All reviews game viewing safari experience guide joel the river sabi sands breakfast in the bush wild dogs colonial style skukuza airport the main lodge off road boma dinner south africa leopard sightings rooms are comfortable black rhino wonderful experience
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Hard to know where to begin-andBeyond is an extremely professional organization and our trip was as close to perfect as you can get. We were met at the airport and every detail of the trip went beyond our expectations. We stayed 4 nights in Cape Town and 4 nights at Kirkman's and not sure there are enough superlatives to describe it. Every staff member welcomed us to the Kamp as if we were long, lost friends. The lodge and rooms have the old safari charm but were beautifully appointed. We loved to sit on our porch after the morning drive-the beauty and peace were simply amazing. We were fortunate to have the best guide and trackers with Josh, Chester, and Jerry and even had private drives on our last two days. Josh was so personable and so knowledgeable-he taught us so much and made us feel like family. Breakfast in the bush, happy hour with the hippos, and Jerry's "special special" were all exceptional, but the highlight of the experience were the drives. We saw the big 5 many times over and had unbelievable encounters with the leopards after a kill, an elephant pool party, and the rare black rhino. The food and the personalized service from Thomas was outstanding. Our room was extremely clean and laundry was cleaned and folded daily-impeccable. We were sad to leave our "family" at Kirkman's but will return again some day.

Room tip: The rooms farther away from main lodge have great views of the river from the porches.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank junegraney
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent experience !! Their willingness to make us happy and the exotic location made experience unforgettable. Wild animals right around the property made it special. Ricci our guide gets ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ A breakfast in the bush was totally unexpected. Great staff!! Will go again.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

On our visit to South Africa we stayed at Kirkman’s kamp. What not to recommend in this place ? Nothing . Every thing was , par-excellence here . Location most amazing. Safari excellent and well planned. We never imagined in wildest dreams we would see wild dogs and that could happen here . Thanks to our ranger Ricci . Leopard sightings and following the cub and mother into the far boundaries of the lodge grounds ,where we were staying ,was another exciting moments for us . At night after sunset, while we were still out on safari , our ranger stopped the Jeep and gave us the most amazing pleasure to see the night sky . I am in short of words to describe how beautiful our sky looked . Everything about this place is worth experiencing . Chef who made tasty , yummy , finger licking food made with love could be felt here. In all, I think I felt at home in Kirkman’s Kamp and would love to visit it again .

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tina25patel
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My very first safari was Kirkmans Kamp. There really are not enough wonderful adjectives to describe this wonderful camp and it’s employees. From the moment one steps on the property you are treated like royalty. When I left I felt like family. I love this place. Thank you Robert and Joel for making my first safari the best safari ever. Hopefully I will be back next year with my granddaughter❤️

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BlytheCayucos_CA
Reviewed 13 June 2018

My husband and I stayed two nights here and LOVED it! The staff goes above and beyond. We were very lucky to see the Big 5 and more(Thanks Josh and Chester!). We hope to return in the future and visit other &Beyond properties.

1  Thank 22Saha22