Savute Safari Lodge
Ghoha Hills Savuti(Chobe National Park)
US$1 862
  • Breakfast included
Ngoma Safari Lodge(Chobe National Park)
US$1 570
US$241
Nogatsaa Pans Lodge(Chobe National Park)
US$1 364
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Liya Guest Lodge(Chobe National Park)
US$117
US$47
Kwalape Safari Lodge(Chobe National Park)
US$95
Travelocity
  • Pool
andBeyond Savute Under Canvas(Chobe National Park)
US$1 510
SA Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Tilodi Safari Lodge(Chobe National Park)
US$112
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Chobe Elephant Camp(Chobe National Park)
US$990
Jumia Travel
  • Breakfast included
Chobe Game Lodge(Chobe National Park)
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewssavute channelwatering holewater holewild dogsdesert deltagame drivesview of the waterdining areawarm towelssafari lodgedirect viewlanding stripsense of humourthree nightswatch elephantsbefore dinnerbush tv
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We spent two nights at this lodge during a ten day Safari Tour through Botswana. Together with Camp Okavango this was the best lodge on our tour. Great luxurious rooms with view of the water hole, the main Dining area also overlooks the water hole. Hence you can watch elephants or other game and wildlife (as in our case even a Lion) while enjoying a great dinner. The staff was very very friendly and helpful and made our stay a wonderful experience. The game drives in the area were great too, I love the scenery in Savute and we had some great sightings (including a Leopard). Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carsten S
Riley_81_10, Marketing Assistant at Savute Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Carsten S
Thank you for staying with us at Savute Safari Lodge and for leaving such a great review from your time with us. Such a treat to have lion come to the water hole, while you sit back and relax in the dining area. I will share the lovely comments with the team.
The Desert and Delta Safaris team

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Had just stayed in Moremi and had amazing sightings there. As we flew over Savute, you could already see how the landscape differed and was much drier than Moremi.
Savute Camp was out of this world, chalets overlooking a waterhole, with buffalo rolling in the mud, large herds of elephants almost running down to drink and plenty of giraffe - you can even watch them while taking a shower!! But be prepared to kept awake by lions roaring! The camp was luxurious, and the staff couldn't do enough for you - they catered for my dietary needs. Everyone was so friendly and welcomed you back from your game drives with warm towels, and sat with us for dinner. Great place for birding too.
OB was our guide, and he was excellent, so friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, he took an interest in our interests and what we wanted to see - and boy did we see a lot, wild dog on a kill, leopard with cub, hyena cubs, roan, loads of birds, elephants, lions to name a few! Thank you camp Savute & OB for making my stay so special.

Room Tip: there are only a few chalets, so very private and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sarahmE9333ZN

Dear sarahmE9333ZN
Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review on our lodge and the team, and great sightings too. I will share this with OB as he will be very happy to read the lovely comments. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

This experience was tremendous!! It exceeded my high expectations ten fold. The staff was warm, loving and fun loving, it felt so welcoming, so delightful and so special. Different from anywhere I have ever been and can not wait to come back. Baba was our guide and he was so knowledgeable on our oh so random questions. He treated us with such respect and we saw it all. We didn't mess around~ we were first out, and first to all the animals.
Uncle Score just is so memorable, adorable and my red wine was never vacant... I loved him and my family enjoyed a new cocktail called Amarula~ DELICIOUS!!!
Our accommodations were stunning and equipped perfectly. There was not one thing we could have needed.
The chef's and the girls were so darling, helpful and fun to be around.
I cried leaving. My family is still making fun of me, but my son even welled up when Baba waved us good bye. I loved everything about this dream come true.

Room Tip: We were in bungalow's 3, 4 and 5. All had incredible views of the watering hole that was always filled with animals.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank bJN62166

Dear bJN62166
Wow what a wonderful trip you had. It is so pleasing to hear that a place and the people can have such a wonderful effect on others. Savute is a memorable place and our staff and guides do their best to make lasting memories with all our guests. Thank you for sharing this with all of us, and I will definitely share the great feedback with our team.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The lodge is large and spacious. The rooms are lovely. The pool overlooks the elephant watering hole. The lodge is not in or around the Okavango Delta. The Park is arid with occasional watering holes. We saw lots of elephants and lions. We did not see many impalas or zebras etc in comparison to the lodges we stayed at in the delta.

The food is good and most meals are served on the deck overlooking the watering hole.

Sadly our guide was a disappointment . He was obviously bored and raced through the park without spotting any animals. We had to ask him to stop to allow us to watch the elephants. He just followed the other vehicles / hides and they pointed things out to him. don't think I would return to the savuti game reserve. We preferred the lodges within the delta where you are on the water crossing it either by car or by boat. The variety and quantity of animals you see on the delta itself is unbeatable.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank The-Milan-Chick
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Well another trip to Africa with my best friend again ..Botswana was are favourite place ..but how things have changed in 5 years !!..(more about that later)..
Thank god this place was fantastic ..
But I have to tell you all.my friend lost her luggage with Iberia Airlines between Madrid and Munich !!! so for her the whole holiday was Ruined ... (Will explain later) ..This lodge did try and locate her luggage but they had problems with getting through to Iberia etc etc ..
Anyway enough of this negativity !!
The tracker/driver( Baba.). was really professional ..he really liked me and to be honest ..I liked him too .. The game drives/ Staff And food were all just fantastic ...
The rooms where very good and you could even use your hair dryer when the electric was working ..Which was from 5.ooam till about 11.00pm ..
They even had Wi-Fi and it worked still in the room we had ..which wasn't to far away from the Dinning come lounge area ..There's really not much more I can add to this review apart from saying a BIG thank you to all the staff there for trying to help my friend find her luggage and for giving a few clothes to her ..I also have to thank a couple of lady guests that were there at this time for giving my friend a couple of tops etc ..so ..if you are in the Chobe National park I would highly recommend this place ..

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank robertah2014

Dear robertah2014
Thank you for staying with us at Savute Safari Lodge. It is never a great start to your holiday when you have a challenge of trying to find lost luggage. It is pleasing to read that the staff did what they could to help and accommodate your friend. I will be sure to share this with the team and thank them on your behalf.