My wife and I stayed for four nights at Tintswalo during our honeymoon in October 2016. We had an absolutely amazing time. We felt well cared for the entire time, and going out on safari with head guide and head of lodge operations Alistair was amazing. His knowledge of the animals, the ecosystem, and the people of the surrounding areas was encyclopedic. Alistair drives with his ranger partner Alfie, whose eyes were shocking... his ability to spot animals in the bush was phenomenal.
This lodge was perfect for a romantic experience as its size (not extremely large), and the fact that Tintswalo limits its game drives to no more than 6 guests per vehicle, made the whole experience feel extremely intimate. The lodge itself feels like you're staying in a close friend's well-appointed home, it's cozy, well appointed, and comfortable. Every staff member we interacted with with friendly and polite. The price of a stay here is significantly more reasonable than at other similar types of lodges, but that doesn't come at the expense of the quality or experience.
A hard thing to get a sense for in choosing a safari lodge is, beyond the quality of the hotel itself and its luxury amenities, the quality of the game drives which is the real reason you're there. Tintswalo is set in Manyeleti Reserve which is a huge private reserve shared with only one other lodge. The vehicles can offroad to follow animals and the park is not fenced in so animals can roam freely. You never know what you might see, which led to some incredible and unusual sightings. We saw all of the big five in 4 days, plus some extremely rare sightings including wild dogs and pangolins. On these 'harder to know in advance' qualities, we didn't know either and simply got lucky. But take it from us you will be so glad you chose to stay at Tintswalo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private safari lodge within the pristine Manyeleti reserve adjoining the Fenceless boundary of the Kruger National Park. Private plunge pools, big 5 game, amazing cuisine. Manor house can take children with a fantastic children's program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Tintswalo Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tintswalo Hotel Manyeleti Game Reserve
- Tintswalo Kruger National Park