Savute Safari Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ghoha Hills Savuti(Chobe National Park)
US$1 509
US$1 440
US$254
andBeyond Savute Under Canvas(Chobe National Park)(Great Value!)
US$600
SA Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Camp Savuti(Chobe National Park)
US$1 352
US$1 110
Hotels.com
Mwandi View(Kavimba)
  • Pool
Muchenje Campsite & Cottages(Kasane)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Pool
Muchenje Safari Lodge(Chobe National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Ngoma Safari Lodge(Chobe National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Chobe River Camp(Katima Mulilo)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge(Chobe National Park)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswatering holewater holesavute channelwild dogsdesert deltagame drivesview of the waterdining areawarm towelssafari lodgesense of humourdirect viewlanding stripthree nightswatch elephantsbefore dinnerbush tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I very much enjoyed our stay at Savute Safari Lodge. The room was nice, the bed comfortable, the cooking good or average. The ambiance was very good. Watching elephants very close by while you have dinner is very enjoyable.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Riley_81_10, Marketing Assistant at Savute Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Christiane2005
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Savute Safari Lodge. Being able to sit in the dining area enjoying your meal and watching the water hole for the arrivals of the elephants is a real treat. I am glad to hear you got to experience this at Savute Safari Lodge. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Amazing all round. Stayed at Camp Xanaka, Camp Moremi, Dinaka (Central Kalahari), Camp Nkwaksi... Savute topped them all - from game, to accommodation, to staff, to guide... Looked for negatives - none to be found. Cant believe I am saying this - this place is "perfect".

Room Tip: Would love to add a tip but this place is amazing - no matter which room
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jsevo1

Dear Jsevo1
Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am pleased to read you had such a wonderful time with us at Savute Safari Lodge and that you found the lodge to be at the top of your list. I will be sure to share the feedback with the team. Thank you for choosing to stay with Desert and Delta Safaris and we look forward to welcoming you back.
The Team

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Savute Safari Lodge was great. The cabins and the dining area overlook watering holes so we could spend a great deal of time watching how the elephants related to each other, and from my nicely appointed cabin I watched impala and kudu and how they got along. At night we saw hyenas.

I swam in the pool, and enjoyed the decorated beds every day. One of my favorite perks was that my laundry was done and back the same day. The staff was very entertaining at dinner singing and ululating.

I liked the guides, and got to know Metal and Baba. When they got to talking about their past experiences as guides (if you ever get Baba as a guide ask him about "hearing aids" for a hilarious story), I got a new goal... I never ever want to end up in a guide story! Our game drives were interesting and the guides very informative. Sadly we had to miss the San rock paintings, but it would have been too dangerous with the leopard in the area.

One of the most memorable moments was as we were driving to the airstrip. The guides had to chase the giraffes off. And here we worry about bird strikes!

Room Tip: All the cabins overlook the waterholes.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jan95821
Riley_81_10, Marketing Assistant at Savute Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Dear Jan95821
Thank you for such a a heartwarming review from your stay with us at Savute Safari Lodge. It is so wonderful to read about our guests experiences and even better when there is humour involved. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in camp and out on activities. Perhaps when you visit us next time you can go to the San rock paintings. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Expectations were high when my wife and I visited this lodge during the last week of March given my visit was prompted by the Nat Geo documentary `Savage Kingdom', which was filmed at Savuti and included all my favourite predators; Lions, Leopards, Wild Dogs, Hyenas. I was a little worried as we'd deliberately travelled end-March to visit our first lodge, Camp Moremi, at a time just after the rain to see the fauna and flora in all its greenery beauty knowing that water does not flow in to Savuti from Angola until later in the year when all the herds arrive in parallel. We were not disappointed with this lodge exceeding expectations promoting it to one of two of our favourite lodges visited out of 6 over the last 2 years (Motswari in Timbavati (Kruger) being the other. The staff (Setch, Lucky, Lottie and team) were warm, welcoming and friendly throughout creating the inviting environment we seek when travelling - their humour coupled with their geniality created an intimately enjoyable stay. Obed, our guide, was simply fantastic. We'd been paired with another younger English couple and Obed very quickly gauged our appetite for mixing some wonderful game viewing whilst having some fun and enjoying each other’s company. Obed was thorough, flexible and accommodating and never failed to impress. He is a likable guy and I we will ask for him as a guide when we return. Even though we visited in March the game viewing was wonderful. We saw the male lion who leads the Marsh Pride, a celebratory in himself, a number of other lions and lionesses both from the Marsh Pride and a splinter group, hyena pups, a female leopard on a couple of occasions, large herbs of zebras with one herd well over 200+, sizable herds of giraffe including calves as young as a month old, a number of mean looking duggar boys plus a large herd of buffalo, beautiful birds, and everything else we could have hoped for; the Savuti Marsh is a beautiful place to be! Throughout, Obed was educational, informative and on occasion a `wind-up' merchant giving as good as we gave; if you ever get to read this Obed thanks for being such a great host, guide and friend for our short stay. We stayed in Room 6, which appears to be the room shown in the camp literature and photos. The room was clean, spacious, relaxing, well presented and not only over-looked the watering hole but was only 50 yards from the lounge and common areas. The camp itself is well maintained and well laid out. It feels very relaxed, which is exactly what we want at the end of a hard day game viewing. I like a bit of an after-dinner drink and at no point did we feel rushed to depart from the boma camp fire to our room with the staff assigned genuinely appearing to stay and enjoy their time with the guests. I cannot praise Savuti Safari Lodge enough. We could not take our 19-year old daughter with us on this trip due to Uni exams but we will be returning and hope to be greeted by the same management and support time including Obed as our guide. I have nothing but wonderful things and memories to say and reflect on; I only wish we could have stayed longer. Savuti Safari Camp exceeded our expectations - thank you!

Room Tip: Room 6 is wonderful - overlooks the water-hole and is 50 yards from the common areas :-)
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DCMIT1

Dear DCMIT1
Many thanks for the kind words on your stay at Savute Safari Lodge. We are delighted to read that you made special connections with each one of the management team and enjoyed the time you spent with them. Our staff pride themselves in operating comfortable, warm and friendly lodges so it is wonderful to see that this was your experience during your stay at Savute Safari Lodge. We will most certainly pass your feedback onto Obed who will be thrilled to hear from you. Having read through your feedback, you certainly did enjoy some amazing sightings during your stay and we are glad it lived up to your expectations after watching the Savage Kingdom documentary on Nat Geo. You must have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the pride members you watched on TV throughout the series. We look forward to welcoming you back to Savute when you return with your daughter - we hope her Uni exams went well and you can celebrate together back in Botswana in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Stayed at Savuti Safari Lodge for 2 nights in March .Arrived as a "Self Drive" and had an wonderful experience from the moment we arrived until we departed 48 hours later. We went on excellent game drives with "OB" and saw an amazing amount of wildlife (4 of the Big 5) This was our second visit and I will do it again if we are in the same area!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Riley_81_10, Marketing Assistant at Savute Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Francois d
Thank you for your review of your stay at Savute Safari Lodge. You were definitely lucky to have had such a wonderful game viewing experience in such a short time. I am pleased to read that the staff exceeded your expectations again and we will be waiting with open arms for your next visit.