All reviews watering hole family suite water hole game drives wild dogs outdoor shower the reserve cold morning drives other guests ranger jacques his enthusiasm every meal watching animals herd of elephants white rhino entire family birthday cake
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

If you are thinking about visiting Tuningi - just do it!! You won't be disappointed.

We travelled with 2 kids (10 months and 3 years) and they are well set up to cater for young ones. There is a play area stacked with toys, a kiddies menu and kids under 6 will be taken on a separate small safari after Mum and Dad get back from their safari - there is a babysitting service. The people there are so friendly and loved taking care of our young ones.

The safaris themselves were excellent, we saw everything - except the elusive leopards, although one of the other groups did see a leopard - multiple times. I like that the game park only allows 3 vehicles around a particular animal at one time. I have heard that in Kruger there is no limit and animals can get surrounded by 20 odd cars (second hand info, I haven't been there myself). The guiding was informative and professional at all times. Cornelius would ask what we would like to see on each particular safari and always delivered (except for the leopards-but not from lack of trying!) On one drive we saw 11 rhino!

There is a large on site ware thing hole and on more than one occasion lunch was interrupted by the call "there is such and such at the waterhole!" and our lunch was duly covered over by the ever attentive wait staff. while we ohhhed and ahhhed at the elephants or giraffe.

The hospitality is so warm and welcoming we felt like we were leaving a group of friends when we departed. The food and service was simply amazing and the wine list extensive and very reasonably priced.

The rooms themselves were incredible, well appointed and well maintained and very private.

It was my wife's 40th birthday while we stayed there and they put on a birthday cake, bottle of bubbly in our room and decorated the bath with rose petals - all for no cost.

I cannot recommend this place enough, it is polished and professional yet warm, friendly and accommodating. We will be back for sure!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We had 4 nights here with a toddler and baby and loved every minute of it. Our room was amazing with the bush outlook and luxurious facilities and the staff were fantastic. They played with our toddler in the toy room and really seemed to enjoy doing that, often telling us to leave him there so we could sit and eat our meal. They went out of their way to make our stay memorable, especially on my birthday where a birthday cake was made for me and a bottle of champagne and rose pettles in the bath after dinner.
Our guide Cornelius was fantastic and did extra drives to accommodate us with young children. I can't say enough good things about our stay here, and the game viewing was fantastic

Room tip: Luxurious room, perfect Safari accomodation.
1  Thank EP_Aus
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Amazing experience from start to finish. The staff are beyond brilliant and super friendly (we loved Lolly, Future, Patrick and Jack the guide); the food totally delicious; the accommodation was wonderful and the experience was out of this world. I rarely do Trip Advisors but this trip so deserved it.
The safaris were totally brilliant, educational/informative and magical. The watering hole was addictive - watching animals coming in and out throughout the day. I felt like I was in the middle of a wildlife TV docu most of the time. All in all a top time and I'd highly rec it.

1  Thank mariaD8543DO
Reviewed 19 July 2017

A true safari lodge, one of the over twenty that are located in the Madikwe Game Reserve.
First tip. When you land in Johannesburg, opt for a transfer there by plane. It is more expensive, but the over 5 hours transfer by car seem never ending and the landscape becomes very nice only during the last two hours.
We were upgraded to the family suite close to the main lodge facilities. It was like a house with a kitchen, huge sitting area, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, and above all a spectacular terrace to which zebras and impalas got close every morning. Amazing furniture and amenities.
The food was very good, much, much above the standards we expected. Master chef style!
Heidi and all the staff made us feel at home during our staying. And then, it comes our ranger, Cornelius, a master of diplomacy against very demanding requests of some guests. We were alone on the jeep with him and without asking anything we ended up seeing the big five and more.
An unforgettable experience I recommend to anyone visiting South Africa.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Giovanni141967
Reviewed 15 July 2017

My family and I had the most amazing holiday withe the fabulous team and staff at Tuningi Safari Lodge! We saw so many animals (lions, elephants, zebra, cheetahs, wild dogs, rhinos etc etc) and every day with Cornelius was exciting and he made sure both the children and adults had a holiday we would never forget. The accommodation was luxurious, the food absolutely delicious and staff so special that we did not want to leave! Thank You so much Heidi, Gavin, Cornelius, Chantal and all the staff - we will definitely be back to see you all again.

Room tip: Can't get a bad room - all have great bush views.
Date of stay: July 2017