Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dave G
Miami Beach, Florida

Perfection!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 07 Sept 2018via mobile
Look no further - Singita Ebony Lodge is the best! We loved it all!

The game was simply amazing and our guide and spotter, Danie and Golden, were extremely knowledgeable, friendly and fun. We had a blast and saw amazing animals in action nearly non-stop. It was as if they were summoning the animals on command. Leopard - here’s one. Rhino - here you go. Lion cubs - viola! Wild dog pups - check! Really?!

The service was out of this world! The staff takes the time to get to know you and takes any and all steps to ensure a great experience. Ben - half court jester / half hyena, was clearly a standout for his great personality, stories and interaction with guests. Likewise, the rest of the dream team, including Bromlyn, Tumelo and Chantal - were also spectacular.

How about the food? Wow - so delicious throughout and honestly, such an upside surprise. Kudos to the chef and his team! Similarly, the wine was superb and the somm was again, very knowledgeable, personable and accommodative. Oh - and the room? I mean, really? Taking a shower and watching elephants walk by or jumping in the great plunge pool and gazing at the passing giraffes - are you kidding me?!

I can’t even put proper words to the experience that we enjoyed at Singita and how wonderful, fun and engaging we found all of their employees. I can’t wait to return and made a case that they should hire me as a Monkey Minder apprentice - fingers crossed!
Responded 12 Sept 2018
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review.

It’s very exciting to read about your stay and how wonderful it was.
It was such a pleasure looking after you and I trust you made plenty of memorable memories.
If you bring your sling shot next time we will definitely have you assist.

Take care,
18.3 km from Singita Ebony Lodge
Free parking
Pool
View more hotels in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
All reviews sand river food and wine four nights sommelier africa guide rhino cellar lodge tracker bush lawrence sightings wilderness buffalo respect
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We stayed in Singita Ebony for three nights in late August of 2018. This place could not be any better and I tend to be a tough judge. Starting with booking it directly through Singita and working with Drew to the deaprture it was flawless. The rooms are a highlight, the food was great, the game drives were spectacular, the service was the best my wife and I have ever experienced and we have been fortunate enough to stay in some great resorts.

Our guide was Joffors(one of the most postive and enthusiastic people I haveever met) and the tracker was Lawrence. Not having been on safari before I wasn't sure what to expect but we quickly learned that the guide and tracker really make your visit. There wasn't anything they couldn't do. They basically stayed out as long as we wanted and were persistant in finding animals. They put in the work. While the Big 5 is basically a marketing creation they found them for us in the first 24 hours. The animals are everywhere and not shy. We had a large herd of elephants pass by our vehicle on both sides close enough to touch and we had two different leopards lay down next to us to be in the shade and when I say next to us I mean next to us.

If that wasn't enough the accomodations are spectacular. From the setting overlooking the Sand River and nestled among mature ebony trees to your own plunge pool the rooms are stunning. The service was beyond anything we have ever encountered and to top it off we had a wine tasting for 4 of us with extremely good wine. I am not that familiar with South African wine but Singita clearly knows how to source the best.

I am aware that there are several luxury lodges in the Kruger/Sabi Sands area of South Africa that compete with each other but I can't imagine anything better than this.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank John M
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hi John,

What a great read and kind words of what your experience was like at Ebony.
Joffers is definitely a special character and I’m glad he added value to your stay!
We trust you will return and if not to Ebony then to one of our other Singita properties.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Staying at the Ebony Lodge is an experience of a lifetime! Nothing can ever compare to the warmth, knowledge and professionalism of the entire staff. Every staff member knows your name. One member in our group is eating a low carb, no sugar diet. At each meal, he received a personal menu with lots of perfect choices. You almost hate to leave for your game drives as the accommodations are so perfect. The guides and trackers share their love of the environment and you cannot believe what you see on the drives. So many animals and stories. You must go to Ebony Lodge!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Ann W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

It’s very rewarding to read such lovely feedback. I’m sure you left with wonderful stories and a lifetime of memories.
It’s always humbling to know that you felt so welcomed and part of the Singita family.

We hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We just returned from 3 nights at the Singita Ebony and loved it. The Lodge and rooms are beautiful and the staff is very professional and hard working. We had a great guide Coleman that even provided us with a cheetah kill. Our butler Langton was wonderful and always new what we wanted before we did. We loved the wine tasting and cellar. Chantelle is an expert on South African wine and was very good at educating us. She picked our wine each evening based on our preferences during the tasting. On our last day we had a very special breakfast that we will always remember.

Room tip: all rooms are very private.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cwaj45

Dear cwaj45,

It is absolutely rewarding to receive such a great review.

We appreciate your kind words. I’m happy to hear you connected with our Singita family so well and made new friends.
We trust you will return, not only for the safari but also for the wine!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Wonderful! Amazing hotel. People very very polite with smiles in the face all the time. The cheff is fantastic and the food is very nice. The guides are very professional, polite and hiper very good. If I will came back to Safari, I will came back to Singita. Congrats

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear ftorres2017,

Thank you so very much for your review!

I’m so happy that you had a memorable experience that will be talked about for many years.
We do hope you return in the future, possibly at one of our other fabulous lodges.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I recently stayed at boulders and ebony lodges, and had the happiest and best time of our lives. Everything about this holiday was utterly perfect and magical. The staff and service is outstanding, and the lodges and game reserve are beautiful. We went out on drives for six hours a day, and saw every animal imaginable and plenty of times. Our tour guide and tracker were so nice, fun, knowledgeable, and wholly committed to making our drives the most incredible experience for us - they even arranged for us to have breakfast in the bush! I cannot recommend this holiday enough - it will be the experience of a lifetime and give you the happiest memories. Thank you to the staff at singita for making our honeymoon so special and enjoyable.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Ebony Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Alexis,

It is absolutely rewarding to receive such a great review.

We, as a team, are happy that your experience at Singita Ebony Lodge was so memorable. It is a great time of year to do breakfast in the bush.

I trust that the rest of your trip was just as special!

Regards,