“SORRY TO INCONVENIENCE YOU WITH OUR BUSINESS!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dos Gringos Burrito Bar
Ranked #9 of 11 Restaurants in Barryville
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Description: California style Mexican, utilizing local farms . Extensive tropical drink menu ,good vibes and ,chill times.
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

So we had just come from an exhilarating hike where we encountered a bear and got a little off course. What we needed was a good drink, some tasty grubbage and service with a smile. What we got was a terrible drink, a very abbreviated menu, and below par service! I must emphasize how bad the service was. We walk up to the establishment and a waitress walks right by us without acknowledging us. No hello, no nothing. We sit at the bar where my husband tries to strike up some sort of small talk but what we got in response was a cold shoulder. Three employees swarmed the bar looking down on their cell phones, one slugging down a corona, no eye contact just complete awkwardness. Then a man walks by us at the bar which I believe to be one of the owners , and does not acknowledge us or even smile. This makes for a very uncomfortable vibe. They pride themselves on catering to their locals yet we live right up the road and were treated as if we were miscreants impeding on their territory. The drinks that we ordered were not made in front of us at the bar but in a room off to the side. They were served in awesome glassware( a tiki god and a pineapple),great presentation but tasted terrible. Since we got there between between 4 and five they told us the kitchen was closed but offered some light appetizers. We got the guacamole that had no trace of Lime juice or sodium. The chips were tasty but that's the only positive thing I could say. I heard one of the waitresses putting down a patron at the bar for his nervous laugh. Yikes! Now I feel even more awkward. We couldn't get out of their quick enough!
All these factors will make me never to return to this establishment. It is unfortunate because it's such a hip setting and I love the concept,plus I live under five minutes away, love margaritas, Mexican food and a fun time.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Holly R
Write a reviewReviews (7)

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Great new addition to the area. We sat outisde at the bar and enjoyed a few margarita's. Great music and professional staff. We'll be back for dinner. Seating is available both inside and outside and at the bar.

Date of visit: June 2017