Peace Corner
  • Breakfast included
US$167
US$132
  • Pool
The Rose Cottage & Co, B&B(Dullstroom)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Anglers Court(Dullstroom)
Agoda.com
All reviewsbuttercup barndouble showerattention to detailelectric blanketscorner cottagehost peterfresh milklittle extrasstay there againtown centresmall gardencreature comfortsone nighthot water bottlessmall fridgewood burning fireplacecosy cottage
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight on the 29th December . Met by Peter, and we felt right at home. Lovely accommodation, with everything you need. Cosy fireplace, big double showers. Walking distance to village. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ritastone1
Reviewed 4 December 2016

I stayed at Peace Corner on my way back to Jo'burg after a week camping in Kruger. It was blissful! Space, privacy, style, outside space, creature comforts, wifi and close to numerous nice places to grab a coffee or dinner. I enjoyed an hour or two of fly fishing on the local reservoir too. Of all the Mpumalanga towns I visited, Dullstroom was the most attractive and had the best vibe.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2016

We picked Dullstroom out of the air as a place to stop on the way to Kruger from Jo'burg, having arrived in SA after a night flight, so didn't want to drive too far. It turned out to be an excellent choice as not only is Peace Corner a lovely little place to stay but we found the town itself really quite cute.

Back to Peace Corner anyway, just a km or so from the town centre the place itself has nice rooms with all the usual things you'd expect to find in a little cottage. That said, new to me in this part of South Africa was the apparent tradition of having a little bottle of Sherry in the room as a little bedtime treat. I lived on Old Brown Sherry when I backpacked around SA 20 years earlier so went down a treat with me!

Lovely place, run by lovely people, Connie and Peter. If we'd had more time on our trip we'd deffo have stayed at least a night or two longer.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Stayed in Daisy Cottage. Excellent value for money. Quiet but convenient spot. Lovely artistic decor and superb double rain shower. Enjoyed the sherry and rusks etc. Would not hesitate to stay again. Thanks Connie and Peter..

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2016

My wife and I had the good fortune of coming across Peace Corner on Tripadvisor and made a booking and stayed in Buttercup Barn, one of four self contained cottages.
Connie went out of her way to make our stay pleasant and she made all our bookings for meals based on her recommendations.
The Buttercup Barn, the cottage we stayed in was fantastic and the attention to detail was superb right down to the smallest detail. The Cottage was spacious with all the amenities that you need for a getaway and they even supplied tea, coffee, hot chocolate, rusks, biscuits and marshmallows for our stay. They have a supply of DVD's in the Cottage as well as a number of books and board games for the kids (and adults) which all went to making the weekend so special.
I can certainly recommend this for the perfect stay and can only imagine how cozy it must be in winter with the fireplace!

Room Tip: We stayed in Buttercup Barn which was excellent, but I am sure that all the Cottages would be just as quaint and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple