“Break away weekend”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Also has accommodation
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

What a warm and busy little pub/restaurant. Had good service and great way to start the weekend with friends.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We waited about 30 minutes for someone to take our order, then someone did and we the had to wait 15 minutes just for drinks - which never came - until one lady (and I am so sorry I cannot recall her name) took over our table orders - from there we had fantastic service.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Going to Dullstroom on a Sunday to work on the Monday is just a "to do" activity. After exploring Dullstroom a but, time for dinner.

We (me & my wife) decided on The Poachers because it look so inviting. The restaurant was quiet (being a Sunday late-afternoon) so the service was spot-on.

The food was delicious, especially the basket, the trout a bit on the expensive side. But we enjoyed our food and of course, each others company.

Will I go again, YES - for the basket!

Reviewed 8 April 2017

We decided to embark on a spontaneous trip to Dullstroom and landed up spending our evening listening and dancing to a live band and drinking far to much. I certainly recommend The Poacher to anyone looking for something to do on a Friday or Saturday evening - as we met some great people and the vibe was so electric. Needless to say - we didn't feel so good the next morning.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I went to the Poacher in Dullstroom for dinner on Friday 31 March. The restaurant was busy, and there was no manager in attendance. The food was terrible, the oxtail was burnt and the vegetables were cold, the pie was also very average. I cannot understand how a restaurant can serve burnt food and expect the customer to accept it - surely the chef tastes the food, or at least can smell when something is burnt? The waiter seemed totally unsure how to handle the situation, and as a result avoided us so we didn't even get a top up of drinks while we waited for an alternative meal. I left without tipping, which is something I never do. There are so many lovely restaurants in Dullstroom that an establishment can't afford to serve bad food badly. I will never return to this restaurant!

2  Thank janinemariea