Lowest prices for your stay
US$113
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Expedia.comUS$113
All reviews well stocked bar shark dive great white sharks at home excellent hosts whale watching small pool home made other guests spacious rooms delicious breakfast great place to stay warm welcome guest house sea view dave harbour
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2021

As always, our stay was characterised by the fine hospitality of our hosts, our comfortable and spacious room and a hearty breakfast. Fantastic sea views and proximity to the little fishing harbour was an extra bonus.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Caron Lee, Owner at Saxon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2021

Thank you again Charl. Always a treat when you visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2021

The intention was to take a peaceful and relaxing moment with my wife after a hectic week from our jobs and we really achieved that. The staff and the overall ambience of the lodge made this possible. Thanks to Dave and Carona for the beautiful place.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Caron Lee, Owner at Saxon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, it was a great pleasure hosting you. I love that I have gone viral:) Carona:):):)

Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

Friendly housewarming hostess, lovely rooms and spacious tranquil garden and pool with beautiful sea view, love the dog and cats that makes it feel homey, friendly service, awesome experience. Very safe and overall good experience

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Caron Lee, Owner at Saxon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

Thank you Marius, so glad you and your lovely wife, Giesela, had a good time. Look forward to a future visit, you are always welcome

Reviewed 26 January 2021

We would highly recommend a visit to Saxon Lodge.This was our first visit to the area.
We explored on our own and Caron and Dave suggested places and restaurants to visit, even going as far as to organise bookings for us. There are many places to visit around the area and also lovely seaside walks close by.
We stayed in the self catering apartments and were delighted with the space and facilities, as well as our delicious breakfast every day!
Our stay at Saxon Lodge in Gansbaai was super as were our hosts Dave and Caron!

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Caron Lee, Owner at Saxon Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Thank you for your feedback, so glad you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 12 January 2021

When I needed a guesthouse for a few days in Gansbaai, I saw a long list of suggestions, and yes, Gansbaai is full of guesthouses and B&B's. I selected Saxon Lodge because of the informal feel and I was not disappointed.

The wonderful setting, just above the harbour, provides the visitor with beautiful views of the ocean and the harbour holds a unique appeal. Once entering the fort-like white washed homestead of Caron and Dave, I felt instantly at home. The reception with Caron was very welcoming after a nearly 3 hour trip from Cape Town airport during peak holiday traffic. I was upgraded to a family suite because she was kind.

I enjoyed a two bedroomed unit with ample space, luxurious soft linen and a little patio of my own. The beautiful black soulful dog came to greet me every morning with his soft eyes. I loved the stay. I slept like a baby in the comfortable bed and there was a kettle and a fridge to brew my own first cup. Breakfast was available but I relied on my own muesli and yoghurt regime.

This is the ideal place to unwind. Some units are self-catering, but it is the informality that will soothe you. The garden is small but magical. There is also a splash pool to get rid of the hot weather fatigue.

Thank you to Caron and Dave, we have now connected and hopefully we will spend many more relaxed hours together. As promised, I will keep in touch.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view.
Date of stay: January 2021