All reviews endangered species elephant experience chef alex plunge pool every meal wild elephants game drives wine cellar the entire staff humbling experience dry river bed amazing experience special experience the reserve excellent care this wonderful place drive times
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We had a family trip back in August 2017. Camp Jabulani is amazing...the elephants are unique, and the other big animals can be seen here as well. Our guide was so knowledgeable and added so much to the experience. The smaller animals are amazing as well. HESC conservation efforts are impressive. The food was so good, and the rooms luxurious.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017

I took my sister for her 60th birthday and we were like 2 little girls again!
The adventure of a lifetime! Lovely people, delicious food and beautiful animals! It was Heaven on Earth!
The staff was beyond accommodating in EVERY way.
The student chef even made the most beautiful birthday cake for my sister. There were sweet little notes written and left every night by our bedside. We had the coolest guide EVER! Our main waiter for every meal, whose name was Songs, was just THAT; a beautiful and kind and lovely person who brightened our day from the beginning starting with breakfast. Everyone was amazing.
I can't be more thankful for my experience there; it was life changing. I look forward to the day I can return. Thank you, Jabulani!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Camp Jabulani was the epic ending to my life dream of visiting South Africa. From the arrival of Dean standing at the airport to greet me, and the only one that looked the part of a safari guide. To Wilma and Brenda greeting me at the parking area. To Betty (that's her new name) showing me my room, except how to turn off the bar lights....LOL To Song always stealing my stuff off the table when I ate (just ask him) great person, same for the other Butlers. The maids, who maintain my room and the cleaning of the lodge, who I had the joy to joke with. Percy, putting me to sleep in my 90 minute massage. To Chef Alex and his other Chefs for giving me culinary experience I'll not soon forget. To Tiger and his handlers, the love shown to the Elephants was so true. Last of all, back to Dean. Great guide, expert, knowledgeable and can see things in the dark. Thank you for making my dream a reality.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This was a return trip to SA, but our first time at Camp Jabulani. There are many game reserves/safaris to choose in the Kruger/Kapama area and we have stayed at several of them. However, our (too short) time at Camp Jabulani was absolutely exquisite; Wilma, Obert(sp?), Songs, and Dohan(sp?) immediately and authentically built positive relationships with us, and maintained a professional yet intimate camaraderie throughout our stay. It is not an easy business model (conservancy/rehabilitation of elephants combined with luxurious accommodations and culinary offerings), yet the team at Camp Jabulani achieves the balance and does it with passion, intelligence and charm. Simply put, Camp Jabulani is not to be missed

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We spent 3days at camp jabulani. Our ranger, Andre was extremely knowledgeable about the animals. He tailored our visit to our wishes. We saw far more than we expected.
The food was fantastic. Several members of our group had food allergies. They were accommodated very nicely.
The rooms were luxurious.
The staff was polite,kind,and very well trained.
There is not a single thing I would have changed, except perhaps to have stayed a bit longer.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends