“Traveling”

Ranked #35 of 132 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The is a new restaurant which replaced Ogilivie's right on the Plaza in Taos. It is a casual restaurant, with a mune that reflect it's SM location, though is by no means "Mexican" completely. WE had a combinations of startes and salads, all of which are excellent; The Bison Sliders were supurb. The balcony overlooking the Plaza is a wonderful place to watch the activity in the Plaza - the only outdoor eating on the Plaza.They have a full bar, and excellent staff who are all very jazzed about being part of this new venture. It is a definite place for a simple but interesting meal.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had Nachos ($9.95), BBQ Burger ($10.95), beer ($5.00 ea) and coke (2.50). Awesome, outdoor, 2nd floor seating and covered awnings. Right across the Taos Plaza. Great service and very nice service. Price of beer seems high. Really nice setting!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Our AirBnB host recommended Gorge Bar and Grill and we were very happy we took her advice. We had an excellent dinner at this restaurant. Our service was top notch, the menu was interesting, and the wine list was very good. We both enjoyed our dinners very much -- and you can't beat the terrific location right on Taos Plaza.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Great Food, very friendly, nice Patio overlooking the Taos Plaza. Casual Atmosphere, great food with a good selection of Beer and Wine.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This restaurant came highly recommended so we decided to try it out. We were promptly seated and given menus. There was a variety of dishes to choose from. We quickly decided what we wanted to order. We waited and we waited and we waited. Fifteen minutes passed and no one brought us water or said we will be with you in a minute. It was the middle of the afternoon and not busy. I leaned over and asked the people at the table next to us if they had had a long wait. They said it took forever to order and to receive their food. At that point, we decided to get up and leave. Instantly a waiter approached us and apologized and said he was just coming to wait on us. I told him thank you but that we were leaving. He asked if I wanted to talk to the manager. I declined. This restaurant is very disorganized and I have a feeling what happened to us happens regularly especially after I read reviews after our experience. We went to another restaurant, received prompt service, and our food arrived quickly.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I have to admit we chose this restaurant because it was within walking distance of our hotel and because of it's setting on the plaza. Should have listened to the reviews.
Very disorganized from the start, nobody seemed in charge and nobody interested in seating us or. When we did get seated it was right next to a huge family group with small children. Children being children, they became restless and crying an loud. We asked to move to a quieter spot (there were plenty of openings) not 5 minutes after moving us the hostess seated a group of 8 adults right next us. These folks had all been sitting an drinking at the bar and were 10x noisier than the kids.
Needless to say I have no idea how my food was, didn't enjoy a minute of this place, I remember our server (Kayla) being easy going and friendly, at least she tried. But my initial feeling of disorganization never left. It seemed to take the staff 5 minutes to argue then ten minutes to do anything. Too bad