Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews these factors game viewing outstanding experience northern botswana copper bathtub vast array chef raymond writing desk red lechwe cocktail hour his passion safari experience indoor and outdoor showers fabulous job four nights private guide tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2022 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience at Duba Plains. All of the staff were fantastic and the animals amazing. The food was exceptional and our every need was attended to. I will definitely go again if I have an opportunity.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2022

Duba Plains is paradise. We were there as a family with teens and almost completely unplugged for four nights in a safari wonderland. Our guide Spike is the loveliest person with a love for animals that is palpable. We saw everything the delta has to offer (lions, elephants, rhinos, wild dogs!! birds galore, hippos, crocs, and much more), and he approached each animal sighting with reverence as though he too was seeing everything for the first time. We learned so much from him about animals but also about life. Such a good man. Our manager Teddy was incredible — his big laugh and high emotional intelligence made our stay. He anticipated when we wanted to chat with everyone and when we wanted quiet time. Kay prepared AMAZING food and spoiled us with meals that our sons are still wishing would magically appear before them. Sophia and Evans were our servers but more than that — lovely and proud and such a wonderful addition to the team. Cecelia gave us massages that smoothed away all the travel stress. Our family suite tent was luxurious and dreamy — right out of your mind’s eye when you think of what a safari should be. The delta is a beautiful, tranquil place that gives you hope for the fate of endangered animals. Between the idyllic setting and the warmth and genuineness of the people at Duba, you really feel as though you’ve landed in paradise.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2022 via mobile

"If in life I would be given only one opportunity to go on a safari for a few days then Duba Plains - Botswana is the place I would go to.

I had an amazing 4 nights stay there; the wildlife is superb, the sightings are superb, the guiding is superb, the Camp is superb and the area where the Camp is situated is really magic. The place is full of animals. Moreover - they have a PACK OF WILD DOGS denning there !!!! I did not expect that but boy, was I happy . And I did have some amazing dog sightings. I am no so much into Rhino's, but had plenty of sightings.

I have been very privileged and spoiled rotten to be sharing a vehicle with only Spike and Joshua, the guides. It was a fantastic experience to see and get to know the area and its animals and their behavior through their eyes. It is amazing to hear and learn more about the world behind guiding and all these factors being taken into consideration in order to offer you with the best possibility to have an amazing sighting. Well, I had plenty. Thank you for that Spike and Joshua !

Besides a binocular Great Plains also provides you with a super Canon EOS camera with a 400 mm lens. At Duba Plains Spike was so kind to make some beautiful pics with this.

While staying at Duba Plains I had some health issues because of the Malerone and they took care of me very well. Veronica and Justin took care of me very well any how. Thank you guides and staff of Duba Plains, I will cherish my memories for a long long time."

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2022

We had a most memorable and wonder-filled time at Duba Plains Camp recently. This camp is an exceptional Okavango delta experience in northern Botswana. The wildlife sightings were truly EPIC, the tents are large, luxurious and comfortable, the cuisine is delicious and the chefs to be commended. The guiding is great and all other staff are simply brilliant! We would highly recommend Duba Plains and would love to return! Thank you to everyone at Duba for making our stay incredibly memorable and special!!

Room tip: The setting is spectacular and all rooms are peaceful and have wonderful views!
Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 26 June 2022

We spent 4 gorgeous nights in May 2022 in room 1 at Duba Plains.
Our 4th Great Plains property in the past 6 months.
Service was out of this world!! Chef Raymond deserves Michelin stars; Managed our dietary reqts by cooking us amazing vegetarian meals including a traditional Botswana meal and a interactive kitchen one evening.
Best and Kate (T, Vasco served us a couple times) - fabulous..What more can we say. They were more than on top of things.
Vero, Justin, Colleen - Very friendly and approachable.
Flame was our guide with Tops (from the community) for our duration.
We came to see the Delta waters, ellies in the water crossing a channel, swimming lions and leaping lechwe's amongst everything else, We saw all this and a lot more!!
Speedboat ride down the Okavango river was wonderful! Tops took amazing pics with the GP camera. Thank you Tops!!!
The night drive by the airstrip, stopping to see the night sky was spectacular!! Flame and Tops - You both make an amazing team and thank you for the pick up/drop off to the room!! We had a fabulous time with you both!

Thank you Duba Plains team for the most amazing Great Plains stay to date; We continue to remember the amazing moments!! The entire staff will go above and beyond to make your stay memorable!

We will definitely return!! We stayed in room 1 towards end of May 2022.

Room tip: Room 1 is farthest away
Date of stay: May 2022