All reviews trout house fish walk along the river underfloor heating gas braai lovely owners comfortable amenities the main road idyllic setting awesome weekend fabulous stay star quality pine trees little details run around staff went out of their way kruger park
Reviewed 25 September 2014

My wife and I and our two daughters and their families spent a very pleasant three nights at Stonecutters lodge. We were accomodated in Trout House which has a great view of the trout dams and the hills beyond.
A little expensive, the cottage is very well furnished and spacious and with all the mod cons one would need. In the evenings we would braai at the boma and once it got a little cold we would move into the lounge and light up the very effective log fire.
There was plenty of open space for my young grandson to run around and enjoy himself while the rest of us took the opportunity to read or nap.

The R540 highway is quite near but the noise from trucks etc was minimal and we hardly noticed it.

We will definitely be visiting Stonecutters Lodge again.

Room tip: Room 2 is quieter
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2014

We spent the weekend at stonecutters in one of the cobbles units. Accommodation was excellent, we arrived during a cold front and the room had been warmed up for us already. Dinner was delicious and dessert to die for! Attention to detail and special care with everything was really appreciated. Will definitely be back.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Lesley and Team pampered us on this midweek stay for business in the area. We were pampered with haute cuisine meals every evening from roast beef to roast duck. Even had some nibbles at the fly during spawning season. Thx for a great stay

Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My brother , nephew and I went up the Stonecutters for a 4 day long weekend and spent 90% of the time trying our fly fishing skills. Had limited success in the dams but did well in the river .
It was the start of a really cold snap which I think put the fish off.
Everything was neat and imaculate.
We have never been so well treated and looked after at a fishing spot. Or should I say luxury hideaway!
Thankyou ladies and gent for making our stay brilliant.
We will definitely be back.
Andre, Phil & Dave
June 2014

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank FishermanFred2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to Stonecutters for the second time this year, we stayed in the renovated stone cottage. The accommodation was first class with everything we could need supplied. The views are amazing and the lodge is well looked after. A true weekend away spot that now has a special place in my heart.

Date of stay: July 2014