“Must see if given the chance”
Review of Yankee Stadium

Yankee Stadium
Ranked #3 of 68 things to do in Bronx
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous ballpark opened in 1923, and the home of the New York Yankees.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had a great experience watching the Yankees playing the Mariners. I was a little nervous that we would be late since someone started a fight on the subway train we were on so the train was stuck in the station. Needless to say, I'm glad we left early. I would recommend getting there early because there is a lot to see in the stadium that we didn't get to see since we were rushed for time. It took about half an hour to get to the stadium from Times Square. We had a great view of the field from our seats in the 300 level. The atmosphere was great and all of the locals around us were friendly and welcoming. The food was spendy but that's to be expected. It was a great experience and it was a must do if you're in NYC during baseball season.

1  Thank Taylor P
Write a ReviewReviews (3 806)
All reviews
"bought tickets"
in 36 reviews

89 - 93 of 3 806 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

If you are a fan of baseball and are in New York during the baseball season, it is well worth your while to catch a game at Yankee Stadium even if you are not a fan of the Bronx Bombers. Though not of the same historical significance as the original, it still is an impressive sight to behold, and it is a well run operation from top to bottom. There is a range of prices for tickets (and the normal high prices for food and drink), but a sunny day at the stadium makes for a fine memory.

1  Thank ddaborn
Reviewed 26 June 2018

First even game of baseball I have seen and what a place to go. This is a fine example of great stadium, as I was informed there isn't many of them out there with such grandeur.

So this is a must see. The tickets are very cheap compared to a football(soccer) ticket in the UK.

1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 26 June 2018

If you are a baseball fan, then Yankee Stadium is a must-see ballpark. A game at Yankee stadium should be on every baseball fan's bucket list. From the moment you step off the subway, your mind is filled with all the great moments that have happened there.

I would suggest getting there early, as I believe the doors open 2 hours prior to game time for weekend games, but not sure for weekday games. Once inside the stadium be sure to tour Monument Park and the Yankee Hall of Fame. Monument Park will close prior to gamete, so get there as quickly as possible.

1  Thank Jack S
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Until I first visited New York City in 2008 (at the age of 59), I had never been to, let alone sat through a full baseball game. This may not seem all that odd (or it may seem outrageous, especially if you are a baseball tragic), but if you take into account that I have lived most of my life in Australia, where baseball is not exactly a huge spectator sport, it is entirely understandable. Just the same, I was keen to experience the game in the home of baseball, and in the heart of baseball at Yankee Stadium.

I have been to numerous ballgames during my five visits to America, and while I am far from an expert, I have come to enjoy the game, and like many visitors to New York City, I have adopted the New York Yankees as my team, and the home of the team, Yankee Stadium as my ballpark.

For what they are worth, here are a few tips to keep in mind.
— If you are going to take advantage of a half-price game, get to the stadium early. You can be sure that thousands of locals and visitors alike will be at the ballpark to take advantage of the cheaper entry prices.
— Again, if you are going to a half-price game, why not pay more for a decent seat? The cheapest seats will find you high up in the stadium, and while you will get a great overall view of the ballpark, you will be as far from the action as you can possibly be while still being inside the park.
— Keep an eye on the schedule for those days when promotional products are given away to the first 18,000 attendees. No, that figure is not a misprint. Over the years I have picked up a free Yankees cap, a bobblehead figure, and a beach blanket by attending on promotion days. Other promos have included collectible cups and trucks, Camouflage caps, baseball cards, and more.
— If your credit card of choice is MasterCard, check to see if the game you are attending is offering ‘Preferred Pricing’ to visitors who purchase tickets via MasterCard.
— The cost of eating at most ballparks can be very high if you are visiting with family members. It’s best to eat well before you go to the game to keep your costs as low as possible while at the game. However, eating hotdogs, burgers, over-sized shakes, lukewarm fries, Nachos drowning in cheddar cheese, or selecting from many other dubious culinary delights is also part of the ballgame experience, so make sure you budget appropriately.

But most importantly of all — enjoy the game!

1  Thank Jim0048