Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews these factors game viewing outstanding experience northern botswana copper bathtub vast array chef raymond writing desk red lechwe cocktail hour his passion safari experience indoor and outdoor showers fabulous job four nights private guide tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2023

With its own (dirt:) airstrip, this remote and flawless camp exceeded every conceivable expectation! The greeting from the staff was gracious and memorable (Queen-wins best smile and dimples) with singing and giant smiles, the ‘tent’ which is totally bespoke, huge and private, the meals whether in camp or in the bush were all perfectly prepared, the game drives both relaxing and thrilling…The setting is pristine, but it would pale without the staff...to a person they are warm, gracious, always with a big smile, and seemingly anticipate any request!
Special mention to the managers Mike and Tay, literally no request was too much! (Queen gets the prize for biggest smile and adorable dimples, while Cecilia gave us excellent massages with facials!)
But, we must express our deepest gratitude to our guides Flame and Tops. I am not sure where to begin, but they were with us for 4 days and nights…each day delivering our coffee at 5:30am, taking us on morning and then sundowner drives, then escorting us after dinner/dark back to our tents. They must have some measurement of eye sight greater than 20/20 because they saw stuff we couldn’t even see with binoculars until they got us up close! With their expert guidance, we were able to take full advantage of the mega cameras available to each of us capturing incredible shots/memories.
On our last evening instead of a drive, Flame and Tops took us on a thrilling flat boat ride along the meandering waterways zipping past lily pads, birds taking off from the water into the vast sky, crocodile, hippos, and even a leopard! Then we floated and had our sundowner before heading back watching the sky turn purple, red and orange, all reflecting in the water!
A perfect experience on one’s 60th birthday! When leaving the whole crew saw us off and several in our group was trying (not very well) to suppress water welling in our eyes.
A safari like we had at Duba Plains (and the sister camp in Kenya) changes you. It creates memories of a lifetime, it bonded our friendship with each other and connected us to a world of nature and humanity that deserves our respect and protection.
I strongly suggest staying 3 nights if you can, we stayed 4, which allowed us to have extra time to enjoy the views, the camp, the people and our tent:)

One important note…Before we came to this camp we stayed at a ‘sister’ camp in Kenya, Mara Plains Camp, which was equally fabulous.
You should know that both of these camps are ‘owned’ by Great Plains Conversancy and the mission of GPC ("to create innovative, world-class conservation projects in diverse and threatened habitats throughout Africa”) is crucial to securing protections of the land and habitat where each camp is located, with Duba focusing on the Okavango Delta (Botswana), and most importantly to the safety and protection of the animals that live there. They respect the local population, providing them with work and valuing their traditions and engaging them in the vital conservation efforts. It is important to support businesses that give back and invest in their communities, whether in Africa or at home.

Room tip: Stay a min of 3 nights...you will be glad you did.
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 27 February 2023

Without a doubt, the absolute best in service, accomodations, food, and of course the game viewing. This was my first trip to Africa, and it won't be my last. Great Plains is a phenomenal organization and their attention to detail is extraordinary!

Date of stay: January 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 September 2022 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at Duba Plains. All of the staff were fantastic and the animals amazing. The food was exceptional and our every need was attended to. I will definitely go again if I have an opportunity.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2022

Duba Plains is paradise. We were there as a family with teens and almost completely unplugged for four nights in a safari wonderland. Our guide Spike is the loveliest person with a love for animals that is palpable. We saw everything the delta has to offer (lions, elephants, rhinos, wild dogs!! birds galore, hippos, crocs, and much more), and he approached each animal sighting with reverence as though he too was seeing everything for the first time. We learned so much from him about animals but also about life. Such a good man. Our manager Teddy was incredible — his big laugh and high emotional intelligence made our stay. He anticipated when we wanted to chat with everyone and when we wanted quiet time. Kay prepared AMAZING food and spoiled us with meals that our sons are still wishing would magically appear before them. Sophia and Evans were our servers but more than that — lovely and proud and such a wonderful addition to the team. Cecelia gave us massages that smoothed away all the travel stress. Our family suite tent was luxurious and dreamy — right out of your mind’s eye when you think of what a safari should be. The delta is a beautiful, tranquil place that gives you hope for the fate of endangered animals. Between the idyllic setting and the warmth and genuineness of the people at Duba, you really feel as though you’ve landed in paradise.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2022 via mobile

"If in life I would be given only one opportunity to go on a safari for a few days then Duba Plains - Botswana is the place I would go to.

I had an amazing 4 nights stay there; the wildlife is superb, the sightings are superb, the guiding is superb, the Camp is superb and the area where the Camp is situated is really magic. The place is full of animals. Moreover - they have a PACK OF WILD DOGS denning there !!!! I did not expect that but boy, was I happy . And I did have some amazing dog sightings. I am no so much into Rhino's, but had plenty of sightings.

I have been very privileged and spoiled rotten to be sharing a vehicle with only Spike and Joshua, the guides. It was a fantastic experience to see and get to know the area and its animals and their behavior through their eyes. It is amazing to hear and learn more about the world behind guiding and all these factors being taken into consideration in order to offer you with the best possibility to have an amazing sighting. Well, I had plenty. Thank you for that Spike and Joshua !

Besides a binocular Great Plains also provides you with a super Canon EOS camera with a 400 mm lens. At Duba Plains Spike was so kind to make some beautiful pics with this.

While staying at Duba Plains I had some health issues because of the Malerone and they took care of me very well. Veronica and Justin took care of me very well any how. Thank you guides and staff of Duba Plains, I will cherish my memories for a long long time."

Date of stay: May 2022