“Very Good Food, but the service......”

Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant in East Marion, NY serves authentic Greek cuisine and a great selection of local wine, local harvest and local seafood on the North Fork of Long Island. The portions are plentiful and great for all occasions! We offer year round indoor dining and either full outdoor dining or covered outdoor dining in our enclosed pavilion. It is heated and available year round for catering. We also cater off-premise in your home, on the waterfront or at your favorite winery.
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I went there today with 5 adult family members. We had a large Greek salad and 7 or 8 appetizers for lunch.
Spanakopita (spinach pie) was among the best we ever had. Haloumi cheese, string beans, beets, cauliflower, and other appetizers were all very very good.
Sitting outside under the awning was wonderful.
What was awful was our server. After she brought our food we never saw her again. We finished our lunch and we're never able to ask for a second glass of wine or refill of our water and ice tea. She removed the plates eventually. We asked for dessert menus and never got them. We were able to flag another server to bring them and also had to ask another server for the check. We took the check ourselves to the cashier. Hopefully this was an isolated server or summer help.

Date of visit: July 2017
HellenicII, Owner at Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Hi George,

Thank you for your review. Honestly, I would not have been as generous as you were with the stars. I appreciate your kind spirit. If you have read other reviews for my restaurant, you would have seen that the compliments on service are stellar. I am going to do everything in my power to earn that extra star, but I need your help. Could you please privately message me so that I can approach the server and make sure that this remains an isolated incident? I am so thankful that you enjoyed the food. Please ask for me in person when you return.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

This is a beautiful area of the north fork. Stopped here for lunch.
Pretty outdoor patio. Our nice waiter moved a table outside for
us. Food is fresh and delicious. Large portions. Look forward
to eating here again.

Date of visit: June 2017
HellenicII, Owner at Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Hi Sheajanet996,

I am so glad you stopped by! I look forward to your return. Thank you for the kind review. My staff and I look forward to doing all that we can to earn that extra star.

George Giannaris,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Waited over an hour for our food. I understand it takes time to prep the food, but seeing as there were only half the tables filled, you'd think their service would be faster. By the time the food came, we were full from drinking water. The food we've ordered were a bit on the salty side but it wasn't that bad, but definitely not worth the hour wait.

Date of visit: July 2017
HellenicII, Manager at Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Hi Vincent,

As I explained to you on your other negative online reviews, we were busier than you suspected, being that it was Fourth of July Weekend our second busiest weekend of the year; I apologize for the wait time; however, you made no effort to contact a manager so that I could immediately remedy your situation. I cannot fix what I am unaware of.

George Giannaris,

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We have been here many times. During summer, usually every other week.

Food is excellent, sometimes it's busy and you have to wait - it's worth it.

Love the Horotaki salad, Gyro platters. We've tried several appetizers and have not been disappointed.

Keep up the good work!

Date of visit: June 2017
HellenicII, Owner at Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate the 5-star review and I hope we exceed your expectations for many more visits to come!!

Owner Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Covered outdoor dining, indoor option and outdoor uncovered too...traditional Greek specialties a must also basic burgers etc...nice atmosphere, attentive service.

Thank you dmulvaney!

Glad you liked everything. We will do all that we can to earn that extra star!!

Owner Hellenic Snack Bar & Restaurant