Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
eDreams
R 10 780
All reviews tree house bush camp eco hut game drives other guests full moon bush walk wonderful experience watering hole hot water bottles true bush experience outdoor shower three nights small camp down to earth after dark whole experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2015

My family and friends were there in January. I didn't know what to expect, but once we arrived we felt so welcome by the staff and by nature. The experience will stay in my mind forever, just as my first time in Machu Picchu has withstood the 40 years of memories. It's a mystical experience made possible by the expert safari guides, staff at the bush camp, the surrounding beauty, and comfortable accommodations. Did not miss any of the electronic gadgets that surround my every day life in the States.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gincarter
Schiess, Owner at Umlani Bushcamp in Greater Kruger, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2015

Thank you for your great review of Umlani we (the team) are pleased you appreciated your stay with us. And that your experience of Umlani will stay in your mind forever. Its a great honour that you compared it to a visit to Muchu Picchu. I would like to some day visit Muchu Picchu to.
All the best Marco

Reviewed 25 May 2015

I spent three days at Umlani and didn't want to leave!! I loved every minute of it, the game drives, the food, the hospitality, the accommodation, the pools - the wild animals roaming around - it was the experience of a lifetime. Given the opportunity, I'll be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

thank you for your lovely review , good to hear it was the highlight of your trip and that you loved every minute and want to come back. We would love to have you come back for another visit . best regards Marco

Reviewed 23 May 2015

4 days safari in Umlani was beyond my expectations. Thank you to all the staff for your hospitality. I really enjoyed my all-too-short visit to Umlani. I'm thrilled to had a chance to “sample” your little piece of Africa – something I never dreamed would happen. Your place, people, animals, food … just fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble. The quality and attention to detail in the accommodation, food, game drives was exceptional. Just make a booking and be picked up from the airport and don't worry about a thing - just enjoy the experience. Up close and personal with lots of wildlife. Experienced trackers and guides. Limited numbers keeps it more intimate and personal. Highly recommend this camp.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you very much for reviewing Umlani and for highly recommending us to others .I am very pleased you had an unforgettable experience beyond your expectations. We hope to see you back some time soon :)
best regards Marco

great food
perfect rooms
treehouse of my dreams
hot outdoor showers
a light air in an elegant soace
miss it already.
spend 2 nights here after a nearby retreat.
had moments of divine connections with nature and animals.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your review of Umlani happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had some divine connections with animals and nature. all the best Marco

Reviewed 3 May 2015

My husband and I recently spent 4 wonderful nights at Umlani. From our first contact (with Nanette) to our last moment at the camp, we were thoroughly spoilt by every member of staff. We loved our thatched-roof hut with oil lamps, shower under the stars and animals/birds just outside.

Thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our Ranger and Spotter (who was in the line of many spider webs and prickly bushes), we got up close to the most elusive animals - lions, white lionesses, cheetah mum with cubs, leopards etc etc on our morning and afternoon game drives. Morning coffee and sundowner drinks 'in the wild' topped off the experience.

We were treated to 3 fantastic meals every day, with lunch and dinner being heralded in with the rhythmic beating of the drum. We were very privileged to have bobotjie for our last lunch at the camp (thank you cook for changing days for us)! Must have been frustrating for the staff when the monkeys upset the breakfast cereal, but this only added to our Africa experience.

Marco, Nanette, Joana and Karin attended to every detail of our stay and we loved it when they joined us at meal times and shared their Africa with us. We also felt very special when we were the first to walk on the freshly raked path to our hut after the morning game drive - thanks to the ground staff for this!

It was lovely to lap up all the wonderful things Umlani had to offer, but if you can also give back a little something, it will add a whole new level to your experience. Thank you Umlani - don't change a thing!

Room tip: Every hut in this bush camp is fantastic.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Glenda U

Wow thank you for your detailed review we appreciate it very much we (the team) are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and for the wonderful recommendation to other safari seekers. The Bobotjie lunch is also my favorite lunch. All the best Marco