“PERFECT stay at TREMISANA! - VIVA SAFARIS”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balule Nature Reserve
Tremisana Game Lodge
Reviewed 28 March 2015

We stayed at TREMISANA GAME LODGE for a 5 day safari and fell in LOVE with the place!

VIVA SAFARIS and TREMISANA give you EXCELLENT value for money, with a clean, comfortable and unique room - which, to our delight also had air conditioning! (something which we dread living without in the african landscape!) The bathroom was clean, neat and well appointed, with a shower (that WORKS), a toilet, and basin.
The lodge also features unique AFRICAN DECOR pieces, and it suits the surroundings so well, one might think you’re on a movie set! Whenever I felt just a little too secluded from my city life, I ventured to the lobby area, where TREMISANA thoughtfully provides FREE WIFI, so I could reconnect with my social life, and brag about our SAFARI experience!
All of the staff, especially the manageress Delina went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home.  Breakfast was a tasty spread, featuring fresh ingredients and a homely feel, and we thoroughly loved the informal dinner BBQ in the bush – a great way to meet the other guests and share the day’s experiences with one another. The gardens are beautiful, with a sparkling swimming pool, the PERFECT place to cool down and unwind after a long day in the bush.

TREMISANA LODGE is situated in the BALULE SECTION of the KRUGER NATIONAL PARK, this is a private game reserve, sharing unfenced borders with the KRUGER NATIONAL PARK, and is a part of the NEW GREATER KRUGER NATIONAL PARK, and VIVA SAFARIS provides both morning and sunset game drives, as well as a full day in the Kruger on open game viewing vehicles.
Their guides are both friendly and knowledgeable – you really feel like they put their heart and soul into it and are very passionate about what they do. I loved hearing our guide Luke’s stories about the animals and all the things you can learn from their dung and footprints and detecting where they might be.
We had excellent sightings and I was able to tick off 4 of the big 5, as well as many other interesting animals (that elusive Leopard, hopefully one day I will actually get to see one on our next Kruger game drive).
We would definitely stay at TREMISANA LODGE again and would absolutely recommend the VIVA SAFARIS experience to others.

Room Tip: Remember your sunscreen and binoculars! You don't want to miss a thing!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Meredith H
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Tremisana Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Hi Meredith

WOW !!!

Thanks for a fantastic review !!!

We are very happy that you rate VIVA SAFARIS and TREMISANA LODGE as " EXCELLENT".

We are pleased that you enjoyed all our facilities, décor and WIFI.

Delina will be very grateful that you appreciated all she did, especially her cooking. We are always pleased to receive reports that our guides are friendly, knowledgeable and passionate.

Pity you missed the leopard. We do this on purpose so that you have to come again !! LOL !!

Seriously, we would love to see you again - thanks for a brilliant review .

Reviewed 24 March 2015

This lodge is a perfect combination of comfort and a taste of the wild.
The garden is well maintained and all sorts of birds and animals run around in the bush. My room was nice and clean and the staff there are very helpful.
The only shortfall is that it's a little far from the park. -- Well it's right by the park but the closest entrance is about 40,50 minutes drive away. So we ended up spending a lot of time driving to and from the park. Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AnnalovesNYC
Reviewed 24 March 2015

Feb 2015. Party of 4 (two mature couples). Frequent visitors to South Africa, first time to Kruger. Took the 4 day safari. Because there were two couples, we booked the Guest House, which was icing on the cake. Selected this lodge because it is away from a lot of the managed game farms in the south of kruger.
Long transfer from J/burg, but well handled with lunches pre-ordered at a very nice midway stop. Stopped overnight in J/burg at MoAfrica on advice from Viva. MoAfrica has a poor approach, but a lovely homely overnight stop at a very reasonable price. Viva collected us at 9.30 the following day.
I could write a book about this visit, but suffice to say, the host Kim was brilliant, the lodge is just perfect, clean and food good. Lovely rooms, all the guides were excellent and very knowledgeable. Cannot complement them enough, especially Luke who was our guide through Orpen Gate into the park.
To Summerise. Everything we expected and more. Good value, keep it that way, it is bound to attract more business. We all felt that it was well worth the extra travel to get to the natural Bush lands.
We have taken safari's in Kenya and Tanzania, and this was just as good.

