“Great pastas”
Review of The Cookery

The Cookery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cookery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Dobbs Ferry
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Maybe it’s because I’ve been a slave to my husbands Atkins diet, but the bone marrow pasta was amazing. We did start with appetizers, and the server talked us into their signature doughnut. We thought it was just ok. The ricotta was great. We also ordered three desserts. Way too much. I thought the stick of butter pie was the best. A large party next to us preordered a roasted pig. Good to know if you have a large party The service was. Dry attentive

1  Thank Lee Ann S

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

The brunch came highly recommended but I was not impressed. The decor was drab and minimalistic. The service was not bad. The gin drink (limited to one per guest) was just okay and not very strong. It was more like a slightly spiked, sugary lemonade.
The entrees lacked flavor, perhaps my taste-buds are biased. My burger was disappointing. The French toast entree was rather tasty, I took a bite from my son. The lamb bolognese was gamey (I tasted it as well) but those who ordered it seemed to have enjoyed their meals. The pasta was a bit underdone. Perhaps, they weren’t honest because I suggested this eatery

My idea of brunch was not met. I will not return, unfortunately.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Our first review of this place was back when it first opened. Thought food was excellent but not taking reservations was a real issue. So they now take reservations but who cares - the food totally missed the mark. The pork osso bucco was a large, meaty portion - but deep fried to the point of being dried out and inedible. The dollop of what tasted like marmalade on top did nothing to help; neither did the tasteless white polenta it sat on. The branzino en croute looked interesting when served but the caviar butter made the whole dish a soggy mess. And really - $13 for 3 little gnudis and a few tiny pieces of fried bologna was an embarrassment. We also resent a 3% surcharge added to our bill to pay the kitchen staff. Change the price of your food or figure out another way to pay your staff fairly. We want neighborhood places to thrive but won’t go back here.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Our appetizers were unique and very good. A couple of starters could easily replace a main course. The service is very attentive and friendly. Main courses are very good and creative.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This place hits it everytime.
Food was excellent, multiple choices for restaurant week not just the ordinary chicken beef and fish. Service was almost better than the food Kaileen was humorous and helpful.
Wish we had one in Bklyn.