“Friendly service, decent food”
Review of Del's Restaurant

Del's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Tucumcari
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Since 1956, Del's Restaurant has been a destination break on Historic Route 66. Stop in and meet our friendly staff and enjoy delicious food, an attractive setting and over the top service. Whether your hunger is more on the light side, or you've worked up a vigorous appetite, we have a delicious fare for all. Make Del's Restaurant a major stop when seeking the flavor of Historic Route 66, you'll be glad you did!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Just had mac and cheese, which was good, not exceptional. Place was packed at closing time, so I suspect it is a good place. I'd return and get something different. People were very friendly and accommodating.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 320)

66 - 70 of 1 324 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The restaurant has excellent service and they are not under staffed. Although, we did not use it, they have a huge well stocked, large variety salad bar. I ordered the Steak Guadalajara, which was a nice big cut of sirloin that came with your choice of enchiladas, beans and rice. My wife had the Y&Y Enchiladas which is flat enchiladas topped with cheese, beans, onion, lettuce, tomato and a fried egg on top. My wife rated it as excellent and recommends the dish. Unfortunately the steak I had was very tough. It was cooked exactly as I order it, but it was very tough (I'm talking hard to cut with a serrated steak knife tough!) That sometimes happens with sirloin, oh well. The Mexican food that came with the steak was very good. The service was very good. I saw some of the steaks that other diners had and they looked great. I just happened to get a bad one, thus I had to rate the meal based on what I was served. If I am ever in Tucumcari again I will give it another try. I do recommend the restaurant, just don't order the Steak Guadalajara.

1  Thank Spike S
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The go to spot for dinner in Tucumcari. A selection of American and Mexican dishes await your tired taste buds. Beware, their servings are really generous

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Great friendly service with a large menu and very reasonable prices. The lemon meringue pie was fantastic.

1  Thank maherbert1966
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Have been stopping and eating at this restaurant since 1964. Every time I go through Tucumcari, the food have always been great and lots of it.

1  Thank RayMiller