5 people are viewing this hotel
CheapTicketsUS$210
eDreamsUS$220
Reviews (1 307)
1 307 results
All reviews bumper boats time share the main dining room golf course bowling alley nightly entertainment bocce ball villa roma resort ping pong breakfast and dinner dirty dancing horseback riding family vacation whole family recommend villa daily activities full kitchen
Selected filters
30 - 35 of 1 307 reviews
Reviewed 28 February 2021

I stayed in the timeshare part of the Villa Roma Resort. I had read many reviews on this property and quite a few were negative. However, I wanted a quiet place to relax for a week and felt I should give it a chance. We arrived on a Sunday around 5:30PM and the first thing I noticed was that the unit needed to be updated. The furnishings were dated and the lighting needed to be improved upon.

My friend and I had decided that we would cook some of our meals but we would also visit the onsite restaurants for some meals. When I opened the refrigerator to pack away our cold stuff, I noticed that it was not very clean. There were bits of food in a tray, the shelves had not been removed to clean visible spills and the vegetable tray was dirty. I cleaned the interior with scrubbing disinfectant wipes. . Inside the freezer, the hinge side was moldy. When I ran the wipes along the bottom of the freezer door some disgusting, moldy stuff came off on the wipes. Anyway, I cleaned everything and packed the refrigerator. My friend took a glass from a cupboard to use and it had lipstick on it. We also found a dirty plate among the other plates.We packed the dishwasher with glasses, cups, dishes and cutlery and washed everything.

I know you are wondering why I did not call the front desk, but blame it on brain freeze and tiredness. I had been driving since 9 AM. and now it was getting late; there were no other resorts that I knew of in the immediate area; I was the only driver and I don't do a lot of night driving; the weather conditions were not great; etc. etc. The bathroom and the bedroom appeared to be clean and I disinfected all surfaces - including sheets, pillows, etc.

I called and complained the next morning and housekeeping manager stopped by. I explained what went wrong and showed her the pictures I had taken. She apologized and said she would have a conversation with the housekeeper. However, she seemed to be more concerned about why I cleaned the mess myself instead of calling for someone to clean it. The fact that the condition existed seemed to be of minor importance. We never heard from her again. I wonder now if I should have called the State Health Department.

In retrospect, I am truly glad I cleaned it myself because I was comfortable knowing that it was cleaned to my standard, because clearly the resort's standards are not what they should be. On Monday and Tuesday we put our garbage; on Wednesday we left the resort for a while and requested cleaning services. Upon our return, the garbage had been emptied, our toiletries in the bathroom were straightened, and additional towels were put in the bathroom. Nothing else in the room was touched. The living room carpet was not swept even though there was visible need for vacuuming; the kitchen floor was not cleaned (it was not all that clean when we checked in).

We were supposed to check out the following Sunday but we left on Friday morning. We did not eat in any of the onsite restaurants nor did we participate in any of the activiites. I personally did not trust anything about the resort after seeing how the unit was kept.

It was not my timeshare, but I did complain to my adopted son who procured it for me and he called the timeshare company. He informed me that the manager of the property would be calling but up until we left we did not hear from anyone. I fully understand that Villa Roma is an old property so I did not expect some of the amenities found at newer properties. However, there is a minimum standard of cleanliness that a guest should expect and Villa Roma failed the cleanliness test magnificently.

Some things that worked well:
- The beds were firm and appeared to be clean. I found a lighter at the foot of one of the beds so I don't know how well the room was swept/vacuumed.
- Three of the maintenance people we encountered were very nice and helpful. One day my car could not get up the hill to Building 1 where we were staying due to a significant amount of snow on the ground. An employee had just salted the hill but the car still would not climb the hill, Upon request, he ploughed the hill and the car made it up. Another employee followed us up the hill to see if we needed any other assistance.
- The morning we were leaving, a maintenance guy cleared enough snow from the parking lot so I could get my car out. He also assisted with our luggage.

Having worked in various capacities in the hospitality industry, I know the things to look for when I stay at a hote, so I am likely more aware of things than the average traveler. With the existence of Covid-19, there is no excuse why a property would not be more vigilant with the upkeep. I worried about the folks who stayed in that room prior to us and who stored food in a refrigerator that had mold, and I mean black mold - something that had to be there for a significant amount of time.

My advice to any traveler who wants stay at Villa Roma, if you stay in a unit in building 1, please pull the refrigerator a little away from the wall so you can open both doors fully. Don't only examine the areas that you can see but run a cloth under the bottom of the freezer door and check the inside by the hinge to make sure there is no mold. If the same person is cleaning all the units in that building, then I am going to hazard a guess that the cleaning is inadequate.

I had fantasized about staying at Villa Roma for a number of years and was planning to visit this coming Summer with my family, but no thank you. Once was enough.

