Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Retired_Stockevik
Stockholm

This is the ultimate African wildlife experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 07 Nov 2019
This is by all accounts one of the very best safari lodges in Africa. The location inside Singita private wildlife area, just outside the Kruger Park is a guarantee for fantastic wildlife sightings. Every day, early morning and evening, offers spectacular trips with knowledgeable and experienced guides who without fail take you to the places where the action is. The lodge offers an incredible ambience, with great comfort, wonderful food and the best wines South Africa can offer.
Date of stay: October 2019
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
SingitaTraveller, Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this review
Responded 21 May 2020
Thank you so much for the kind words describing our home. Being in the bush is a profound experience and we are delighted that your guides ensured you got in on all the action during your stay with us.

I will pass the great compliments to the entire lodge, kitchen and sommelier team. They will really appreciate riding your review. And we will keep the wines at perfect temperature for your next visit!

Kenny Smith
7.1 km from Singita Ebony Lodge
Free parking
Pool
View more hotels in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
All reviews sand river food and wine four nights sommelier africa guide rhino cellar lodge tracker bush lawrence sightings wilderness buffalo respect
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2019

One of the most exquisite stays I have experienced. The tents are impeccably designed. The service is flawless from the moment to step in to the moment you catch your return flight from the private airstrip. My guide Marc was always bubbling with energy and he took my on many short game drives than was on the official program! I saw all of big five within the first two game drives, but the highlight was being super close to a cheetah and being able to spend about half an hour studying him! The unforgettable experience that topped everything was the interruption of our a fresco lunch by a leopard and her cub, who took over the entire lunch pavilion for about twenty minutes, while we slowly moved into the safety of the lounge and observed them play!

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank datamusing
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2019

Dear datamusing,

Coming to the Sabi Sand Game Reserve is an incredible experience. The viewings you mentioned are some that seasoned safari goers never get to see.

Marc is an amazing guide and has a great bank of knowledge - his personality will always leave you with amazing memories of days spent in the bush. We are so thrilled that you saw so much and enjoyed so much of the lodge and your surroundings. Lunch and a show is definitely a highlight for anyone!

Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Ebony and then Lebombo just a week ago. My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon there over a decade ago and returned with our two kids, ages 8 and 10. We all had the most spectacular time. The staff, the service, the food, the accommodations and overall attention to every detail is unparalleled to any other place we’ve been to and we could swear it was better than our honeymoon so if anything, I think Singita has upped it’s game. We loved our guide Kirsten and tracker Rebel. There’s a bond that forms spending 7-8 hrs in a Jeep together for 3 days and sharing dinner together one evening as well. My whole family simply loved them both.

We cannot wait to visit other Singita lodges. Singita has captured something very special and while it is pricey, I think it was worth every penny spent. If you’re looking for a luxury safari experience, do not hesitate one moment to book Singita.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jusidaer

Dear Jusidaer,

Thank you for the kind words. Keeping up with the trends and being ahead of the curve is something that we pride ourselves on.

Having you come back to us with your family to share this experience with them means a lot to us. Kirsten and Rebel have such a great bond and the way that they get guests involved in each game drive is amazing - your words show just that.

We look forward to having you and your family visit us (or any of our other lodge offerings) again in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2019

This was the first Singita property we visited this year. We headed to Pamushana a few days later. Singita’s execution is perfect, which is what you would expect at the price point, but wouldn’t always get. The staff here are great. Our guide (Kristen) and Tracker (Rebel) were terrific and Kristen was very good about positioning for photography. Ebony is reached pretty conveniently from Joberg airport and I think it’s a great option for someone that wants to go on safari in South Africa. My main knock on it would be that their area is somewhat small (it seems to be about the same size as londolozi and they have rights to send 2 trucks at a time onto each others’ properties. It’s a much better place than the other private reserves to the west which seem to have much smaller reserves. However, there are numerous times when you’re driving around that you’re seeing the surrounding villages, cars along the main road, power lines, etc. It doesn’t ruin the experience, but I prefer to be more remote. Among other things, in three days we saw a leopard, lions, cheetah, and a secretary bird. Ngomi, the sommelier spent a lot of time with us, including a terrific private tasting where I learned a lot of about some of the wine regions in the country that I haven’t visited. The manager, Kenny, was very helpful and a lot of fun. Short version, if you want to go on safari in South Africa, I think Singita Ebony is absolutely worth the cost and will be an excellent experience and I can see us returning at some point as we safari hop in the future, though I think getting a little further out to Botswana (or Singita Pamushana in Zimbabwe which was incredible!) is worth the extra effort.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2019

