“Hoosier Happiness”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Spot o' Gold

View of scenic Bare Hill from Canandaigua Lake.
Panoramic of upstairs loft bedroom. Double bed in loft bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View of scenic Bare Hill from Canandaigua Lake.
Panoramic of upstairs loft bedroom.
Double bed in loft bedroom.
Upstairs bedroom - queen bed.
Half-bath upstairs.
Panoramic of living room from top of stairs.
Panoramic view of living room and stairs.
Panoramic view from living room to entry way.
Panoramic of kitchen looking toward front door.
Kitchen/back hall way to bath and downstairs bedroom at back door.
Downstairs bedroom - two twin beds.
Panoramic of main bath (downstairs).
Newest porch addition! Second hammock up for the season.
Panoramic of wrap-around front porch.
The 'rope chair' for watching humming birds or taking a nap!
View of gardens from front steps.
Side panoramic of front yard.
Panoramic view of house.
Back deck.
12 x 24 back deck as seen from balcony. Creek bed is just beyond at top of photo.
Private fire pit in back yard as seen from balcony.
Shared Beachfront. Your entrance-way to play in the 10,558 acres of  Canandaigua Lake waters!
Private community swimming dock with floating raft beyond.
The boat/fishing dock, swim dock and raft.
Summer sunset in Vine Valley at Newago Cove. A minute's walk from the Spot o' Gold.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

nbilland
Carmel, Indiana
“Hoosier Happiness”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We travelled from Indiana, and stayed at SpotO'Gold for a week in August before our college kids left for the year. This rental was GREAT!!

Our entire family loved our week there. The garden and house were beautiful and we felt right at home.
Each of the three kids found something that they loved. The house has everything that you need -- kayaks, games, movies, and a fire pit we used every night

Our daughter who will be leaving for vet school in the fall LOVED the cats greeting her every morning and sitting with her as she read her book on the porch.
the boys found that they loved chess (who knew) and played every day!!

it was a great family vacation and we loved it!! we'll be back

Travelling group: Teenagers
10 Aug 2016
Hi Nadine!!!!!!! Thank you so much for the "great review". I will hold you to it for a return trip. Anyone who comes back gets an automatic rebate upon arrival! My way of saying Thank You! Please enjoy the rest of your Summer! Blessings, Evie
Lyne_23
Conneautville, Pennsylvania
“A peaceful rest”
Reviewed 8 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Evie was great.Her home is inviting.Everything you need is there. It was an adventure exploring her garden. A Happy Place with a touch of Whimsy.We loved the whole atmosphere. The Ring of Fire was amazing. Thank you Evie for sharing your magical little piece of Heaven.

Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Families with young children
9 Sep 2016
Hi Lyne!
I cannot believe a year has passed and I never responded to your review. It is because of this wonderful review that people continue to visit Vine Valley and the Spot O' Gold. I thought of you and your husband a couple of times this past year. This year the Ring of Fire was, again, spectacular and four young individuals from NYC got to participate during their stay here. They were pretty proud of themselves that they were able to light their own flares. I sincerely hope that you will be able to return in the future! There will always be ice in the freezer! Keeper of the Spot O' Gold, Evie
Kelly T
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Magical!”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The Spot o' Gold was the highlight of our summer! My significant other and his two teenage sons had never spent time in Vine Valley before... they enjoyed it immensely. Close access to the water is perfect, but Spot o' Gold is nicely tucked back from the road, giving you privacy and the feeling that you're in your own little oasis. A two-minute walk to the private beach. The house is appointed with all the essentials, and the character of the grounds and interior is like no other. Evie has clearly invested so much time and effort into making the cottage a one-of-a-kind experience. The fire pit is a great way to wind down the evening after a long day in the sun and water.... There's a small grocery store about 10 minutes away on Route 364, and all the conveniences such as large stores/chains about 20 minutes away in Canandaigua. We made our pit stop at Wegmans on Route 5 & 20 before heading to the cottage so we wouldn't have to leave for days! We also rented stand up paddle boards and had them delivered to the house, but Evie has a kayak and canoe for use as well. Evie is a wonderful hostess, accessible and close by if you need to reach her. We can't wait to go back next summer!

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
13 Aug 2017
Hi Kelly!
I know this is over a year later but I just realized I never responded to your wonderful review. As it was one of my first it certainly launched a powerful and positive vibe for future guests. Thank you very, very much and tell "your men" that I say hello!!! Evie
Amy S
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Enchanted”
Reviewed 28 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My husband and I LOVED being at Spot O' Gold! It captured our hearts and minds the moment we got there. Evie is a wonderful woman and very helpful whenever we had a question, and she got back to us very quickly when we called or e-mailed.

The front porch was my favorite place to be;, peaceful and enchanting. If you are looking for a place that is away from the hustle, Spot O' Gold is where you will find peace and relaxation. Take time to enjoy the gardens or swim in the lake.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
29 Jul 2015
It brings me such joy when my guests "love" my cottage and it's surrounding gardens! Thank you for the beautiful sentiments. Evie
Anna A
New York City, New York
“A Piece of Paradise”
Reviewed 23 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We are incredibly lucky and happy to have discovered the Spot O'Gold! It was just perfect for all the four of us, since each person found something here that they were seeking: the beautiful nature, the air, the lake, the coziness of the house and the overall magical atmosphere of this place. Evie, thank you so much for caring for us so well and making sure we had everything we needed, your attitude and kindness towards your guests couldn't have been better! The only thing we regret now is that we didn't stay longer! However, now we know about the Spot O'Gold, which means that we'll be looking forward to coming back here next time! May God bless you always! Anna & Ihor, Elina & Denis from NYC.....

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
13 Aug 2017
Hello Anna!
I can not believe the time that has passed since your visit and I feel badly that I never acknowledged your review with a response.I do have to say that your bright, positive, and complete review was a "foundation" upon which additional guests have appreciated. I have had several guests tell me they selected the Spot O' Gold based on the reviews that they read. I continue to putter with the gardens ( adding more hosta and crazy finds from garage sales ) but it is such a fun way of life! I do hope that you will be able to return to Vine Valley and the Spot O' Gold again some day. Until then best wishes and blessings! ps has there been a wedding in the family yet???
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$175
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing