All reviews southern camp luxury suite game drives safari experience the reserve family suite private pool high tea singing and dancing buffet style ranger mike bush walk south africa morning drive natural environment walking safari amazing experience
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Kapama Game Preserve is a rustic place by design, so don’t expect a television and telephone. But, if you're ok without "luxury", you'll have a dream vacation.The beds are a bit hard and there’s a small cupboard for clothes, with a safe. But the rest of the amenities are in place. The air conditioning is very good. Sliding doors lead to a small patio off the room with chairs that face onto the “bush”. The bathroom is great, with a double sink, separate shower and a tub next to the window looking out into the bush. If you have a hip problem, be advised that the toiled is situated quite low. The lighting in the room is fairly poor. There’s coffee service, a refrigerator and hair dryer. There is plentiful food—they feed you about 7 times a day!—it’s served buffet style but it’s quite salty. You do eat outdoors and you will see a few flies. But, we just loved the place and saw every possible type of animal. We saw no mosquitos in October. There our some hours to relax between the morning and night drives and for that there’s a really nice pool and bar. I could've done without the night drives totally, since you can't see much and if you do, you can't get a photo. It's chilly in the morning and at night, so layer.

Room Tip: they're all the same
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carolyn B
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

The room is carefully designed and very beautiful!
Meals are good with lot of options, even glúten free meals and snacks.
The staff is always smiling and willing to help.
The safaris are awesome, the tracker and the ranger are very prepared to guaranttee very good times and the best views.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, impeccable and exclusive service. the safari was perfect and Lucia, the best of all the rangers.
the weather can change and it is better to be prepared for the cold, although the jeeps have blankets, poncho and make a stop for a hot chocolate

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Raffinha
Reviewed 2 November 2017

I REALY REALLY did not like this hotel. The administrative staff was NOT friendly and they were greedy. The help staff seem unhappy and fearful. One evening I was trying to get email so I was in area near the bar. I tried to talk to the bartender who seemed genuinely afraid to have a conversation with me. When you are out on the safari trucks, they charge you for water! One day 9 of the people on my tour wanted to go to the town (as there was nothing to do from 10-4 in between safaris (pool was ice cold) which was only 10 minutes away and they charged us each $25.00. The entire common area of the hotel is open and so there is no AC. Since eating and serving areas are also in the open flies are on the food. The Only good thing I have to say about this hotel was my safari guide Harry was knowledgeable and friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Laindabell
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just left this camp and we already are planning our next trip back! Philip and adolf were INCREDIBLE for all of our drives and taught us so much! Philip allowed us to see all of the big 5 including a leopard 4 times! The entire staff made our first time in Africa completely comfortable (plus we were well fed the entire time!) can't recommend this place enough!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple