Lowest prices for your stay
R 10 780
Hotels.com
All reviews tree house bush camp eco hut game drives other guests full moon bush walk wonderful experience watering hole hot water bottles true bush experience outdoor shower three nights small camp down to earth after dark whole experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2015

We absolutely loved Umlani, the wildlife we saw in 4 days was amazing and the people were all fantastic. The food was exceptional. We couldn't wait for our next game drive and wished we could have stayed longer - we will be back!

This is not roughing it, even though there is no electricity (other than for charging batteries) the rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. I honestly preferred the lack of electricity, it was very peaceful. From the lunch deck we saw giraffes, elephants and antelope.

On our safari drives we saw lions, leopards, buffalo, giraffes, all kinds of antelope, elephants and so much more. Sadly we did not see a rhino but it is just luck to see them. We did see them in Kruger though.

Over all I highly recommend Umlani and will be back.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mokeweb
Schiess, Owner at Umlani Bushcamp in Greater Kruger, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

Thank you for your wonderful recommendation and review on Tripadvisor . I really like your like your title " best 4 days of our lives " hopefully the Rhino's will reward you on your return visit :)

all the best Marco

Reviewed 26 May 2015

My family and friends were there in January. I didn't know what to expect, but once we arrived we felt so welcome by the staff and by nature. The experience will stay in my mind forever, just as my first time in Machu Picchu has withstood the 40 years of memories. It's a mystical experience made possible by the expert safari guides, staff at the bush camp, the surrounding beauty, and comfortable accommodations. Did not miss any of the electronic gadgets that surround my every day life in the States.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gincarter
Schiess, Owner at Umlani Bushcamp in Greater Kruger, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Thank you for your great review of Umlani we (the team) are pleased you appreciated your stay with us. And that your experience of Umlani will stay in your mind forever. Its a great honour that you compared it to a visit to Muchu Picchu. I would like to some day visit Muchu Picchu to.
All the best Marco

Reviewed 25 May 2015

I spent three days at Umlani and didn't want to leave!! I loved every minute of it, the game drives, the food, the hospitality, the accommodation, the pools - the wild animals roaming around - it was the experience of a lifetime. Given the opportunity, I'll be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

thank you for your lovely review , good to hear it was the highlight of your trip and that you loved every minute and want to come back. We would love to have you come back for another visit . best regards Marco

Reviewed 23 May 2015

4 days safari in Umlani was beyond my expectations. Thank you to all the staff for your hospitality. I really enjoyed my all-too-short visit to Umlani. I'm thrilled to had a chance to “sample” your little piece of Africa – something I never dreamed would happen. Your place, people, animals, food … just fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble. The quality and attention to detail in the accommodation, food, game drives was exceptional. Just make a booking and be picked up from the airport and don't worry about a thing - just enjoy the experience. Up close and personal with lots of wildlife. Experienced trackers and guides. Limited numbers keeps it more intimate and personal. Highly recommend this camp.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you very much for reviewing Umlani and for highly recommending us to others .I am very pleased you had an unforgettable experience beyond your expectations. We hope to see you back some time soon :)
best regards Marco

great food
perfect rooms
treehouse of my dreams
hot outdoor showers
a light air in an elegant soace
miss it already.
spend 2 nights here after a nearby retreat.
had moments of divine connections with nature and animals.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your review of Umlani happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had some divine connections with animals and nature. all the best Marco