the area, it’s a must.

John konefal

Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

The whole property is amazing. The architecture left me breathless from the stonework down to the knobs on the furniture. I especially enjoyed the heated floor in the spacious bathroom. I also sat at the bar for a drink and was blown away by the bar. The service was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed my steak dinner in the dining room. The staff made me feel like I was with family. Scott, Eddie. Paul and Alice know their stuff. My server was Anna and she excelled as a server. I will go back as often as I can. I have stayed at the Four Seasons in multiple locations and this jewel in the Catskills is on par with four star locations.

Date of visit: May 2021