Lowest prices for your stay
US$255
Official HotelUS$272
Orbitz.comUS$245
Reviews (1 284)
1 284 results
All reviews bumper boats time share the main dining room golf course bowling alley nightly entertainment bocce ball villa roma resort ping pong breakfast and dinner dirty dancing horseback riding family vacation whole family recommend villa daily activities full kitchen
Selected filters
177 - 182 of 1 284 reviews
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Been a timeshare owner over 25 years n this has been by far our most disappointing visit. The building’s lobby smelled musty n looked dirty. Housekeeping did their best to but the conditions were beyond their capabilities Upon arrival the living room AC wasn’t working. We were told it’s been out for 2 weeks. All the phones in our 2 bedroom unit were not working for the entire week. The standing lamp was broken n a danger. Then it gets worse. The bedroom our 22 month grand daughter slept in has a large black moldy looking stain that was never addressed my maintenance There was mold in corners of the bathroom. There were a bunch of fruit loops in our sofa. N take a look at this canopener. R u kidding me! Would u use that to open your food? DISGUSTING Not to mention the maintenance issues we have year after year after year that r never corrected. Come on Villa Roma! Get your act together. Look at the pics n decide for yourself Updating is one thing but we all deserve a clean,safe unit for our maintenance fees. Villa Roma u stink! Literally

Date of stay: August 2018
10  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We are long time Villa Roma owners, 10 years, and generally are at the resort four times a year. This is our 3rd week this summer and it has been our worst experience in 10 years. The resort was fine, as usual, but the people in week 30 are the worst. They are rude and selfish. There has been smoking and vaping where it was posted as not appropruate. One day at the pool during a very good blues performance, o e group of people decided they did not like the music and pulled out their own speaker down we couldn't hear the band. Pricks. It was impossible to get a place to sit at the pool because people cover all of the seats and stack chairs sink one else can use them thinking of us some kind of tradition here. ENOUGH! We will most certainly come back, but never again on Week 30. The staff were saints considering having to deal with the rudust children I have ever seen. Sorry Joe Causi.

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank Joseph G
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Recently I took my wife and my son to Villa Roma for a six-night stay. Let’s just say the problems began once we walked in to check-in. I booked this trip over the phone about a week earlier and was promised a one-bedroom suite with a queen-size bed – which is important because my wife has a handicap. We attempt to check in and were told that there are no one bedroom suites with a queen size bed. About an hour or so later, we are told that there’s a room available with two queen size beds. Here’s the catch. It is a room “downgrade” to a traditional hotel room. It gets worse, the room we were given was directly next to the fire exit door which constantly slammed keeping all of us up at night. (My wife could hardly sleep for five out of the six nights) Not only that, our room was directly across from the balcony where there were obnoxious people smoking cigarettes, and/or pot and yelling. Housekeeping was no better. There was a pesky fly in our room that was giving us fits. We call housekeeping and ask for a fly swatter.
The response: Just try to swat it with your pillow. How unprofessional! Also, the beds were not well made at all. As for the other activities, I was quite disappointed. My son is a huge trivia buff and was disappointed to find that there was no trivia contest for any of the six days for which we stayed. (There used to be one seemingly everyday in prior years). Also, there is an on-site Off track betting parlor where the TVs that show the races were all turned off. Also, when I tried to make a bet, I put my money in and no ticket came out. I was told by management at the front desk that they would try to retrieve the ticket out of the machine. If that was unsuccessful, I was told that I would have to fill out a form to have my lost money mailed back to me.
Perhaps the only good things about this place are the pool and the dining and even those had issues. First, one day I witnessed someone fly a drone in the pool area. This is a tragedy waiting to happen as a kid running by could be hit in the head. Also, someone brought a non-service dog into the pool itself – health hazard.
The food quality has declined at this place as well. One night, I ordered chicken parmigiana and was surprised that it tasted like food in a roadside diner – not even close in quality to that which I order at my local Italian restaurant. We also used to look forward to the Caesar Dinner on the last night of our stay. The sparerib appetizers used to be to die for with meat falling off the bone. This time it was just bone. With that said, stay away from Villa Roma, this place will be under in five years if nothing is done.

Room tip: Do not choose the odd-numbered rooms in the Ernesto Suite.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank mcnhp85
paulvilla, vp at Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

We;re very sorry that you were disappointed in your recent stay. Thank you for bringing the issues you encountered to our attention so that we can make every effort to correct them and not have them occur again. We take our guests' comments seriously and use their input to improve our guests' experiences. If I may, I would like to comment and address some of the points you raise. Yes there was a drone flying at the outdoor pool. This drone was being operated by a guest and our patrol staff were alerted and immediately responded and insisted that the drone not be flown for the rest of the week. Doc Holiday, our activities director, tries in every way to cater to guests' requests. I'm certain he would have scheduled trivia contests during the week had he know about your son's disappointment. Regarding the OTB machines, these are operated by NYS and we are obliged to follow their direction in dealing with lost bets or tickets. The same is true for service dog ADA regulations passed by the State and the Federal Government, which are very specific about what an hotel is permitted to ask and say regarding the presence of such a dog. If we do not follow these guidelines, we are subject to very large discrimination fines. We have hired a new chef this year in our Main Dining Room. The vast majority of our guests this summer have commented on a marked improvement in the food quality and taste. I'm sorry you did not find it to your liking. I apologize that the attempt to grant your request for Queen size beds fell so short of your expectations and that the housekeeper responded so poorly, Certainly no excuse for this behavior and it will be addressed.
Again I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations this time around, but hope you will consider a return trip in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We chose to return to Villa Roma for our family reunion because everyone had such a great time the first time - and second time around was just as much fun. Our group of 37 ranged from babies to seniors and everyone enjoyed it. There’s so much for kids (of all ages!). Dining was a highlight and the food was even better than we remembered. The staff at Villa Roma really make the difference, they can’t do enough for you. We brought so much stuff we really challenged the bell staff - they were terrific! The front desk kept track of everything and made sure check in was a smooth process for everyone. The dining room staff took care of our every need promptly and efficiently. I have to give a special mention to our Kelly, our group sales contact - she is The Best!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
paulvilla, vp at Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thank you. We're so happy that the whole family had such a wonderful time at Villa Roma. It's the perfect spot for a family reunion as we have so many things for guests of all ages to enjoy. The staff you mention will be thrilled with your comments and will fell so appreciated. See you next year!

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I am writing this review based on and event we had there for our mother's 70th birthday at the Clubhouse. From start to finish, Ashley, our event coordinator went above and beyond to ensure our event was perfect. From decorating, to seating charts, we couldn't have asked for more. She even stayed at our event to be sure everything ran smoothly. She recommended DJ, Stevie B., who was awesome and kept the party going. And the food! I cannot emphasize enough who amazing the quality of the food was. Chef Rich Cina is a master at cooking filet mignon. Every piece was perfectly cooked and the pan seared salmon was incredible. The flavor was perfect, exactly as it was and needed no salt and pepper at all. We had an open bar for the night and Becca Wood, our bartender was on point. She was extremely knowledgable and the guests raved about how friendly and personable she was. If you want to have a wonderful event, with amazing food, entertainment and the most impeccable service, do not hesitate to book at the Villa Roma.

1  Thank nyla511

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Villa Roma. We're so pleased that we were able to provide you and your family with an event to remember. I will be sure to share your comments with all the incredible staff that you mention.