Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bush camp game drives sabi sands outdoor shower other guests watering hole safari experience baby rhino skukuza airport wild dogs spent nights every meal special experience south africa the main lodge magical place great sightings
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2021

From the moment we arrived at Nottens' Bush Camp everything was perfect. The staff are so friendly and make you feel so welcome, special attention was given to make our children feel at home and they were spoilt so much. The suites are lovely and the food is amazing! The service is excellent and I can honestly say that I have not experienced such hospitality before. We also saw incredible sightings on our game drive and the rangers went out of their way to always try their best to meet our expectations. They are friendly and well informed and always patient. We had the most awesome holiday and Nottens is truly a place I wish to visit again. I would recommend it to anyone who loves the African bush.

Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 12 October 2021

My husband and I absolutely loved everything about this magical place. Nottons Bush Camp made us feel like home, while at the same time keeping everything new, fresh and exciting. The food was spectacular! I have celiac disease, and the chef always made sure I had fresh gluten free options available for every meal. I never missed out on anything. I honestly ate better at Nottons, then I do back home. The wait staff are also amazing. I am not sure if, it is because we have all been so isolated with the pandemic, but the nottons staff reminded us how to feel welcomed and cared for, while making us feel safe. That honestly ment the world to us. Lastly, the wildlife!!!!!! So much wildlife! The game drives are miraculous. Different animals and drives everyday. We saw way to many to name, but the guides made certain that we saw all the big 5 and we also saw so many leopards, hyena, a hipo, and even Wild dog just to name a few. Even the wildlife at the camp was amazing! we had a massive lizard hanging out beside our deck when we first arrived. I also had a hyena run right by me while using the glorious outdoor shower. It even had rhino skin in its mouth! lastly, we had a water buck chilling outside our bathroom and back deck for a few hours. It did not mind us sitting out with it either. Pretty cool! To top this all off, we tried a walking safari, but only made it 10 minutes out of camp on foot when we stumbled into a pair of mating leopards! We had to slowly back away and head back for the Jeep, so we could watch from the safety of the jeep. lol. You are truly in leopard territory here. This was our favorite destination out of our whole Africa trip. If you get the opportunity to stay here, you are truly blessed.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 5 October 2021

Notten’s bush camp is the perfect balance of luxury and simplicity, not garishly overdone, with lanterns lighting your way in the evenings, complimenting the magic of the bush and the star-filled African sky.
The lodge is made up of only 9 private suites, which gives one a sense of exclusivity.
We just love the unhurried game drives, hearty meals, friendly faces and good conversations around a boma fire. The staff go out of their way to make every second special and memorable and the managers and owners are hands on and passionate about what they do.
Set in the Sabi Sands game reserve, which in my opinion offers a safari experience that is hard to match in other game reserves around the world.
The highly trained guides are patient and alert, and will make sure you are in the best position at every sighting. They’re intuitive and cater to their guests’ every need.

Notten’s Bush Camp remains one of our favourite destinations in the Sabi Sands Game Reserve and we cannot wait to visit again soon.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank Living B
Reviewed 4 October 2021 via mobile

Since we arrive to the lodge, all the staff give us a very charming welcome. We enjoy a lot to be there, the suites are amazing, food was perfect, game drives was very surprising at any moment!! and we had a very pleasure first time Safari. You need to understand that from the bar of the lodge or the dinner after the game drive, with a couple of friends that you may just meet. Recommend 100% !

Room tip: Do it sooner
Date of stay: October 2021
Reviewed 3 September 2021

There aren't enough stars on the planet to give Notten's the rating they deserve. We loved everything about Notten's and getting to know our guide was the best part of all. Seeing the Big 5 (and much more!) was a fun and exciting experience and the food and service was spectacular. During our 20 days in South Africa we spent time at other much more expensive places and we would not hesitate to pick Notten's again and again. If you are concerned about Covid, all activities (including meals) are outdoors and we felt comfortable and safe at all times. Vaccinations are really ramping up in SA and even though we were a bit nervous about traveling (due to both Covid and recent unrest), it turned out to be the perfect timing for travel. Could not recommend Notten's highly enough! Oh, and Moses -- your crazy Texas family misses you so much! YEE HAW!

Date of stay: August 2021