Room tip: Check for cleanliness before settling in.
Date of stay: February 2021
4  Thank GamBW
Reviewed 23 January 2021

There is a reason the prices here are what they are. Many parts of this resort feel 30+ years old. But that doesn't stop you from having fun.
We stayed in a one-bedroom + kitchen suite. No views. The kitchen appliances felt 15 years old, the bathroom felt 30 years old. The carpets looked worn, the couches too. But it was a decent amount of room for a family. And enough to cook all your meals if you chose to. We did.
We didn't take the meal package and cooked for the most part. We had to-go breakfast from the lobby a couple of times. We had a take out dinner one night too. Portions were good and well priced for a hotel. If I were to come back, i'd plan on cooking a little less and order in a couple more times.
There was no daily housekeeping but you could get refills for items at the door.

The pool area was clean, the hot tub too. And it wasn't crowded over Thanksgiving weekend which was a blessing.
We did the gingerbread making (extra $), some trivia, a bit of tennis and a night of bowling (extra $). It was all worth it. We really enjoyed family time and got enough activity in.
We also did the area's drive-through Christmas lights show which was just OK.
Villa Roma isn't a luxury property but it has enough to keep you busy for a short outing from the city.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank AksNYC
Reviewed 20 January 2021

Last minute quick overnight trip that exceeded expectations. We were skeptical because of all the negative reviews, but are now genuinely confused why so many people had negative things to say and are very happy we booked anyways! We booked a Saturday night stay - we have a 18 month old and a 5 year old so chose the two bedroom efficiency. Very clean, bathroom was enormous. We always travel with our own pillows, but I ended up using one of the hotel pillows because it was so comfortable. The walls are thin, and we had some very rambunctious next door neighbors...so if all guests were considerate of other guests the noise issues would be mitigated. The pool was very warm and enjoyable and the lifeguard on duty took her responsibilities very seriously and made sure all rules/masks wearing rules were being followed. We took the shuttle to snow tubing but next time would have just driven and parked. Tubing attendants were wonderful and helped drag our daughter out of the snow banks at the bottom - the tow rope was great to get you/tube back to the top. Sledding was on the icy side - not sure if there are snow making machines or if it was just packed down from constant use. We did not take advantage of the resort activities like bingo/rock painting etc because our daughters were thrilled to have a pool and snow to play in. We did do the all inclusive package and since we aren't ready to do indoor dining yet asked them to pack our meal to go - this had to have been slightly annoying as it was a 5 course meal plus kids meals and desserts - and they were very gracious and thoughtful with the request...food was DELICIOUS. We've been to other all inclusive Poconos resorts and assumed it was going to be average and were thrilled with our meal choices (Chicken parm & Short Ribs) our very picky daughter ate all of the linguine that came with the chicken parm...so not sure about that "too much garlic" review. We can't wait to come back in the summer and try some of the outdoor activities.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank emkuhfuss
Paul Carlucci, Owner at Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Thank you so much for deciding to give Villa Roma a try. We couldn't be happier with the results. Definitely looking forward to your return visit in July!

Reviewed 17 January 2021

This trip is exactly what my family needed.
There are so many activities to enjoy. You and your family will not get bored.
The food is amazing. The rooms are spacious and clean. What more can I say. We will definitely be coming back again!!!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you. We are delighted that we were able to provide your family a respite in these crazy times. Come back soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

The resort had all the Covid-19 safety precautions in place such as hand sanitizing stations on every corner/entry/exit. All the staff wore masks and they enforced maintaining social distance. The rooms were extremely spacious and clean. Our suite included a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, pull out couch, a living room, and an enormous bathroom. Perfect for a 1 or 2 week stay with the family or a home away from home.

This weekend we got to enjoy the Cesar’s extravaganza luncheon, a 7-course banquet and matinee show that left us speechless!

We were welcomed with some delicious red wine and immediately given the events and activities itinerary for the next two days and from there I knew we were in for a fantastic fun filled weekend!

Their all inclusive packages include: Breakfast and Dinner. Bumper boats, go carts, Bounce House, Rock climbing,Spider Climb, ZIP lining , Archery Attack, Bowling . Nightly Entertainment, Gym. Some of their full day activities include: Hay rides, pumpkin carving, Bonfire, S’mores, Comedy Shows, Contests, BINGO, Cooking Classes, Dance Classes, SPA, Basketball ⛹, Golfing‍♂️, Horse Back Riding, Indoor pool & Hot tub. They offer Skiing ⛷ in the Winter. In the summer they have MANY water activities and heated outdoor pools and Water Slides.

I would absolutely return and see what it’s like in the summer! Thank you Villa Roma for an unforgettable weekend!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Liilooo23
Paul Carlucci, Owner at Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

Thank you so much for such a detailed and great review. Can't wait to see you again!