Room Tip: No Wifi in room, but free in the bar area.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neverhome63

Hi there

It is so, so very pleasing to know that you rate your safari with VIVA SAFARIS " just as good " as safaris you have undertaken in Kenya and Tanzania !!

Adjectives you use such as " brilliant", " perfect" , " lovely " and "excellent" are absolutely wonderfully pleasing to receive.

We are really grateful that you believe that you received " everything it promised" and we assure you that we certainly will keep it that way - we pride ourselves in offering the very best value for money safaris to Kruger Park.

Reviewed 26 February 2015

I had a wonderful 4 day/3night safari at Tremisana Game Lodge. The staff could not have been more helpful, and the guides were exceptional. In total, I did five expeditions out from the Lodge during my stay and they were all great experiences, allowing me to see and photograph almost all of the Big 5 and many other animals as well. The pick-up from and delivery back to Johannesburg Airport was smooth and trouble-free.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
7  Thank Rita L

Hi Rita

Thanks for a GREAT SAFARI REVIEW !!

We are especially pleased that you found the staff " could not have been more helpful " and that our guides were "exceptional ".

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the safari and that the transfers were "trouble-free".

Reviewed 10 February 2015

I have meant to review Tremisana and Mark's Treehouse Lodge since my experience there in September of 2013. The lodging staff, owner, manager (Bongani), safari drivers and trackers did a great job. I was greeted by Bongani and given a private ride to Balule reserve when I transferred from my other Safari experience based out of Skukuza Rest Camp. Bongani went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure I had everything I needed to enjoy my stay and checked with me periodically to check on my experience at the lodges.

The accommodations were excellent for the price paid and meals were satisfying and well done. I was with Tremisana and Mark's Treehouse lodge for about 8 days. The owner contacted me personally numerous times over my stay to ensure that I was satisfied with the activities and lodging. I was given the flexibility to tailor my safari experience and participate in available activities that suited my wishes and schedule. This level of attention and flexibility should not be expected by all visitors as I understand I was staying with them for much longer than most people on Safari and they wanted to ensure that I could participate in my preferred activities. I even had enough time to spend a day by the pool at Tremisana. The safari schedule involves early pre- dawn starts and some night drives so setting aside a day to chill by the pool was appreciated. Rye managed the lodge and made sure that special meals were available when I was the only person who stayed at the lodge for the day.

At Mark's Treehouse Lodge, the tall treehouse that I stayed in had a great bathroom down at ground level that provides a great open- air star gazing experience for night showers! The outdoor shower certainly added to the ambience and experience. Both properties are as expected for the price, with Tremisana being more comfortable and with great character while Mark's Treehouse Lodge has spectacular rustic character that is most likely comfortable enough for most fussy travelers (at least those with a penchant for luxury camping type accommodations).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank Pvaldig
VivaSafaris, General Manager at Tremisana Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2015

Hi there

Thanks for a wonderfully detailed and superb review !! Wow !!

We are thrilled to know that you hold all our staff from lodge staff, owner, managers, guides, trackers in high esteem.
Bongani will be so pleased to know how much you appreciated his efforts.

We are pleased that our flexibility was well received. We are glad that you were afforded the opportunities to participate in your preferred activities.

I am particularly pleased that, even on the day you choose to relax at our pool all alone, you were professionally handled and that Rai was attentive to your needs.

We are pleased also to read that you enjoyed the rustic atmosphere at Marc's Treehouse Lodge - we agree that even the fussiest traveller will be blown away by the "spectacular rustic character " of this unique camp.

Thanks for a comprehensive review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Balule Nature Reserve
Kapama Karula
#1 of 4 in Kapama Private Game Reserve
5,8 km away
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Cam...
#3 of 22 in Balule Nature Reserve
1 094 reviews
10,8 km away
Rio Dos Elefantes River Camp
Rio Dos Elefantes River Camp
#16 of 22 in Balule Nature Reserve

Been to Tremisana Game Lodge? Share your experiences!