All reviewschef ryanbush breakfastoutdoor showerwatering holegame drivesour honeymoontent experiencedry river bedthe riverincredible foodwild dogsevery mealtheir handswhite lionmorning drivewater holethe main lodge
Reviewed 14 May 2015

Hats off to the entire staff at Tanda Tula Safari Camp. They know how to run a camp with the 6 AM Game Drive and the 4:00 PM Game Drive. Tracker Sam and Guide Dan are outstanding and we saw the Big 5 within 24 hours of arriving. Four couples in their late 60's or early 70's and we ALL agreed this was one of our finest vacations ever. Our compliments to Chef Ryan...his heart and soul are in his work and his creations for lunch and dinner are magnificent ! Of course let's not forget our dedicated bartenders , Harry and Smiling! Our four nights and game drives will be in our memory banks forever. Our Guide Dan was a wealth of knowledge and a very nice person to know. Thank you Rothschild Safaris in Denver, Colorado for arranging this wonderful vacation for our group of four couples.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lewrobert
Reviewed 13 May 2015

I cannot recommend Tanda Tula enough. They are the perfect balance between camping in the wild and civilization. The staff is welcoming, friendly and always willing to help. The grounds are very well kept and we loved walking from our "tent" to the lobby and seeing animals walking around minding their business. The food is AMAZING. Chef Ryan is a mastermind in the kitchen. He prepared gluten free options for me and always made sure I knew which things were GF and not. There is Wi-Fi in the lobby, but I chose to keep my phone turned off and enjoy 5 days of peace and quiet. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace during our stay; it was definitely the best, most relaxing vacation I've ever been on.

The guides and trackers are all fantastic. We really enjoyed watching them work. They are masters of their craft and know when to relax and let nature come to you instead of chasing them. We had Brendan as our guide, and I could not be happier with how our trip went.

I cannot wait to visit Tanda Tula again in the future!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2015

Our 3 night stay at Tanda Tula was excellent from start to finish. Just enough attention to make you feel at home but not so much as to be overwhelming. We have been to a lot of safari lodges (I mean a LOT) and Tanda Tula remains a firm favourite. Accommodation is fabulous and of course the food and service was excellent, but it's the high quality of guiding that really stands out. Our guide Civilised and tracker Jack were keen to show us the smaller things as well as the Big 5 and they were almost more excited than us when we spotted a lone wild dog - a huge surprise to us all. That level of enthusiasm and interest really comes across and makes the whole experience very special indeed. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There is one room is near the main building that has a slope rather than steps so is ideal for anyone who is not too steady on their pins.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JCTW2015
Reviewed 25 April 2015

Our stay at Thanda Tula was absolutley amazing in every way. We stayed 3 nights as part of an incredible, unique, family holiday in South Africa, hand crafted specifically for us by Alex at www.extraordinary-africa.com ( who I would highly recommend). The location of Thanda Tula is perfect, overlooking a river bed on one side and a water hole on the other, adjacent to the swimming pool. The tented accomodation is superb, definitely high standard Glamping. The staff are attentive, friendly and fun making life at the lodge and on the fantastic game drives a real pleasure. And finally the 'piece de resittance' - fantastic food created and served by Ryan, their very talented chef who not only delighted my husband and I with every meal but also one vegetarian teenager and 2 fussy eating teenagers ! Just go there !

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank JanLawford
Reviewed 23 April 2015

This was our first 2 nights of our family Safari holiday and we were welcomed in true bush hospitality with cold drinks and fresh hand towels. Our ranger Foremen and tracker Given were both very knowlegable and ensured were saw Big 5 and shared a lot of their knowledge with us. The bush breakfast and bush walk were welcomed extras that other lodges don't do. The remoteness of the location ensure that you feel you are in the bush yet all amenities and meals excellent! Meals were great and Ryan and his team even baked a birthday cake for a guest celebration. The water bottles given is a good move towards moving away from bottled water which is great. The resident Nyala, warthog and waterhole is Thanks to the team - we loved every minute of our stay!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family