Simbavati River Lodge
Kambaku Safari Lodge(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Amanzimlotzi Riverside Bush Camp(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$13
Pitchup.com
Tanda Tula Safari Camp(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Motswari Private Game Reserve(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Kings Camp(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
TripAdvisor
Shindzela Tented Camp(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
TripAdvisor
Simbavati Hilltop Lodge(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Geiger's Camp - Motswari Private Game Reserve(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Machaton Private Camp(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
TripAdvisor
Royal Legend Safari Lodge & Spa(Timbavati Private Nature Reserve)
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily chaletluxury tentsgame driveswalked rightmain deckwatch animalssafari experiencetimbavati reservebuffet stylekruger parkwild dogsgreat safarian amazing experiencethe managersprivate reserveoutdoor showerour night stay
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I am in my 80's and if I live to 100 or more I doubt if I will ever have an experience like my trip to Simbavati River Lodge..I have been many awesome places in my life but this place has to be in the top few!!! The guide (Kruger) and the tracker ( Vincent) were beyond the beyond. I saw not only the big 5 but at least 5 more big ones, Many mid ones and even some small ones,, This experience was more than super. I hope that anyone who is interested in this outstanding lodge has the same luck, good fortune, blessings or whatever you might call this amazing time that I experienced.. Many thanks to the staff for their input to my time at the reserve..Wonder if Robert's group(recent review)saw the same elephants that came to lunch during my days..Go if you are able.. Make whatever plans are possible but do not miss the chance to see and experience a safari in this area..

Room Tip: Tents (so luxurious) are wonderful..Family accomodations are most likely as nice.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Excellent , unexpected . Really nice location , great people working there , very good service from the moment you arrive to when you depart .
Very good game viewing , Rustic by luxury tents .
Really worth visiting

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Our party of six spent three nights at the River Lodge and it was a hit and miss.

Overall
It worked well, we loved the game drives and saw lots of great game. They cater and take young kids so another huge plus. The service was fantastic and the staff really delivers. Well done.

However, the resort is tired and in need of an update. The rooms are sub par. The price adjusted experience not great. If you don’t have kids then their are many better alternatives. It’s a 3 1/2 stars but I defaulted to four because three would be unfair.

Some Excellent
The staff was fantastic. They worked to make you feel welcome, they try to service you and make it a memorable stay. The game guide and tracker worked to be informative and find you game. This was really the highlight of our stay and really the most important reason on why you do a safari.
They cater to families and do a nice job. If you have young kids, we had a 5yr old, they uncharge to a private vehicle. It’s expensive but I agree with the policy.

Some Good
The food was simple, limited in choice but quiet good. It’s below what I expected and at their price point. The wine list a little limited and should have been better.

Some Average
The rooms are old. They are in good shape but the family chalet is really just two bedrooms and a bathroom. Again, at their price point you expect a living or sitting room at a minimum.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This place is awesome. The rooms are very nice, the main lodge is a great place to relax, and the staff is very helpful. A herd of 30 elephants walked right up to us while we were eating breakfast one morning, so cool! The highlight of the stay was our guide, Mbongeni, he was so friendly, knowledgeable, and fun. Highly recommended!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

What an amazing experience Simbavarti have us. The safari rides were wonderful, we saw everything we could have wished for. The guide very knowledgeable and passionate. All the staff at the lodge were wonderful, so welcoming and accommodating. The food was exceptional and plenty of it. Loved every minute. Would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple