Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
christina d
Baltimore, Maryland

Beyond expectation!!!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Dec 2019
I have traveled around the globe and I'm fortunate to have stayed in the best places. Hands down Singita Ebony Lodge blew me away. The service, the decor, the food and the safari excursions are exceptional. I travelled with my partner who is not even interested in wildlife and he wants to book again for next year simply because the lodge is that special. It is all inclusive (obviously it is no bargain), but the food and drink are absolutely the most upscale and it's unlimited. The amenities are superb. The rooms are stocked with every type of libation you could possibly desire. The toiletries they provide are heavenly and there is complimentary laundry service. Your clothes are returned looking better than the best Park Ave. cleaner. If you can afford this place it is an absolute no brainer and you will have the experience of a life time. Paul was my safari guide and he was the best. Guy is an excellent host and Linette is your mother away from home.
Date of stay: December 2019
Room Tip: The rooms are all wonderful the only difference are the views and proximity.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
SingitaTraveller, Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this review
Responded 21 May 2020
Hi Christina

Thank you so much! Receiving these kinds of compliments from a seasoned traveler like yourself really humbles us. I know Paul, Guy, Mama Linneth and the laundry team will be so happy to get this feedback, and remind them of the time you all shared. The African bush has a magical spirit, one that changes us all into bush people. We look forward to hosting you at Ebony Lodge or any of our other Singita lodges around Africa on your next visit.

• eDreams
  • Hotels.com
    R 5 000
21.9 km from Singita Ebony Lodge
View more hotels in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
All reviews sand river food and wine four nights sommelier africa guide rhino cellar lodge tracker bush lawrence sightings wilderness buffalo respect
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

From the moment we walked onto the property we were cherished. The room, the bed, the deck, the plunge pool...just wow! The food and service were impeccable and never pretentious. Our guide Coleman and tracker Tembo were fun and learned “camp counselors”. They greeted us every morning and evening and came to the airstrip to send us off. We felt the love for what they do. We were the beneficiaries of that love. We will always be grateful for the memory and experience of a lifetime.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kellid338
SingitaTraveller, Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2020

It was an honour to welcome you to our little slice of heaven and we are thrilled that you loved every aspect of your stay with us.

Coleman and Themba are two peas in a pod and their amazing chemistry shows on game drives. The love that one gets for the bush is infectious and when you get to share that with people who will also cherish it, it is a great honour.

Keep that love strong and keep the memories front and centre, until next time.

Reviewed 7 November 2019

This is by all accounts one of the very best safari lodges in Africa. The location inside Singita private wildlife area, just outside the Kruger Park is a guarantee for fantastic wildlife sightings. Every day, early morning and evening, offers spectacular trips with knowledgeable and experienced guides who without fail take you to the places where the action is. The lodge offers an incredible ambience, with great comfort, wonderful food and the best wines South Africa can offer.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Retired_Stockevik

Thank you so much for the kind words describing our home. Being in the bush is a profound experience and we are delighted that your guides ensured you got in on all the action during your stay with us.

I will pass the great compliments to the entire lodge, kitchen and sommelier team. They will really appreciate riding your review. And we will keep the wines at perfect temperature for your next visit!

Reviewed 3 September 2019

One of the most exquisite stays I have experienced. The tents are impeccably designed. The service is flawless from the moment to step in to the moment you catch your return flight from the private airstrip. My guide Marc was always bubbling with energy and he took my on many short game drives than was on the official program! I saw all of big five within the first two game drives, but the highlight was being super close to a cheetah and being able to spend about half an hour studying him! The unforgettable experience that topped everything was the interruption of our a fresco lunch by a leopard and her cub, who took over the entire lunch pavilion for about twenty minutes, while we slowly moved into the safety of the lounge and observed them play!

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank datamusing
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2019

Dear datamusing,

Coming to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve is an incredible experience. The viewings you mentioned are some that seasoned safari goers never get to see.

Marc is an amazing guide and has a great bank of knowledge - his personality will always leave you with amazing memories of days spent in the bush. We are so thrilled that you saw so much and enjoyed so much of the lodge and your surroundings. Lunch and a show is definitely a highlight for anyone!

Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Ebony and then Lebombo just a week ago. My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon there over a decade ago and returned with our two kids, ages 8 and 10. We all had the most spectacular time. The staff, the service, the food, the accommodations and overall attention to every detail is unparalleled to any other place we’ve been to and we could swear it was better than our honeymoon so if anything, I think Singita has upped it’s game. We loved our guide Kirsten and tracker Rebel. There’s a bond that forms spending 7-8 hrs in a Jeep together for 3 days and sharing dinner together one evening as well. My whole family simply loved them both.

We cannot wait to visit other Singita lodges. Singita has captured something very special and while it is pricey, I think it was worth every penny spent. If you’re looking for a luxury safari experience, do not hesitate one moment to book Singita.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jusidaer

Dear Jusidaer,

Thank you for the kind words. Keeping up with the trends and being ahead of the curve is something that we pride ourselves on.

Having you come back to us with your family to share this experience with them means a lot to us. Kirsten and Rebel have such a great bond and the way that they get guests involved in each game drive is amazing - your words show just that.

We look forward to having you and your family visit us (or any of our other lodge offerings) again in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2019

This was the first Singita property we visited this year. We headed to Pamushana a few days later. Singita’s execution is perfect, which is what you would expect at the price point, but wouldn’t always get. The staff here are great. Our guide (Kristen) and Tracker (Rebel) were terrific and Kristen was very good about positioning for photography. Ebony is reached pretty conveniently from Joberg airport and I think it’s a great option for someone that wants to go on safari in South Africa. My main knock on it would be that their area is somewhat small (it seems to be about the same size as londolozi and they have rights to send 2 trucks at a time onto each others’ properties. It’s a much better place than the other private reserves to the west which seem to have much smaller reserves. However, there are numerous times when you’re driving around that you’re seeing the surrounding villages, cars along the main road, power lines, etc. It doesn’t ruin the experience, but I prefer to be more remote. Among other things, in three days we saw a leopard, lions, cheetah, and a secretary bird. Ngomi, the sommelier spent a lot of time with us, including a terrific private tasting where I learned a lot of about some of the wine regions in the country that I haven’t visited. The manager, Kenny, was very helpful and a lot of fun. Short version, if you want to go on safari in South Africa, I think Singita Ebony is absolutely worth the cost and will be an excellent experience and I can see us returning at some point as we safari hop in the future, though I think getting a little further out to Botswana (or Singita Pamushana in Zimbabwe which was incredible!) is worth the extra effort.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2019

Dear 35byronr,

It was such a delight to have you all join us at Singita Ebony as part of your trip.

We are glad that you connected with a few members of our staff. The sighting of the Secretary Bird is something that would keep me coming back and coupling that with everything else that you have seen is amazing.
The wine is always something great to look forward to after a long day in the bush and the passion that Ngoni has is portrayed in his delivery of these tastings.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ebony or any of our other Singita properties around Africa with open arms and big smiling faces.