“Delicious food and dog friendly ”

Grist Iron Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Burdett
Description: Grist Iron Brewing Company produces a variety of craft ales that appeal to a broad spectrum of drinkers. We brew with a passion you can taste! We also offer a menu of fresh pub-style chews that pair well with what’s on tap, as well as weekly live music and special events throughout the year - all in the heart of the Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I didn’t enjoy the beer as much as I hoped but sitting outside with the dog and the tasty food made up for that. The brisket melts in your mouth and the I can’t describe how good those baked beans were. The tots were kind of dry and needed something. Maybe some kind of sauce other than the BBQ and different cheese? Places like this that allow dogs deserve special thanks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great experience. The beer was fantastic, great service . Brisket was amazing. Mac and cheese brisket #1. Pulled pork pizza also amazing too . Great views . I loved this place .

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Grist Iron has a variety of beers on tap. I had an apple graff. I liked it. Others in my group ordered flights. They liked everything they tried. We ordered food - macaroni and cheese, tater tots, beef brisket, and a pizza. My favorite was the brisket. I didn't like the baked beans that came with it. Next time I'll order coleslaw. Orders were delivered to the table quickly. There was live music which added to the good time. Check their website to see what's on tap and who's playing.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Grist Iron has the feel of what you'd expect of a larger brewery in other locations - open, expansive space, bit of an establishment feel, etc. It's really dependent on what you're looking for:
Space: It's a big space like most places in the area. The perk here is that they have a large indoor space in addition to a large outdoor area (split between a patio area and a grassy overlook which has cornhole set up).
Noise: Given the space and the number of people you see coming through, it's not exactly quiet.
Beer: The beer was solid for sure but nothing to go completely out of your way for. The IPAs were the highlight if nothing else as they were largely easy drinking.
Atmosphere: If you're looking for the local brewery with a cool story to it, this is not the place. This is a bachelorette/bachelor party magnet and good for kids to get a little bit of running in if they wanted. Has a bit of a "bro" vibe to it but nothing obnoxious. We didn't get anything to eat so I can't speak to that.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

TERRIBLE BEER. The venue is fantastic, the food is good. the beer it aweful. I am somewhat a beer snob but even non beer snobs try it, its is not very good. I was there over this weekend and had a heffewiesen. It was not only a bad heff, it was a BAD beer overall. And they look to charge $28 for a growler fill? I wouldn't fill a growler for $8. (or free for that matter) Guess they want to make money for the venue, not the beer.

Great deck, fun place in a beautiful setting. The pond, fields and lake beyond is a stunning setting. Foodis good too. hence my rating of 2. if venue and food was poor, they would get a 1.

Do yourself a favor. Vist, grab a bite to eat and enjoy the setting. But dont come here looking for any good beers.