Camp Jabulani
Kapama River Lodge(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
US$802
US$777
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Kapama Karula(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
US$2 421
Kapama Southern Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
US$1 019
Travelocity
SUN1 Pretoria(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
US$47
Hotels.com
Fortis Hotel Capital(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
US$108
Morning Star Express Hotel(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$79
US$64
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Kapama Buffalo Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsendangered specieselephant experienceplunge poolchef alexevery mealgame driveswine cellarwild elephantssuspension bridgethe main lodgefelt like homelove elephantsthe entire staffonce in a lifetimedry river bedlife changing experienceamazing experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Our first experience of Africa....magical!!!! Under the expert guidance of ranger Dohan we were lucky to view the big five in under 24 hours....plus so much more. Three days of discovery, adventure and education...more than we could have imagined. Our daughter Nellie was welcomed with open arms and recognized for her anti ivory campaigning efforts. Her time spent with Chloe has truly inspired her to pursue her dreams. The wonderful meals were as spectacular as the scenery, served by the charismatic Songs. Thank you to all, Schalks included and particularly the elephants, for a life changing experience.....we will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Had a great time learned a lot about wildlife...............highly recommend the elephant experience....including the establishment unhesitatingly...............catered for our dietary requirements which we throughly enjoyed

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Invites by our friends we stayed at Camp Jabulani. Reception, the food, the game drives, the rooms with beautiful views and not to forget the excellent service and friendlyness- we enjoyed it very much.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I stayed at Camp Jabulani for four nights after dreaming of it and saving for it for years. Even with all that anticipation, it still exceeded my imagination in every way possible. The lodge itself is stunning – pictures don’t do it justice. It’s spacious and elegant, but somehow still instantly feels like home. The room was beautiful, well-stocked, and peaceful. We saw a variety of animals from the main lodge, our room, and the walks between the two.

From the moment we arrived, the entire staff blew me away with their hospitality, warmth, and attention to detail. I felt nothing but welcomed and taken care of at every moment. There were thoughtful surprises seemingly every day. I came for the elephants and I had expected the luxury, but the sense of family took me by surprise. It was obvious early on that each staff member was chosen not only for their incomparable talent and knowledge, but for the truly genuine, vibrant, kind people they all are.

Our chefs, Zandrie and Alex, were masters of their craft and consistently prepared some of the best meals I’ve ever eaten, while always catering to our preferences. Our waiters Isaac and Songs seemed to anticipate what we’d want before we ever knew we wanted it. Songs lit up every room he walked into and his zest for life was contagious, we were always laughing when he was around. Management and housekeeping were all wonderful to be around. I feel blessed to have met you all!

I'm forever grateful to our guide, Dean, for sharing the beauty of this place with us. His skill and knowledge are tremendous and his passion for the subject made every encounter unbelievably special. The thrill of watching a lioness with her cubs at a kill over several days was an indescribable experience, but he also took the time to show us the magic of the little things...jumping beans, glowing scorpions, aging chameleons. He was full of surprises that took our breath away and "tricks" that made us laugh. I can't thank him enough. We were also joined by Jason, new to this lodge, but with his own wealth of knowledge and experience. He was equally charismatic, attentive, and funny, and they both brought so much to the game drives, I couldn't have asked for more.

Then, there are the elephants. They are magnificent, spirited, and most importantly, very loved. Being among them is a moving and inspiring experience, I couldn't get enough. Watching them play in the water every day was a highlight of the trip, it's impossible to wipe the smile off your face as they swim and play together. The hardships they have each been through are extraordinary, and seeing their success now as they have built these relationships with each other and their caretakers is humbling. Tigere's love for them is immense, and I loved listening to him talk about each elephant's personality and why they do the things they do.

I could go on and on. I fell in love with this place, these people, this cause, and these elephants. What was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime trip" has instead left me desperately trying to find a way to come back as soon as possible. The only downside is that it's impossible to leave with your whole heart... once you've been here, you'll miss it forever.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jccruz0215
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We had a family trip back in August 2017. Camp Jabulani is amazing...the elephants are unique, and the other big animals can be seen here as well. Our guide was so knowledgeable and added so much to the experience. The smaller animals are amazing as well. HESC conservation efforts are impressive. The food was so good, and the rooms luxurious.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family