Dear 35byronr,

It was such a delight to have you all join us at Singita Ebony as part of your trip.

We are glad that you connected with a few members of our staff. The sighting of the Secretary Bird is something that would keep me coming back and coupling that with everything else that you have seen is amazing.
The wine is always something great to look forward to after a long day in the bush and the passion that Ngoni has is portrayed in his delivery of these tastings.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ebony or any of our other Singita properties around Africa with open arms and big smiling faces.

Reviewed 14 July 2019

We were fortunate to stay 3 nights in May at Ebony Lodge. The General Manager, Chantelle as instrumental in helping me craft a perfect itinerary.

We enjoyed Nick as our guide along with Peter, our tracker. We learned about the habits of the different animals as well as experienced 3 days of seamless adventure. Seeing the Rhino at sunset will be something I always remember and the pictures help with that.

Tiffany, Ryan, Kenny, Pat and Guy were all so kind and welcoming. We loved the antics of the Vervet monkeys who could just see the slingshot and head off. That isn't to say the monkeys didn't sneak a snack or two, they are crafty little devils. The plunge pool in our suite overlooking the Sand River was a welcome spot mid-day to review photos by and watch the resident Vervets as they came around to play. Monkey around takes on a whole new meaning at Ebony.

One special stop while we stayed at Ebony was lunch at the neighbor Boulders Lodge. These two lodges, while close in proximity and both Singita are very different. Ebony is the classic lodge feel with rock walls and high peaked thatched roof lines. Boulders is a more contemporary design with the Wine Cellar built around the boulders. Very spectacular. I had the best steak fillet for lunch that I've had in a very long time. I highly recommend it.

I didn't have the opportunity to have a massage but I did peek in to the spa. One of our fellow travelers reported it was possibly her best massage ever. The spa itself had a great exercise facility and very relaxing looking treatment rooms.

Afternoon cocktails with dinner was a very relaxing end to an always exciting day. Singita Ebony Lodge absolutely deserves all of its accolades.

Room tip: Every room has a front row seat to the wild life action on the river.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2019

Dear 2love2hike,

We really appreciate the kind words about your stay at Singita Ebony Lodge!

The experience of being out in the bush is a magical one and we are so glad that also learning about the behaviours of various wildlife added to your experience. The staff will be so happy to read of the personal mention of them in your words. The guiding team as well as the Front of House team are thrilled that you had a magical experience.

The Monkeys really are cheeky little devils and their playful tactics in acquiring food always keeps us on our toes. As with most of the animal interactions, they do stay with you for life and the photos will always remind you of the experience.

We were more than happy to arrange for you to have a meal at Singita Boulders Lodge, and also showcase to you another amazing lodge within the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.

We do hope that you come back and visit us again and this time we will have to find time for you to enjoy the spa with us and possibly a little more "Monkeying around".

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2019 via mobile

My daughter and I truly enjoyed our stay and our time with The Ebony Family. We felt as part of a family from the first moment we arrived.

Perfection in the Bush !

The smiles , the views , the experience. Is beyond a five star rating. ! If there was a 6 star - We would give our new friends and family a 6+++ star rating.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

Dear Journey Earth Travel,

Thank you kindly for your beautiful review. What a pleasure to hear that you had such quality time with your daughter.
We appreciate the 6* family rating!

I trust you will return soon with the rest of the family.

Chantelle Maritz.