“Excellent Greek Food”

Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant in East Marion, NY serves authentic Greek cuisine and a great selection of local wine, local harvest and local seafood on the North Fork of Long Island. The portions are plentiful and great for all occasions! We offer year round indoor dining and either full outdoor dining or covered outdoor dining in our enclosed pavilion. It is heated and available year round for catering. We also cater off-premise in your home, on the waterfront or at your favorite winery.
Reviewed 10 August 2018

My family and I enjoy authentic Greek food.We have dined here multiple times and have always enjoyed the well prepared food.My favorites include the stuffed tomatoes and pepper,Greek salad and Gyros.Food is excellent.Prices are typical for Greenport area.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 27 July 2018

My husband loved the lamb and green beans and says his rice pudding was the best he's ever had. I enjoyed spanikopita, hummus, and cheese pies, as well as egg/lemon soup. YUM

Reviewed 25 July 2018

The restaurant was recommended by a reliable source who hadn't been in a while. I can only assume something has changed since they last went, because my entire group of 8 people disliked the food. The service was good, but the food was poor. Dry pork and chicken, and rice that seemed like instant rice from a box. The food lacked nuance, and was poorly executed.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

2 families with young girls had an amazing Sunday breakfast. All of the food was delicious. Many of the items are from local farms and they have a large organic selection. The staff was incredible and very friendly. The restaurant has a cool interior and some really nice outdoor and covered seating. We would like to go back when the weather cooperates and try them for dinner! This place is a must stop for great food! We had chocolate chip pancakes, the farmer breakfast, spinach and feta omelette, Wagyu beef hash, all of which was great. The presentation was beautiful and the portions are quite generous.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

While visiting the nearby Lavender by the Bay, we stopped at the Hellenic for lunch. We sat outside on a gorgeous July afternoon. Hubby had gyro, kids had burgers and "pork on a stick", I had the skordalia. This was not the same 'ol skordalia like at other greek spots, this skordalia was served on a toasted pita, topped with grilled eggplant and zucchini then skordalia on top and it was delicious. Even though an appetizer, I enjoyed it for lunch. Service was a little slow but, we were enjoying our day so it didnt matter.