Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jusidaer
Brooklyn, New York

Better than the honeymoon

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 02 Sept 2019via mobile
My family and I stayed at Ebony and then Lebombo just a week ago. My husband and I enjoyed our honeymoon there over a decade ago and returned with our two kids, ages 8 and 10. We all had the most spectacular time. The staff, the service, the food, the accommodations and overall attention to every detail is unparalleled to any other place we’ve been to and we could swear it was better than our honeymoon so if anything, I think Singita has upped it’s game. We loved our guide Kirsten and tracker Rebel. There’s a bond that forms spending 7-8 hrs in a Jeep together for 3 days and sharing dinner together one evening as well. My whole family simply loved them both.

We cannot wait to visit other Singita lodges. Singita has captured something very special and while it is pricey, I think it was worth every penny spent. If you’re looking for a luxury safari experience, do not hesitate one moment to book Singita.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 04 Oct 2019
Dear Jusidaer,

Thank you for the kind words. Keeping up with the trends and being ahead of the curve is something that we pride ourselves on.

Having you come back to us with your family to share this experience with them means a lot to us. Kirsten and Rebel have such a great bond and the way that they get guests involved in each game drive is amazing - your words show just that.

We look forward to having you and your family visit us (or any of our other lodge offerings) again in the future.

• eDreams
8.3 km from Singita Ebony Lodge
Free Wifi
16.6 km from Singita Ebony Lodge
View more hotels in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
All reviews sand river food and wine four nights sommelier africa guide rhino cellar lodge tracker bush lawrence sightings wilderness buffalo respect
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2019

This was the first Singita property we visited this year. We headed to Pamushana a few days later. Singita’s execution is perfect, which is what you would expect at the price point, but wouldn’t always get. The staff here are great. Our guide (Kristen) and Tracker (Rebel) were terrific and Kristen was very good about positioning for photography. Ebony is reached pretty conveniently from Joberg airport and I think it’s a great option for someone that wants to go on safari in South Africa. My main knock on it would be that their area is somewhat small (it seems to be about the same size as londolozi and they have rights to send 2 trucks at a time onto each others’ properties. It’s a much better place than the other private reserves to the west which seem to have much smaller reserves. However, there are numerous times when you’re driving around that you’re seeing the surrounding villages, cars along the main road, power lines, etc. It doesn’t ruin the experience, but I prefer to be more remote. Among other things, in three days we saw a leopard, lions, cheetah, and a secretary bird. Ngomi, the sommelier spent a lot of time with us, including a terrific private tasting where I learned a lot of about some of the wine regions in the country that I haven’t visited. The manager, Kenny, was very helpful and a lot of fun. Short version, if you want to go on safari in South Africa, I think Singita Ebony is absolutely worth the cost and will be an excellent experience and I can see us returning at some point as we safari hop in the future, though I think getting a little further out to Botswana (or Singita Pamushana in Zimbabwe which was incredible!) is worth the extra effort.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2019

Dear 35byronr,

It was such a delight to have you all join us at Singita Ebony as part of your trip.

We are glad that you connected with a few members of our staff. The sighting of the Secretary Bird is something that would keep me coming back and coupling that with everything else that you have seen is amazing.
The wine is always something great to look forward to after a long day in the bush and the passion that Ngoni has is portrayed in his delivery of these tastings.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ebony or any of our other Singita properties around Africa with open arms and big smiling faces.

Reviewed 14 July 2019

We were fortunate to stay 3 nights in May at Ebony Lodge. The General Manager, Chantelle as instrumental in helping me craft a perfect itinerary.

We enjoyed Nick as our guide along with Peter, our tracker. We learned about the habits of the different animals as well as experienced 3 days of seamless adventure. Seeing the Rhino at sunset will be something I always remember and the pictures help with that.

Tiffany, Ryan, Kenny, Pat and Guy were all so kind and welcoming. We loved the antics of the Vervet monkeys who could just see the slingshot and head off. That isn't to say the monkeys didn't sneak a snack or two, they are crafty little devils. The plunge pool in our suite overlooking the Sand River was a welcome spot mid-day to review photos by and watch the resident Vervets as they came around to play. Monkey around takes on a whole new meaning at Ebony.

One special stop while we stayed at Ebony was lunch at the neighbor Boulders Lodge. These two lodges, while close in proximity and both Singita are very different. Ebony is the classic lodge feel with rock walls and high peaked thatched roof lines. Boulders is a more contemporary design with the Wine Cellar built around the boulders. Very spectacular. I had the best steak fillet for lunch that I've had in a very long time. I highly recommend it.

I didn't have the opportunity to have a massage but I did peek in to the spa. One of our fellow travelers reported it was possibly her best massage ever. The spa itself had a great exercise facility and very relaxing looking treatment rooms.

Afternoon cocktails with dinner was a very relaxing end to an always exciting day. Singita Ebony Lodge absolutely deserves all of its accolades.

Room tip: Every room has a front row seat to the wild life action on the river.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2019

Dear 2love2hike,

We really appreciate the kind words about your stay at Singita Ebony Lodge!

The experience of being out in the bush is a magical one and we are so glad that also learning about the behaviours of various wildlife added to your experience. The staff will be so happy to read of the personal mention of them in your words. The guiding team as well as the Front of House team are thrilled that you had a magical experience.

The Monkeys really are cheeky little devils and their playful tactics in acquiring food always keeps us on our toes. As with most of the animal interactions, they do stay with you for life and the photos will always remind you of the experience.

We were more than happy to arrange for you to have a meal at Singita Boulders Lodge, and also showcase to you another amazing lodge within the Sabi Sand Game Reserve.

We do hope that you come back and visit us again and this time we will have to find time for you to enjoy the spa with us and possibly a little more "Monkeying around".

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2019 via mobile

My daughter and I truly enjoyed our stay and our time with The Ebony Family. We felt as part of a family from the first moment we arrived.

Perfection in the Bush !

The smiles , the views , the experience. Is beyond a five star rating. ! If there was a 6 star - We would give our new friends and family a 6+++ star rating.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

Dear Journey Earth Travel,

Thank you kindly for your beautiful review. What a pleasure to hear that you had such quality time with your daughter.
We appreciate the 6* family rating!

I trust you will return soon with the rest of the family.

Reviewed 4 March 2019

We loved everything about Ebony. You are spoiled and catered to the entire time. The height of luxury in all respects. Great food, incredible rooms with swimming pools. First class service.
And that's before even getting to the safari experience!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2019

Dear PBrave,

Thank you very much for your lovely words. I’m so glad you enjoyed using the private pool, especially during the summer season.

We trust you made great memories!

And, we hope to have you visit again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2019

Without doubt one of the best hotel experiences in the world. From arrival to departure you are treated like a princess! If only other hotels were the same ....
Stunning location, stunning views, amazing staff ..big shout out to Gus (sorry Guy!) and our sommelier Minnie (goodday Minnie)... obviously comes at a price but if you want a real 5* experience then this is it. You will not be disappointed.
If I was going to make one comment I would have liked a bigger pool to swim in.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank paniclondon

Dear Paniclondon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. It is a pleasure to hear you were treated like royalty! The team definitely take a lot of pride in making guest feel special.

Minnie and “Gus” ( a nick name that has stuck to him since your departure) are doing well. I will pass on the hello.

We hope you return soon to continue your journey with the stunning wine offering.

Warmest regards,