“Great value!”

Ntonga Recreation Club
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Pongola
Cuisines: American, French
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Was referred here by Aber Jets guest house. The décor is very dated and it feels like an old club of the 70's / 80's. The food though is great and fantastic value for money

Date of visit: March 2018
NtongaManager, General Manager at Ntonga Recreation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you for your review Rijan K. We pride ourselves on the Standard of food served at the Ntonga Recreation Club.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Walked in and waiter took the order. I waited more than 20 when a second table of 4 people walked in. They took that tables order and that table were served before us, not only that but I called the waiter several times and she kept on saying it's on it after is way.... after 1 hour waiting, we basically left. On our way the waiter said the food is on its way, but we had enough.

Date of visit: February 2016
3  Thank KwalalaLodge
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

when I was here all the curtains were closed in the section I ate in. ...so me who likes wide expansive views found this disappointing.

getting here is not difficult but it did not pick up on my gps. ... just go to the sugar mill outside pongola on the road towards durban.

I was served very quickly. The menu looked wide but nothing particularly unusual.

I ordered the steak rossini and while the steak was nicely done. ..The chicken livers were ok...not great.

The wine list looks ok but I would suggest bring your own wine if you are so inspired. ...don't know what their corkage policy is like.

given that I was unable to find another place within 40km of the guest house I was staying at. ..unless you want a fast food place in pongola this looks like the only and therefore the best on offer in pongola.... but as far as part of the top 100 of restaurants in South Africa goes. ..I would say not yet. ... basic functional is the impression it has left me with.

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 5 May 2015

This is a very good sugar mill club restaurant that is open to the public. On the Durban side of the N2, before reaching Pongola, turn left at the signs for the sugar mill. Not much else in Pongola other than the standard fast food chains, which makes this worth coming to if overnighting in Pongola. A diverse menu catering for most tastes. Friendly staff and clean restaurant. Priced for an out-in-the-country sugar mill or mine club - really great value wine and T-bone steak. Food tasty. One cannot compare this to a big city restaurant / steak house. It is very good for what it is, a club restaurant close to the sugar fields and sugar mill. Yes, I would certainly eat here again and recommend it.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank capeintl
Reviewed 12 January 2015

if u tired of take aways and there isnt much of that in Pongola then Ntonga Club Restaurant is for you. the chicken and prawn curry was absolutely divine. the desserts are of a lower standard then their food but altogether was good. the staff at the club was friendly, there is a play area for the kids and a pool .

Date of visit: January 2015