Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews these factors game viewing outstanding experience northern botswana copper bathtub vast array chef raymond writing desk red lechwe cocktail hour his passion safari experience indoor and outdoor showers fabulous job four nights private guide tea and coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2022 via mobile

"If in life I would be given only one opportunity to go on a safari for a few days then Duba Plains - Botswana is the place I would go to.

I had an amazing 4 nights stay there; the wildlife is superb, the sightings are superb, the guiding is superb, the Camp is superb and the area where the Camp is situated is really magic. The place is full of animals. Moreover - they have a PACK OF WILD DOGS denning there !!!! I did not expect that but boy, was I happy . And I did have some amazing dog sightings. I am no so much into Rhino's, but had plenty of sightings.

I have been very privileged and spoiled rotten to be sharing a vehicle with only Spike and Joshua, the guides. It was a fantastic experience to see and get to know the area and its animals and their behavior through their eyes. It is amazing to hear and learn more about the world behind guiding and all these factors being taken into consideration in order to offer you with the best possibility to have an amazing sighting. Well, I had plenty. Thank you for that Spike and Joshua !

Besides a binocular Great Plains also provides you with a super Canon EOS camera with a 400 mm lens. At Duba Plains Spike was so kind to make some beautiful pics with this.

While staying at Duba Plains I had some health issues because of the Malerone and they took care of me very well. Veronica and Justin took care of me very well any how. Thank you guides and staff of Duba Plains, I will cherish my memories for a long long time."

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2022

We had a most memorable and wonder-filled time at Duba Plains Camp recently. This camp is an exceptional Okavango delta experience in northern Botswana. The wildlife sightings were truly EPIC, the tents are large, luxurious and comfortable, the cuisine is delicious and the chefs to be commended. The guiding is great and all other staff are simply brilliant! We would highly recommend Duba Plains and would love to return! Thank you to everyone at Duba for making our stay incredibly memorable and special!!

Room tip: The setting is spectacular and all rooms are peaceful and have wonderful views!
Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 26 June 2022

We spent 4 gorgeous nights in May 2022 in room 1 at Duba Plains.
Our 4th Great Plains property in the past 6 months.
Service was out of this world!! Chef Raymond deserves Michelin stars; Managed our dietary reqts by cooking us amazing vegetarian meals including a traditional Botswana meal and a interactive kitchen one evening.
Best and Kate (T, Vasco served us a couple times) - fabulous..What more can we say. They were more than on top of things.
Vero, Justin, Colleen - Very friendly and approachable.
Flame was our guide with Tops (from the community) for our duration.
We came to see the Delta waters, ellies in the water crossing a channel, swimming lions and leaping lechwe's amongst everything else, We saw all this and a lot more!!
Speedboat ride down the Okavango river was wonderful! Tops took amazing pics with the GP camera. Thank you Tops!!!
The night drive by the airstrip, stopping to see the night sky was spectacular!! Flame and Tops - You both make an amazing team and thank you for the pick up/drop off to the room!! We had a fabulous time with you both!

Thank you Duba Plains team for the most amazing Great Plains stay to date; We continue to remember the amazing moments!! The entire staff will go above and beyond to make your stay memorable!

We will definitely return!! We stayed in room 1 towards end of May 2022.

Room tip: Room 1 is farthest away
Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 25 June 2022

The safari experience was something like a private Masai Mara..! In some areas, you can scan the plains for miles, there are red lechwe (antelope) everywhere, and lions seemingly on the hunt in daytime hours as standard. So many different hunting styles. Patient ambush, energetic running in all directions across the plains, stealthy approaches, and sometimes warthogs just wandering right into the lions' path. We were also lucky enough to follow a wild dog pack hunting reedbuck, which was like watching a high stakes game of hide and seek - a lifetime wildlife highlight.
The camp is incredible. The chef (Raymond) and his team are superb. This is as good as it gets.

Date of stay: June 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jackbdm
Reviewed 11 June 2022

The finest camp we have stayed at in our three African safaris. We were there in a group of 6 for four nights for a photo safari. We had 2 private wildlife guides that supplemented the drivers. So 2 vehicles for 3 of us in each one which is great for photographers.

First class service and room accommodations. The rooms are spectacular and huge. Indoor and outdoor showers along with a plunge pool at every room! The chef was first class. The meals were as good or better than any 4 star restaurant in the US.

I had my back seize up on me and they offered immediate assistance and were attentive to the specific needs of all of the guests.

The drivers were among the better ones we have had on safaris before. They understood placement for photographers with wildlife and communicated well with the other drivers to maximize our sightings. They were able to keep up with wild dogs on 2 separate hunts which is not an easy task. One of the few locations in Bots that you are almost guaranteed to see rhinos, leopards, lions, wild dogs and of course the vast array of prey. The Malachite Kingfishers were abundant and spectacular.

The roads are rough but then they are in all camps in the Okavango Delta. The boat rides were awesome and a good change of pace. We arrived just before their new airship was completed so we had some bonus fun of flying in by helicopter. Starting in April 2022 you can land via bush plane a couple of minutes from the camp.

Can't answer some of the questions below since everything was just simply done for us. You forget about all stress and just have fun.

The monkeys do run across the roofs occasionally and get a bit rowdy but hey its Africa, you are here for an adventure.

A bit pricey but if you can pull it off you will not be disappointed. Would go back in an instant as this is simply one of the finest camps in Africa and its reputation is well deserved.

Room tip: I can't imagine any room is less than spectacular given they are enormous and larger than most city apartments.
Date of stay: March 2022