Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews paraffin lamps bush camp game drives family run lodge sabi sands other guests outdoor shower safari experience watering hole hot bath skukuza airport evening drive wild dogs greater kruger amazing experience every meal south africa
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent, exceeded our expectations. All the staff were very attentive and friendly. We highly recommend a stay here, this lodge was recommended by family members and we were not disappointed. The game drives and bush walk were fascinating.

Date of stay: March 2024
Reviewed 11 March 2024

Bottom line up front...book this lodge! Wow...what an incredible stay at Notten's! The customer service/experience is absolutely top notch. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The meals are delectable. The drivers/trackers are knowledgeable and fun. Pool is gorgeous. Animals are plentiful. Everything you'd want in a bush camp experience...and then little touches from the staff around every corner to make it even more special. Highly recommend!!

Date of stay: March 2024
1  Thank Southmansion
Reviewed 8 January 2024 via mobile

If you are looking for a fantastic safari experience, but also wish to still enjoy modern-society comforts, Notten’s is definitely the go-to place!

Safari experience is fantastic. They managed to show me the big 5 in a very short period of time. Ranger and field guide are extremely experienced. The car is also in perfect condition. It is cozy and comfortable. As Notten’s is located at the private reserve, you’ll be able to go off-road and spot animals more efficiently. Comparing to on-road at Kruger, private reserve is definitely way better! If I am going to do it again, private reserve would be the only choice to make.

Stuff also treated me with their hospitality and kindness. I travel extensively (50 countries so far) but the way they demonstrate their hospitality is rare to find. They treat you like an old friend and you feel that they care about you and really want you to feel comfortable at this place. You can also feel that they are proud of what they can offer.

The hotel facilities are great. Beds are super comfortable. Room is clean. Meals are well prepared. They fed me generously. After a long day in the field, sometimes you just wanna get back home and take a hot bath. What a surprise to find that they already put hot water in the bathtub! Very considerate and sweet.

Last but not least, impact traveling - if you want to make a good impact on this planet while you travel, choose this place. I get to know it is one of the very few family run hotel within Sabie area. You could get the sense that the owner treat all the employees very nicely and they are willing to give the best of themselves to treat you as a guest. It feels good to support business that run like this.

I have no hesitation to recommend all my friends to stay at this place. If you are looking for a place to do your safari, choose Notten’s.

Room tip: Remember to book in advance as it might get packed. I booked mine 3 months in advance for new year season. Also, don’t forget to tip.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2024 via mobile

What an outstanding lodge.
We couldn’t imagine any higher level of personnal service than we received at Nottens.
All the staff treated us like family.
The accommodation and other facilities were excellent and the food outstanding.
The rangers were incredibly knowledgable and the extra touches like sundowner drinks on the game drive made them even more memorable.
Couldn’t recommend any more highly and can’t wait to return.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2023

This was so much more than I expected. I was already excited to see the animals but the people at this camp were so wonderful I cried leaving. (I do not cry often!) The drivers, wait staff, room service were all spectacular. They treat you like family and will do whatever it takes to make EVERYONE happy. We saw every animal we could think of, what an experience! Now the food....OMG, 5 star! We had the most romantic night in our luxury villa. Rose peddles, champagne, dinner on the terrace, WOW. The only thing I wish I did different, was to stay longer. I will be back.

Room tip: Please don't forget to tip well. They truly work non stop and always have a smile.
Date of stay: September 2023